ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Justin Thomas caught using the f-word on live tv

Only a certain type of person gets upset at that word. It wasn't who he was referring to either. Pretty funny and normal. Usually it's "son of a whore" for me.

Hot mics are everywhere nowadays. And during covid there's no crowd noise. Time to find another 'yip' word.

What did he actually say? That link started blah, blah, blahing on me. I just wanted to see the actual quote.

That's a good question. If a word is uttered in a vacuum, is it still offensive? Knowing that people OFTEN curse on a golf course and in the sporting arena, perhaps the misjudgment here is on the part of the broadcast team that has microphones everywhere.

Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying it's a nice word, but it's very different from hurling that word at someone as an insult. He just randomly uttered the word while alone on the putting green. Of course, I understand the implication is that if he uttered the word out of frustration on the putting green then it means he must use the word casually on a regular basis, most likely in it's usual context. That's a leap though.

Reactions: paladin181
I absolutely have but at no point have I ever heard someone say that as just an expression of frustration. I just think it’s really a bizarre thing to yell period.
Agree....pretty much every other word that George Carlen said was off-limits, but never had a reason to use that one. Can't even think of a situation where I would TBH.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Jesus. I think the media would go into full apoplexy after 10 minutes in a shop on board a Navy vessel. Holy cow. I've said and heard far worse from much prettier lips than that (yeah, we had women on board our ship). This is so bad it's funny. He didn't CALL someone that, he said it in frustration. It's a swear word... Next it will be a public detriment to think bad thoughts unless you're talking about straight white crackers.

Jesus. I think the media would go into full apoplexy after 10 minutes in a shop on board a Navy vessel. Holy cow. I've said and heard far worse from much prettier lips than that (yeah, we had women on board our ship). This is so bad it's funny. He didn't CALL someone that, he said it in frustration. It's a swear word... Next it will be a public detriment to think bad thoughts unless you're talking about straight white crackers.
This is the new Fundamentally Changed America we now live in!! Land of the offended....

While I agree....even I said WT eFF, when I heard it. Yes, it is a swear word, but it isn't one that I would think most people would use under the circumstances. It was just a weird choice of swear words.

While I agree....even I said WT eFF, when I heard it. Yes, it is a swear word, but it isn't one that I would think most people would use under the circumstances. It was just a weird choice of swear words.
So he should be villified and made a public spectacle because he swears differently than you do?

• Haha
Reactions: cockofdawn
So he should be villified and made a public spectacle because he swears differently than you do?
Never said that....just said it was an odd choice of swear words.....at least outside of a HS locker room, which is probably the last time I had heard it used.

It's really about conformity of thought. Since he used that word, assumptions will be made about how he feels/believes, and that assumed behavior is not in line with what we're told is acceptable.

It's really about conformity of thought. Since he used that word, assumptions will be made about how he feels/believes, and that assumed behavior is not in line with what we're told is acceptable.
Yeah, sorry. Until he is calling out specific people or groups of people that's a total line of BS. And yeah I know that's your point, or at least I HOPE it's your point. It just miffs me and terrifies me at the state of our freedom and democracy.

After all, that's how freedom dies, to the sound of thunderous applause.

Reactions: rogue cock
Yeah, sorry. Until he is calling out specific people or groups of people that's a total line of BS. And yeah I know that's your point, or at least I HOPE it's your point. It just miffs me and terrifies me at the state of our freedom and democracy.

After all, that's how freedom dies, to the sound of thunderous applause.

Yes, we are in agreement here.

Reactions: rogue cock
Do we live in a communist country now where freedom of speech is no longer allowed? Is it only freedom of speech that doesn’t offend?
No. You can say pretty much what you want. There is no prior restraint. Just realize that when you do say something, others have the same right to criticize it. That is free speech. The right to speak does not come with the right to not be criticized for speaking.

When I was young, if I said any curse word I had a bar of lye soap stuck in my mouth. Don't think the free speech argument would have worked there either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT