ADVERTISEMENT

OT: anyone tried Youtube TV ?

Too cheap to pay for it although the family loved the Cobra Kai 2 free episodes.

I've had it for a few months now and I love it....I was a DirecTV guy for about 15 years.
I'd make the switch again 100 times.
Plus you can watch on your phone which is nice

I have it now and among all streamers, it has held up best. All ESPN channels, fox sports, and sec network and other usual channels. You can't use a fire stick but Roku and Chromecast will work. I have had some occasional reboots but nothing like Hulu. Cost $40 per month + tax.

I have had it 4 or 5 months. I dropped Dish and am saving $80 per month over Dish. YouTube TV cost $40 for forty channels. I believe I get all the ESPN channels (at least the ones I want). I also get SEC Network, Fox Sports channels, Golf channel. I get all the sports channels I believe I had with Dish which I had 200 channels I did NOT watch or even know what they were. I actually watch less that ten channels that are available. I can also access SEC+ thru Roku.

I get all the local news channels live. It took awhile to get used to navigating the menu but I actually like it better when you learn your way around. I get 6 free family feeds and I can acess You Tube TV on any mobile devices where I have internet access. Bottom line: I am not a fan of Google which owns YouTubeTv but I am satisfied with YouTubeTv.

I have had it 4 or 5 months. I dropped Dish and am saving $80 per month over Dish. YouTube TV cost $40 for forty channels. I believe I get all the ESPN channels (at least the ones I want). I also get SEC Network, Fox Sports channels, Golf channel. I get all the sports channels I believe I had with Dish which I had 200 channels I did NOT watch or even know what they were. I actually watch less that ten channels that are available. I can also access SEC+ thru Roku.

I get all the local news channels live. It took awhile to get used to navigating the menu but I actually like it better when you learn your way around. I get 6 free family feeds and I can acess You Tube TV on any mobile devices where I have internet access. Bottom line: I am not a fan of Google which owns YouTubeTv but I am satisfied with YouTubeTv.
Top review. I've been sitting on the fence about dropping the xfinity X1 in favor of the Roku I bought 2 months ago, because I thought I'd lose ESPN. This is great!

It's DOA at my house unless you can get all the Hallmark channels.Eyeroll

I've had it for 3-4 months now and i love it. It comes with pretty much all of the relevant channels for college football (including locals) plus unlimited cloud DVR. In order to get the same content on Sling you need both the Orange and Blue packages and an antenna for the locals which is both more expensive and a PITA.

With YouTubeTV you can just add "South Carolina Football" (or whatever team you wish) to your favorites and it will record every game and save them to your library.

The only negative thing i can say about it is that the interface is still a little clunky and not as good as Sling's.

I was in that boat too but was able to secure a narrow approval since it includes Bravo and E! channels. HGTV not being included was her main hang-up.
Only after we signed up and had it for a few weeks did my wife then also realize the Food Network was not included...but by that time she had enjoyed it enough and we were already too committed to change back.
There are always a lot of movies on - I've been surprised at the quality of the programming on a few of the channels I wasn't really familiar with before (even though I still just watch sports 90% of the time)

Reactions: king ward
YouTubeTV does not have the Hallmark Channel. I use Roku as my portal to access YouTubeTV and you can subscribe to Hallmark directly through Roku. Looks like it's 4.99 per month with the bonus that the movies are commercial free. FWIW.

Reactions: king ward
I was in that boat too but was able to secure a narrow approval since it includes Bravo and E! channels. HGTV not being included was her main hang-up.
Only after we signed up and had it for a few weeks did my wife then also realize the Food Network was not included...but by that time she had enjoyed it enough and we were already too committed to change back.
There are always a lot of movies on - I've been surprised at the quality of the programming on a few of the channels I wasn't really familiar with before (even though I still just watch sports 90% of the time)
See my previous reply to King Ward. If you use Roku, these channels may be available trough Roku. You can do a search in Roku. I do know that the Food Network has some free streaming shows. It also has a monthly fee option to view live shows. I know this because I researched this a few months ago for a lady who works for me. (She is also a baseball fan and YouTubeTV includes the MLB Network.)

Between Roku and YouTubeTv, you can get about everything you would probably want.

Love it. Was with SlingTV since 2015. Switched to YouTubeTV a few months back and it has been perfect.

I recently visited my dad who has Charter Spectrum. I felt like I was watching TV from the 90s at his place. Seriously, the Spectrum user interface was what I had 20 years ago.

I have spent he last 3 months trying the different streaming services. I was a 20+ year directTV guy. I have used HuluTV, SlingTV, and YouTubeTV. YouTube TV is by far the best. Hulu TV I would rate 2nd , and SlingTv a distant 3rd. All three give you access to the ESPN online content as well.

I wish Hulu had been best. I like their non live content and they offer a bundled discount. Hulu user interface sux , and was the reason that I dropped them.

Sling is fine if you know exactly what you want to watch and don't mind almost no guide features.

YouTube TV is by far the best, and gives you unlimited cl;oud DVR. I am working in Cleveland for several months and I am in an extended stay america hotel. I just brought a Roku device with me on the trip , and I am watching the TV here just as if I was at home. I get the locals from back home etc. My wife is watching at home without issue.

So you kind of eased it in on her.:)

I use Roku & YouTube TV and it is awesome! The best option I’ve ever used and it also has saved a lot of money. Not to mention unlimited DVR.

Haven't tried YouTube TV but had PS Vue and currently have Hulu Live. Absolutely love Hulu Live at $40/month with no tax and it includes the normal $8/month Hulu which I already had. So it's more like $32 for me. PS Vue wouldn't let me watch as soon as my internet provider would change my IP address so I'd have to reset my home network. Haven't had this problem with Hulu.

When I am on the Youtube TV website and put in my zip code, it tells me I don't have access for my area. I live in Aiken, SC. Anyone having these issues?

I have it and it's been good so far. Like being able to watch it on my phone or IPAD- can also transmit from my phone to other TVs in the house.

I’ll watch as many Lacy Chabert Hallmark movies as my wife wants!
latest

I’ll watch as many Lacy Chabert Hallmark movies as my wife wants!
latest
It's the recycled, sappy background music of all these movies that makes me want to stab myself in the head. Also, from the dialog and story structure it seems like all the movies are written by the same 4 or 5 people. Though, when they are muted they can be tolerable (above).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT