ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I knew this was coming, why such is a certainty...

Amazon already Adding taxes, at least to My orders

This^^^^

Other online companies like Wayfair and Overstock.com will be hurt by this..

I don't mind paying sales tax on like as long as it goes to right pocket....

Small business had to pay online taxes and it makes the playing field fair now against companies like Wayfair and Overstock.com.

At least Amazon has been doing the right thing by charging taxes in the last several years...

Reactions: Cybercock
The gas taxes alone should/could pay for roads and bridges. You'd be surprised how much tax you pay on a gallon of gas. Something like $.65 federal and state combined, if not more.

I remember the Penny tax for Education under Dick Riley, the local Penny tax for hotel and tourism under Richland County and other local counties... And now the Penny Tax for the roads and Bridges under Haley or McMasters...

Where is the money???

Reactions: 92Pony and jonesz21
I remember the Penny tax for Education under Dick Riley, the local Penny tax for hotel and tourism under Richland County and other local counties... And now the Penny Tax for the roads and Bridges under Haley or McMasters...

Where is the money???

It’s probably like the lottery money.
Here’s a breakdown on how each dollar spent on the state education lottery is being used by South Carolina. According to the latest figures from the South Carolina Education Lottery website, 66 cents of each dollar goes to pay out the winners.

The stores that sold the winning ticket gets about 7 cents commission.

After paying lottery employees to run the games and oversee the operations and advertising worth 2 cents worth of the dollar, it leaves about a quarter left to actually be spent on education.

20 cents of the education funding goes to higher education, libraries, scholarships and other programs. Roughly four pennies of that dollar makes its way down to the local classroom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT