ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coach K to call it a career after '21-'22 season

GarnetBeamer

Dec 7, 2020
Love him or hate him, he's one heck of a coach. Will be interesting to see whether Duke or UNC makes the better hire to follow in the footsteps of legendary coaches.

Danny Ferry??Although Ferry has a bit of baggage from his days with Hawks,he knows basketball.

At least UNC went with some diversity for their hire. Looks like Duke is just going with another white guy. Privilege abounds up there. Lame.
See all you, let’s talk sports people. Can’t just talk sports. Just sayin.

Not bashing this poster, this is what happens in a politically charged world.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
See all you, let’s talk sports people. Can’t just talk sports. Just sayin.

Not bashing this poster, this is what happens in a politically charged world.

Ha, I really don't care about that. Was just shamelessly bumping my thread since it was the original Coach K retirement thread.

Love him or hate him, he's one heck of a coach. Will be interesting to see whether Duke or UNC makes the better hire to follow in the footsteps of legendary coaches.

This is our fault... If we didn't hire Bill Forster from Duke, then Coach K may have never ended up at Duke...

Too bad we didn't hire Coach K at the time. Knowing our BOT, they would have still pass up a young coach for a washed up ACC coach..

This is our fault... If we didn't hire Bill Forster from Duke, then Coach K may have never ended up at Duke...

Too bad we didn't hire Coach K at the time. Knowing our BOT, they would have still pass up a young coach for a washed up ACC coach..

Coach K was not at all popular at Duke in his first couple/few seasons. I think he was even burned in effigy at one point. If Duke doesn't hire him, it's unlikely we scoop him up. He was a relative no-name...with a name that no one could pronounce.

Reactions: vacock#
One thing positive I will say about Coach K, when we beat him in the NCAA's, I was always impressed he did not do the foul time out thing until the end of the game, he was beaten and called off his dogs. He was down by 7 with about 15 seconds and called off the troops most coaches would of kept fouling. To me he showed some class by doing that.

Of course later buying Zion's services was not that classy, :)

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
K is going to do a farewell tour so everybody will have a chance to tell him how great he is. Respect Roy for just retiring on the spot. Am a fan of neither university.

K is going to do a farewell tour so everybody will have a chance to tell him how great he is. Respect Roy for just retiring on the spot. Am a fan of neither university.

To be fair, he is the GOAT. Nothing wrong with taking a victory lap, if he so chooses and his employer approves. Many people would be disappointed if they weren't given the chance to acknowledge his career, thank him for his contributions to the sport and say goodbye.

Grew up favoring Duke, but have really grown to like Roy Williams. Duke has lost favor to me, and now I prefer UNC.

At least UNC went with some diversity for their hire. Looks like Duke is just going with another white guy. Privilege abounds up there. Lame.
Why does it always have to be about race? Can’t be that Coach K groomed this guy to take over. Always making everything controversial

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT