ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fictional Death That Shook You Up Most

wtf, no one said Johnny yet?
giphy.gif
Who's Johnny. Seriously, I don't know.

JMO they need to end this show (TWD). Keeps repeating. I got bored and stopped watching this year.
I've been waiting for the Whisper's. I got to see Opie from SOA be a evil character like Beta. The show is more for the people that read the Comic's and books now.

Beth Greene in The Walking Dead. Was shocked and am still pissed at how the showrunners decided to off her after spending several episodes developing her character into someone finally worth rooting for. Stupid, pointless death. The actress who played her was shocked and upset at how they ended her arc as well.
220px-504_Bef_Gren_5.png

Another John Wayne movie that had a pretty shocking death was the Green Berets when the character who had befriended the little Vietnamese boy got impaled by the booby trap (of course). Nowadays you can almost predict those things happening, kind of like cop who is a week from retiring or the Red shirted away team member in the old Star Trek

3 pages deep and no one has mentioned Mickey from the Rocky series? Shameful!

A close second is Tom Hanks character in Saving Private Ryan.
The death of Rocky is fast approaching. Possibly in the next Creed movie. That one will hit a ton of people hard. Philly might burn when that happens.

Reactions: king ward
*** Spoiler Alert ***

I saw this topic on Twitter and thought we’d get some good replies here. What fictional character’s death affected you the most?

I’ll have to think about it some before posting mine. I know of one that freaked me out as a kid and impacted my childhood, but not sure I consider it the hardest one to get over.

Anyway, let’s hear it.
The character DiCaprio played in titanic

Beth Greene in The Walking Dead. Was shocked and am still pissed at how the showrunners decided to off her after spending several episodes developing her character into someone finally worth rooting for. Stupid, pointless death. The actress who played her was shocked and upset at how they ended her arc as well.
220px-504_Bef_Gren_5.png
It's supposed to get to your guts.

I've hated Berenger since I saw that.
Interesting you would say that, as much as I could say Dafoe's Elias is one of my favorite characters of all time, you could easily say Berenger out acted him! And as both actors have played good guys and heavies, I could see them switching characters and making it work! That scar on Berenger's face and the way he smoked a cigarette pulled it off for me, he didn't even have to say a line!

With you on Opie, but I was actually rooting for Jax to die. He'd gone too far to be a sympathetic character.
Since you brought up SOA, and this actor doubled in SOA and The Shield...Curtis Lemansky!
latest
I liked the scene and the song played to end the show. Perfect ending for SOA. Modern day Shakespeare tragedy.

You beat me to it! Gus's was hard to take as well, but at least he went out on his own terms.
Jake Spoon's final scene was a good one. Gus"s line "you ride with an outlaw, you die with an outlaw, sorry you crossed the line" was classic before they lined them up and hung them.

Sounds like many on here would agree that Lonesome Dove was one of the best books and mini series ever created

Reactions: 85alum#
*** Spoiler Alert ***

I saw this topic on Twitter and thought we’d get some good replies here. What fictional character’s death affected you the most?

I’ll have to think about it some before posting mine. I know of one that freaked me out as a kid and impacted my childhood, but not sure I consider it the hardest one to get over.

Anyway, let’s hear it.

I don’t even remember her name, but she was the wife of Brad Pitt in the movie Seven. The villain cut her head off and sent it to Pitt in a box. That movie is a movie I’ll never watch again it disturbed me so much.

Interesting you would say that, as much as I could say Dafoe's Elias is one of my favorite characters of all time, you could easily say Berenger out acted him! And as both actors have played good guys and heavies, I could see them switching characters and making it work! That scar on Berenger's face and the way he smoked a cigarette pulled it off for me, he didn't even have to say a line!
Probably Berenger's best role from an acting standpoint.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Sounds like many on here would agree that Lonesome Dove was one of the best books and mini series ever created
Absolutely. The book is just incredible. Probably my favorite work of fiction. They really caught lightning in a bottle with the mini series with such great casting. It would be interesting to see what they could have done with the mini series today with the streaming services or HBO. By no means am I suggesting they make a remake. But it would have been great if the producers had not had to fight the network the whole way to just to get 4 episodes (the network wanted 2). Nowadays, you could envision Netflix or HBO letting the mini series extend to 10 or 12 hours to incorporate more of the book.
Having said that, its still probably the best western film ever.

Absolutely. The book is just incredible. Probably my favorite work of fiction. They really caught lightning in a bottle with the mini series with such great casting. It would be interesting to see what they could have done with the mini series today with the streaming services or HBO. By no means am I suggesting they make a remake. But it would have been great if the producers had not had to fight the network the whole way to just to get 4 episodes (the network wanted 2). Nowadays, you could envision Netflix or HBO letting the mini series extend to 10 or 12 hours to incorporate more of the book.
I'm glad you didn't suggest a remake. The people who made it the first time are too old to reprise their roles and no cast could ever do that story justice to the extent that cast did. They were sublime.

That is high praise indeed! I am a huge western fan and admit I never started it from the beginning, just never could get into it at the places I started at! Guess I need to read the book first, maybe that would get me going!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT