ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fictional Death That Shook You Up Most

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
*** Spoiler Alert ***

I saw this topic on Twitter and thought we’d get some good replies here. What fictional character’s death affected you the most?

I’ll have to think about it some before posting mine. I know of one that freaked me out as a kid and impacted my childhood, but not sure I consider it the hardest one to get over.

Anyway, let’s hear it.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

This is the death I was referring to about impacting my childhood. Artex from The Neverending Story...I was freaked out by quick sand and was literally afraid every day that my mom or dad might step in some and die.

But I know there are others...still pondering.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockal
tumblr_mbllwmB6Lo1qbsn8ko4_400-1419974840.gif

I guess I gotta say this one wrecks me the most. Ellie from Up. The entire montage kills me. I know the movie is decent, and this pretty much sets up the entire premise, but I can’t bring myself to watch it again. I just feel sorry for the old man and the fact she died before doing all the things she was so passionate about...ugh. I remember taking a date to this movie and doing everything possible not to cry my eyes out. I know it’s another children’s movie, but my goodness...

Luke Skywalker,I walked out of that theater so dejected..I refuse to watch it again..

That one shocked me a bit. I wasn’t emotional but just kind of shocked. I thought he was amazing in the film too. Of course we’ll still see him in Episode IX.

Glen's over-the-top brutal death in The Walking Dead. Sort of lost interest in the show after that. Just too brutal!

Show was going way downhill before that. I think that whole thing ran off many viewers.

Mel Gibson at the end of Braveheart.

That and the episode of TWD with Abe and Glenn getting their skulls bashed was pretty shocking.

Reactions: Sensible Rooster
More recent but they freaked me out...

Glenn, The Walking Dead
Opie, Sons Of Anarchy

Reactions: Bclc829
Opie and Jackson on Sons of Anarchy. Loved those characters. Come to think of it, Tara was shocking as hell.

Darth Vader

Quint in Jaws
With you on Opie, but I was actually rooting for Jax to die. He'd gone too far to be a sympathetic character.
Since you brought up SOA, and this actor doubled in SOA and The Shield...Curtis Lemansky!
latest

Glen's over-the-top brutal death in The Walking Dead. Sort of lost interest in the show after that. Just too brutal!
Used to be a fan of the show too. It really ent downhill after that episode. Haven't watched in a while but tuned in to one the other day. OMG, it is beyond stupid now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT