ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best restaurant in Harbison for lunch?

The new Mexican restaurant ( El Jimador ) next to Dem's on Lake Murray Blvd. Excellent $5 lunch and tasty margaritas. Looks small from the outside but it's not. Very nice inside.

We tried Willie Sues and were disappointed in the food. Expensive for what it is and I doubt it will make it. Nothing has in that location.

The $7.99 chicken and dumplings special at Cracker Barrel is hard to beat. You'll have enough leftovers for supper. Better and less expensive than Lizards Thicket where they don't serve hot biscuits and jelly.

Last edited:
Not quite Harbison, although less than 10 minutes away, but Real Mexico on Bush River is one of if not the best real Mexican places in town. Friends of that descent say the same. Totally worth it even if you do it other than your lunch. You’ll have to check, but they used to be closed Mondays

Not quite Harbison, although less than 10 minutes away, but Real Mexico on Bush River is one of if not the best real Mexican places in town. Friends of that descent say the same. Totally worth it even if you do it other than your lunch. You’ll have to check, but they used to be closed Mondays
Definitely a good one, I would go a little early of a little later.

Reactions: lostcock

I love Real Mexico but finding a parking spot in their tiny lot is near impossible. Last time we went there we parked at the office building across the street and risked our lives crossing Bush River Rd.

I love Real Mexico but finding a parking spot in their tiny lot is near impossible. Last time we went there we parked at the office building across the street and risked our lives crossing Bush River Rd.
Real Mexico is very good. We also like Brothers and Beer and El Jimador in Lexington.

Check out Coa Agaveria Y Cocina for Mexican food in downtown Columbia. It’s in the same block as the SpringHill Suites on Lady Street. Very good food and a good drink menu. Website coaagaveria.com.

It’s definitely Hermanos and Cerveza (right at Old Chapin and 378/Cola Ave.) and the “everything” fajitas were the $&#%, and big enough to share. Awesome

Reactions: cockn'fyr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT