ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Animated Film

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
I tend to associate animated with kids / family films but, heck, we were art kids at one time. What’s your favorite animated film?

For me it has to be The Lion King. Also enjoyed the first Shrek and the first Incredibles movie.

For me it's Wallace and Gromit, Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

That and Disney's 101 Dalmations.

Wall-E....
Roger Rabbit

Thought about Who Framed Roger Rabbit too. Definitely a classic. Lot of adult humor in there. As a young boy...I was confuse by the patty cake...

Actually haven’t seen Wall-E but he definitely looks like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit.

I agree with the OP. A toss up between Shrek and Lion King. (Both original version, not sequels). I can't get over people who immediately dismiss animated films without watching them. Some say, "I don't like cartoons". But with many animated films the story and the plot and the score are as good as or better than many regular films. Lion King and Shrek are two excellent examples.

I agree with the OP. A toss up between Shrek and Lion King. (Both original version, not sequels). I can't get over people who immediately dismiss animated films without watching them. Some say, "I don't like cartoons". But with many animated films the story and the plot and the score are as good as or better than many regular films. Lion King and Shrek are two excellent examples.

No doubt. But even for me, I get sick of watching them because the kids watch them ALL THE TIME!! The Wreck It Ralph movies are pretty good too. The 2nd one was great.

LEGO Batman is freaking hilarious. All of these have tons of adult humor and pop-culture references. They also have great messages for kids. The latest one, LEGO Movie 2, was a complete cash grab and might be signaling the end of the franchise. I know LEGO Batman 2 is being worked on as well, but if the LEGO Movie sequel is any indication...it’ll be way worse than the original.

The new animated Spider-Man was pretty awesome . That’s a tough one . I thought the last Jungle Book movie that came out was pretty good . My all time favorite as a kid was the Disney Robin Hood .

The new animated Spider-Man was pretty awesome . That’s a tough one . I thought the last Jungle Book movie that came out was pretty good . My all time favorite as a kid was the Disney Robin Hood .

About halfway through that Spider-Man I forgot I was watching an animated movie. It really was awesome.

Space Jamz. Got to meet Charles Barkley a year or so after it came out. Had my 5 year old daughter with me at the time and Sir Charles spent several minutes talking to her. He was very nice. Never will forget that.

It’s actually just Space Jam with no Z but agree it was a good film. Though I never bought the story that Michael was kidnapped by toons to face the Monstars...then got the NBA players’ abilities back and that’s why he came back to the NBA. Felt like a coverup to me...I’m not that easy to fool.

Reactions: bucketdad
Robin Hood

bb4c08ba3f7b05d984054640900dab0fbf88f6b91eb1f7f53c130daeb297b5a1.gif

Surprised no one mentioned Finding Nemo. It's one of my favorites.

I thought Wall-E was excellent along with the Toy Story movies.

There's a ton of great ones listed and some others I'd love to see. So many of the Disney Classics are hard to beat as well.

Heavy Metal just for the music
The ending of Toy Story 3 almost had me bawling
Also have always liked Mulan and Monsters Inc (2319!)

I tend to associate animated with kids / family films but, heck, we were art kids at one time. What’s your favorite animated film?

For me it has to be The Lion King. Also enjoyed the first Shrek and the first Incredibles movie.
Toy Story, Finding Nemo,and Ratatouille

Toy Story (Because of what it started)
Final Fantasy: Spirits Within (Story sucked but was light years ahead of anything available, more of a technology jump than Avatar)
Iron Giant

Reactions: Carolina4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT