ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Michelle Childs - USC grad

The quote was.....that was where I copied it from....but the context of the quote was not included. Quotes without context as to what the writer or speaker was referring to mean little....people like to apply quotes to situations for which the writer/speaker did not intend it to be.
Well, I guess you got me on that.

But militias were made up of ordinary citizens and needed their own firearms. That's why "the right of the PEOPLE to KEEP and bare arms SHALL NOT be infringed."

Except even Scalia acknowledged the rights can be infringed. There is a reason for that…

Not that strange. Most moderate Democrats are disgusted with this adminstration. I wasn't a big Trump fan either but these people are in a class by themselves.

I was more disgusted with the last administration.

But I don't consider myself a fan of any administration.

Shall not is not may not. Shall not means they can't. Unless convicted of a felony. Yes, one can lose a lot of rights for that. Like the right to vote.

The court has been clear that states can set limits on where people can take guns, and in some cases who can have guns.

Every right has limits. Guns are not some magical thing that exists outside of responsibilities and the law.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT