ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Holes in Golf

As much as I loved #7 at Pebble, the best shot is the 2nd on the 8th hole. The green looks like it’s a mile away standing on that elevated fairway. Not much room to miss right. Seals everywhere.
PB-H08-409-AE.jpg
I parred this hole when I played there. Drive right to the edge- iron to just off the back of the green- chip close- putt in. BOOM!

Reactions: Carolina4
I parred this hole when I played there. Drive right to the edge- iron to just off the back of the green- chip close- putt in. BOOM!

The blind tee shot up the hill makes it difficult, especially when it’s your first time there. The aiming stone helps but I had no idea how far to hit it. I hit 3-wood off the tee and pulled it a bit left leaving a longer approach to that green. I think I had to use 3 or 4 iron from there and hit one of the better shots I’ve ever hit in my life. Maybe by accident as I was aiming left (safe) but it cut a bit and hit the green. Two-putt Par myself. Remember looking back and wondering how I pulled that off.

Reactions: ken in sacramento
Coming up on the US Open at Pebble next week and thinking of some of the best holes in golf. Certainly #7 at Pebble has to be one of the best Par 3’s. Fun hole, elevated tee, amazing scenery.
7th-Hole-Pebble-Beach-Golf-Links-StkPB119Pa-ES-991x500.jpg
The 18th hole is by far the best.

Frankly, although I appreciate the reputation, lore, and greatness of Pine Valley, I've come to the point in life where I just can't play golf knowing I'm going to be beaten up by the course. I do envy you for having played so many outstanding courses. How have you been able to access so many different places - some of them ultra-private?

I guess I’ve been lucky.

Hardest Courses I have played (in order):
1) Pine Valley
2) PGA West
3) Muirfield Village
4) TPC Sawgrass
5) Spyglass Hill
6) Kiawah Ocean Course (winds weren’t crazy)
7) Harbor Town
8) Pasatiempo
9) Pebble Beach

Parred #7 @ Pebble Beach after hitting my "wind aided" tee shot onto #8 tee box.

Had a birdie putt on #17; asked my friend to take a pict of me making birdie.. 3 putted...
Doah!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT