ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Harbison is an absolute nightmare...

cocky2atee

Sep 13, 2006
10 times worse than Christmas traffic the last few weekends. Sucks living over here now

10 times worse than Christmas traffic the last few weekends. Sucks living over here now
Try driving down 378 in Lexington. Or Two Notch between 77 and Clemson road. Or I-20 any time. It's high time a metro area of a million people got real roads and highways.

Reactions: CAIN#

And gregg replied...

Try driving down 378 in Lexington. Or Two Notch between 77 and Clemson road. Or I-20 any time. It's high time a metro area of a million people got real roads and highways.

Ladies, y'all got it made - TRUST ME!!

If ya don't believe me, then by all means come on up to Charlotte Monday morning via I-77 North. Make sure you hit Rock Hill say between 7:30 and 8:00, and ease on up 77 towards the Queen City. Lets say you're right at the Cherry Road exit at 7:30am. No earlier than 8:00am, you'll be at Exit 88 (Hwy 460), approximately 8 miles up I-77 from Cherry Road. It'll all be good so just be prepped to chill. Since your target address is (just for the sake of argument here) Bank America Stadium, you only have a mere 14 miles to go and you're home free! Again, just be ready to chill, 'cause it'll take you approximately 45 minutes to make it!! And that by no means includes any additional addresses that you could possibly have to visit for your professional responsibilities, exits anywhere further up 77 northbound, or ANYWHERE on I-85 within the I-485 perimeter, or anywhere around the entire perimeter of I-485 anytime between 7:00 am and 9:30 am!!! Traffic in Charlotte, especially in the morning and afternoon hours is an ABSOLUTE Feather Mucker!!! Charlotte has become a mini Atlanta - only it's EASIER to get around Atlanta than it is Charlotte!!. Driving here in the morning and afternoon (i.e. to and from work) is a nightmare gone bad. Traffic in general is bad here, so bad that in fact there was a 15 minute traffic jam on I-77 TODAY!! From the Nations Ford exit on I-77 to the Wilkinson Blvd/I-285 exit was a simple, yet packed, 30-35 MPH cruise for 6 1/2 miles on a SATURDAY afternoon!! And that's just typical weekend traffic here - Gawd forbid you have to drive anywhere around Charlotte when there's a Coca-Cola 500 race!!

Like I said, y'all got it made!! Don't believe me?? Then feel free to ask anyone else that resides up this way or in the Rock Hill/Fort Mill areas!! Harbinson is easy cheezy ladies - y'all got it made in comparison to other places by far!!!

I'm thru now, my rant is complete. In fact, I thank you for the opportunity! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Major highway construction around malfunction junction should begin within the next two years. Will take 5-7 years to complete

And gregg replied...

Ladies, y'all got it made - TRUST ME!!

If ya don't believe me, then by all means come on up to Charlotte Monday morning via I-77 North. Make sure you hit Rock Hill say between 7:30 and 8:00, and ease on up 77 towards the Queen City. Lets say you're right at the Cherry Road exit at 7:30am. No earlier than 8:00am, you'll be at Exit 88 (Hwy 460), approximately 8 miles up I-77 from Cherry Road. It'll all be good so just be prepped to chill. Since your target address is (just for the sake of argument here) Bank America Stadium, you only have a mere 14 miles to go and you're home free! Again, just be ready to chill, 'cause it'll take you approximately 45 minutes to make it!! And that by no means includes any additional addresses that you could possibly have to visit for your professional responsibilities, exits anywhere further up 77 northbound, or ANYWHERE on I-85 within the I-485 perimeter, or anywhere around the entire perimeter of I-485 anytime between 7:00 am and 9:30 am!!! Traffic in Charlotte, especially in the morning and afternoon hours is an ABSOLUTE Feather Mucker!!! Charlotte has become a mini Atlanta - only it's EASIER to get around Atlanta than it is Charlotte!!. Driving here in the morning and afternoon (i.e. to and from work) is a nightmare gone bad. Traffic in general is bad here, so bad that in fact there was a 15 minute traffic jam on I-77 TODAY!! From the Nations Ford exit on I-77 to the Wilkinson Blvd/I-285 exit was a simple, yet packed, 30-35 MPH cruise for 6 1/2 miles on a SATURDAY afternoon!! And that's just typical weekend traffic here - Gawd forbid you have to drive anywhere around Charlotte when there's a Coca-Cola 500 race!!

Like I said, y'all got it made!! Don't believe me?? Then feel free to ask anyone else that resides up this way or in the Rock Hill/Fort Mill areas!! Harbinson is easy cheezy ladies - y'all got it made in comparison to other places by far!!!

I'm thru now, my rant is complete. In fact, I thank you for the opportunity! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A 15 min traffic jam? You poor thing. So glad you survived.

Major highway construction around malfunction junction should begin within the next two years. Will take 5-7 years to complete
Yep, gonna be a nightmare. And JFTR, that area from Harbisson all the way to Huger is pretty much the same as say between Cherry Road and Carowinds Blvd on any given weekday morning or afternoon.

A 15 min traffic jam? You poor thing. So glad you survived.
15 minutes??? You've concluded that I was beotching about a mere 15 minute delay there within the very statement that you referenced huh?? Sorry for the confusion there on your part.

15 minutes??? You've concluded that I was beotching about a mere 15 minute delay there within the very statement that you referenced huh?? Sorry for the confusion there on your part.

You said it. Not me. With emphasis too, including all caps and two exclamation points. So it is reasonable to conclude that 15 min really bothered you.

"Traffic in general is bad here, so bad that in fact there was a 15 minute traffic jam on I-77 TODAY!!"

I live near Lake Murray Blvd., you generally avoid Harbison on the weekends unless you HAVE to go to the mall.

Still, I love living out this way. In my opinion it beats Lexington and Columbia by far.

I've driven that Charlotte route. It sucks. But I drive from Irmo to the east side of cola everyday and back. If I leave by 7 I'm good going. It's a 19 mile 35 minute drive.
If I leave at 7:15 it's a 40 min drive. Leave by 7:25 and its 50 minutes.

Today on Harrison was insane. Frankly it wasn't 15 minutes. We spent 10 minutes getting from the mall exit to 1 block from the mall and finally cut off into a neighborhood to escape from columbiana dr. It was backed up trying to get too harbison. I figure had we stayed that path it was a 30 minute wait. Harbison isn't even that long to justify that. It's like 3 miles or less.

I have no idea what was the deal. And what in the world do people need from the awful mall in March. That place backs up to the interstate with two exits. I feel like I'm trapped and suffocating when I'm in there and it's lined up to leave. We bought nothing and only went to try on a pair of shoes that kohls can't trouble themselves to carry in store.

You said it. Not me. With emphasis too, including all caps and two exclamation points. So it is reasonable to conclude that 15 min really bothered you.

"Traffic in general is bad here, so bad that in fact there was a 15 minute traffic jam on I-77 TODAY!!"
I did didn't I!! My bad amigo, my bad - I thought you were referencing my point in general, but hey, no biggy, no biggy - I'm the DA in this "discussion", and I retract my initial reply to you, albeit verbally, I mean I aint gonna delete that actual post!! And look, it's Saturday night and I am not absolutely sober at the moment. =;-p

Last edited:
Reactions: wood90
There are an average of 240 wrecks per day in Atlanta. Think about that. One wreck every 6 minutes.

I did didn't I!! My bad amigo, my bad - I thought you were referencing my point in general, but hey, no biggy, no biggy - I'm the DA in this "discussion", and I retract my initial reply to you, albeit verbally, I mean I gonna delete that actual post!! And look, it's Saturday night and I am not absolutely sober at the moment. =;-p

It's all good, brother. Hang in their a few years and autonomous cars will solve our traffic woes.

It's all good, brother. Hang in their a few years and autonomous cars will solve our traffic woes.
Which begs the question (and no, I've never been arrested for such) as to how they'll address a DUI then. I have no idea as to exactly how this concept will fall into place in general, but here's the basic definition of an "Autonomous" car: An autonomous car is a vehicle that can guide itself without human conduction. This kind of vehicle has become a concrete reality and may pave the way for future systems where computers take over the art of driving. An autonomous car is also known as a driverless car, robot car, self-driving car or autonomous vehicle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT