ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Natural Phenomenon On My Property

Aug 25, 2017
Afternoon Folks.

Very strange situation going on here in Santee. I was out walking the property last week, and I stumbled upon what appeared to be an old water well that had gotten covered by kudzu. The next day, My grandson and I got to work tearing the kudzu away and making it so we could further inspect this great discovery. The pulley system was still intact, and there was weight when retrieving the bucket from the well. We were upset at first, because the liquid in the bucket was a brownish orange, but my grandson decided to take a sip, and when he did his face lit up. Turns out the liquid was sweet tea! We had the local geologist do some soil samples and science stuff with the tea just to make sure we weren't crazy. Results came back yesterday and it turns out this phenomenon happens when there is chemical combination of Lake Marion well water and the old pine roots on our property.

The geologist hadn't seen this in quite some time, but he assured us that we'd have clean drinking tea for as long as the water and the roots were there. If you're ever in the area stop by because I have sweet tea by the boat load. I've put a big sign out front of my house "Home of the sweet tea well", so you know when you're at my home!

Go Cocks!

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Did the geologist taste the tea first? Is it like a Mickey D's blend or Bojangles taste? I'd probably run it through a purifier before drinking it regardless. Good luck!

Reactions: DC-99
I'm glad someone in Santee has some decent sweet tea because none of the restaurants do! Even Cracker Barrel's is awful.

Reactions: SwampFox99
toastaddiction-profile_image-e72744d3471aef51-300x300.jpeg

The reincarnation of Walter White doing his work in Santee...or maybe Jesse's in town

When i think the posters on this board cant get any dumber damn if they dont surprise me everyday. Im a sports nut and read all kinds of forums and never see this dumb shit elsewhere. Maybe they actually use small talk forums.

Afternoon Folks.

Very strange situation going on here in Santee. I was out walking the property last week, and I stumbled upon what appeared to be an old water well that had gotten covered by kudzu. The next day, My grandson and I got to work tearing the kudzu away and making it so we could further inspect this great discovery. The pulley system was still intact, and there was weight when retrieving the bucket from the well. We were upset at first, because the liquid in the bucket was a brownish orange, but my grandson decided to take a sip, and when he did his face lit up. Turns out the liquid was sweet tea! We had the local geologist do some soil samples and science stuff with the tea just to make sure we weren't crazy. Results came back yesterday and it turns out this phenomenon happens when there is chemical combination of Lake Marion well water and the old pine roots on our property.

The geologist hadn't seen this in quite some time, but he assured us that we'd have clean drinking tea for as long as the water and the roots were there. If you're ever in the area stop by because I have sweet tea by the boat load. I've put a big sign out front of my house "Home of the sweet tea well", so you know when you're at my home!

Go Cocks!

There are a number of sinkholes and caverns in the soft limestone under Santee. Water moves through them, and the water mixed with organic material might render the tea color. As for sweet... sugar is not a substance which naturally occurs in the substratum

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT