ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Golf swing instructors on YouTube

What I need is a simulator or a program at Top Golf where I could hit 18 tee shots (with the par threes at the end), then all my second shots, then third, putts, etc. It wouldn’t be as fun, but I know it would help my score.

I played yesterday and struggled on the front 9 trying to implement what I had practiced earlier in the week. It wasn't working consistently for me. One good shot followed by a bad shot.

On #11, I pulled my tee shot left just off the fairway. My right hand was stinging badly from poor ball contact. On the next shot I relaxed my grip pressure - especially with my right hand cuz it was still stinging - and I hit a really nice iron shot. Good contact.

Bingo!

The rest of the round I played with very light grip pressure with my right hand and played much better. I "think" that is why I have been hitting behind the ball. I wasn't swaying or twisting as much as I thought.

Reactions: Jbouton2
I have played 2-4 times a week for 40 years. Lessons and practice are overrated. Never had a lesson, haven't practiced in 30 years. Get a lot more bets and you will learn to play better. Play with good golfers with smooth swings. The golf swing is all about repetition, rhythm and tempo. Scratch to 3 handicapper for years.

I played yesterday and struggled on the front 9 trying to implement what I had practiced earlier in the week. It wasn't working consistently for me. One good shot followed by a bad shot.

On #11, I pulled my tee shot left just off the fairway. My right hand was stinging badly from poor ball contact. On the next shot I relaxed my grip pressure - especially with my right hand cuz it was still stinging - and I hit a really nice iron shot. Good contact.

Bingo!

The rest of the round I played with very light grip pressure with my right hand and played much better. I "think" that is why I have been hitting behind the ball. I wasn't swaying or twisting as much as I thought.
As I turned 50 a few months ago,it’s hard to let go.I can’t hit my 8I 150 no more,it’s more like 130 or so.I’ve lost a good 30yds off my drive as well.(Bad back,flexibility,I cant get past the 9oclock position).I used to and still do at times watch way to many videos on the swing and like a dummy,I’ll go out and try stuff during my rd to see if it works.sometimes it does ,sometimes it doesn’t.I’m a notorious toe hitter and it costs me a good 10yds off my shot when it happens.I play my best when I stop my swing just as I reach 9 o’clock.Takes all the tension out,I don’t early extend.Talking about tension in the hands,I broke my wrist about 7 years ago,had a plate and 7 screws put in.I was out of golf for 4 months.when I was cleared to play again,I could hardly hold onto the club.But for that short time till I got my strength back,I hit the best I’ve ever have. Like they say,it’s all about tension.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT