ADVERTISEMENT

OT (but about Columbia): Not an endorsement of The State by a lllooonnnggg shot, but this AWESOME...

Anna_Nimmitty

Jul 28, 2010
News:

It’s the most beautiful spot in the Midlands you can’t get to. That’s about to change.

D21A5203

Man, we been needing this for DECADES!! Really looking forward to checking it out!! I'm only an hour away up here in Charlotte, but I miss Columbia!!

Just thought I'd post that article.

Wha'chall think??

Very exciting. I visited Budapest, Hungary which is a city divided by the Danube River. Right in the middle there's this long island called Margaret Island and the whole thing is a public park. This will be a little smaller and not quite in the middle of town but along the same lines. Gonna be super cool!

margaret-island1.jpg

Margaret Island in Budapest

This is brilliant.
Assuming you're being 100% honest (ya know, ya never know on this board sometimes), the blatant question of, "what the hail took them so long to even come up with such a simple, yet vitally important concept??"!!!

Man, that's going to ultimately end up being a very fitting, and very awesome perspective of Columbia in general!!!

I mean what/where in EITHER of the Carolina's or Georgia (there's something similar on the Ga/Bama line somewhere. I think. =;-p) comes close to being as awesome as that right there???

Obviously there are quite a few folks that have simply never spent much (if any) time floating down that part/area of the Saluda River!!! Yeah, the zoo's there, but the Saluda River (which is as COLD as Hades is hot - even in June, July and August) is in and of itself AWESOME!!!

Reactions: radcock
News:

It’s the most beautiful spot in the Midlands you can’t get to. That’s about to change.

D21A5203

Man, we been needing this for DECADES!! Really looking forward to checking it out!! I'm only an hour away up here in Charlotte, but I miss Columbia!!

Just thought I'd post that article.

Wha'chall think??

It really is something to tube down...gonna be nice to have all of this so accessible. Been waiting for decades.

also heard the mayor is addressing the trains...I am told the trains have the right to do whatever they want to do however.

It really is something to tube down...gonna be nice to have all of this so accessible. Been waiting for decades.

also heard the mayor is addressing the trains...I am told the trains have the right to do whatever they want to do however.
Man, the trains in Cola are a MAJOR PITA!!!

Not sure what the options are. I do know that in certain parts of West Charlotte, the trains (i.e. freight, not CATS) only come in at night - but then again, that's only on Donald Ross Road near Wilkinson Blvd.

The only options are to try to address such from a legal perspective. I do believe that "freight" trains are a part of federal transportation laws or whatnot.

Like I said: a MAJOR PITA!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT