ADVERTISEMENT

Ot-fleetwood mac

It will be weird without him but I will say they picked a perfect replacement in Mike Campbell from the Heartbreakers . Vocally it will be very different but Mike’s guitar style fits perfectly . He’s a beast .

Started to go but wimped out. Saw them in their prime at good ol' Carolina Coliseum - ? 1975 or so. Did anyone else go? Of course, I remember nothing about the concert, I just know I was there. I`m sure I will regret not going tonight.

Mike Campbell plays the guitar in Boys of Summer by Don Henley....one of my all time faves.

Mike is without a doubt one of the most underrated guitarist of all time . He’s just such a tasteful player . Never does anything crazy , just finds the perfect part for the song . Didn’t know he played on Boys of Summer, that’s awesome .

Reactions: stevestrat2
During the late 1970's, Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles were friendly rivals, and Don Henley and Stevie Nicks had a brief fling. Matter of fact, "The Long Run" (song, not album) was referring to Nicks as the girl who was so frustrating to Henley.

Reactions: redrogers
Great show. I was a bit disappointed that i didnt hear every song i wanted to but the show would have gone on all night if they played everything. Stevie still has some pep in her step to be 70. Mick is still a kid at heart with seemingly boundless energy.
Good to reminisce.

I saw Stevie Nicks in the 80's. Remember when you could buy tickets at Taylor Street Pharmacy? She wasn't really anything special on her own.

Thoroughly enjoyed the show. Was hesitant without LBuckingham, but it was worth it. (I’m a big Buckingham fan going back to the 70s.

This is what my 13 yr old wanted for Christmas, and LBs absence was a big debate for him as well.

We both agreed it was good show.
Even enjoyed the crowded house song.

One of the surprise highlight was the cover of Free Falling.

Good crowd. Good show. Would do it again.

Mike is without a doubt one of the most underrated guitarist of all time . He’s just such a tasteful player . Never does anything crazy , just finds the perfect part for the song . Didn’t know he played on Boys of Summer, that’s awesome .
Ok, so here is a subject I can speak to. Great points on Mike Campbell, aka my favorite guitar player. Totally underrated. Oddly enough I have always felt the same about Lindsey Buckingham being underrated. Mike C. got to show off a little bit more in the MOJO album. Check this clip out- classic Mike Campbell. Picks up a slide & plays with it a while at about the 1:55 mark, and later they break it down around the 2:35 mark and Mike goes off.

I saw Stevie Nicks in the 80's. Remember when you could buy tickets at Taylor Street Pharmacy? She wasn't really anything special on her own.
It might have had more to do with her being trashed and barely able to stand up, as I remember the set was fairly short!

Ok, so here is a subject I can speak to. Great points on Mike Campbell, aka my favorite guitar player. Totally underrated. Oddly enough I have always felt the same about Lindsey Buckingham being underrated. Mike C. got to show off a little bit more in the MOJO album. Check this clip out- classic Mike Campbell. Picks up a slide & plays with it a while at about the 1:55 mark, and later they break it down around the 2:35 mark and Mike goes off.

Good one Steve, can't believe I haven't seen that one. You know what album that's on?

Thoroughly enjoyed the show. Was hesitant without LBuckingham, but it was worth it. (I’m a big Buckingham fan going back to the 70s.

This is what my 13 yr old wanted for Christmas, and LBs absence was a big debate for him as well.

We both agreed it was good show.
Even enjoyed the crowded house song.

One of the surprise highlight was the cover of Free Falling.

Good crowd. Good show. Would do it again.

I like his solo show better anyway, it’s cheap and you can pay a little more for a meet and greet. This tour he had a full rock band. Last time it was just Buckingham on acoustic, which he can make sound like two guitars.

During the late 1970's, Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles were friendly rivals, and Don Henley and Stevie Nicks had a brief fling. Matter of fact, "The Long Run" (song, not album) was referring to Nicks as the girl who was so frustrating to Henley.

In a short span in maybe 1980, the paramedics were called to Henley’s house twice for teenage prostitutes who had overdosed. One was 15, one was 16.

WOW !!! That was wild . Yeah I think Mike C and Gary Moore are the two most underrated players of all time . Can’t get enough of both of them . I got to see Eric Johnson for the first time live a few months ago . Had front row seats and it was Mindblowing . Always say that Jeff Beck was the best I ever saw live when we was touring with Vinny C, and Tal but EJ was a close second !! Both those guys make me wanna go home and throw all my guitars away (which would make my wife extremely happy).

Only time I got to see them live was at Charlie B's Ranch Arena not far from where I-85 crosses over into Georgia. Middle of a cow pasture with huge, diesel-powered generators. Before Buckingham & Nicks joined. The late Bob Welch was lead guitarist. Mick Fleetwood played a LONG drum solo. Just past dusk, it had started to rain, & one the generators powering the lights had gone out leaving some partial illumination of the back of the stage. A surreal experience at age 12 that has stuck with one now (almost) 59!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT