ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Parking for bowl game

jonesz21

Aug 9, 2005
where to park? Should I get pass ahead of time? Never been to Charlotte. Have daughter with disability and don’t want a long walk to stadium. Rather pay more. Whats best option.

It's my first time going to a game in Charlotte too. I don't even think you can buy parking through the Gamecock Club, I think I saw something about parking on the Belk Bowl page. Go to the Belk Bowl site and then click on game day. I have a friend that goes to Panthers games and he said they do the paid parking like they do at USC games, starts at like $10(which is a hike and a half according to him) and goes up.

I live here. (Charlotte) My insider advice to you guys is to come up 77 and take 485 towards Pineville. Take the South Blvd exit and turn left, heading north into downtown. There's a light rail station pretty much right there that you can park in and take the light rail train all the way to Stonewall station. Get off there, walk 3 blocks and you're there.

I think the whole deal costs around $4. Round trip. Locals swear by it. Here's a link for you guys to check out. Link
I've ridden it once to a Bobcats game downtown and back. Very clean and they keep it up nice.

If I go to the game, this is definitely how I will get there. I may use a slightly closer station to my home, but the route is the same.

where to park? Should I get pass ahead of time? Never been to Charlotte. Have daughter with disability and don’t want a long walk to stadium. Rather pay more. Whats best option.
There is a "Parking Deck" right at the stadium.. Not gooe for tailgating, but very close.. That is one of the issues for Carolina Panthers fans, no Large parking area, All little small privately owned parking.. You can go to John Belk Freeway, Exit go east twoards stadium, Get off at First exit, Carson, then many Small lots there.. That brings you out at "mint st." which is in front of stadium..

Last edited:
Reactions: jonesz21
It's my first time going to a game in Charlotte too. I don't even think you can buy parking through the Gamecock Club, I think I saw something about parking on the Belk Bowl page. Go to the Belk Bowl site and then click on game day. I have a friend that goes to Panthers games and he said they do the paid parking like they do at USC games, starts at like $10(which is a hike and a half according to him) and goes up.
This is very general: if you want to tailgate, search parking. If you don't care to, park at the outermost ride station in Pineville and ride light rail to Stonewall. Then walk over to the stadium.

I live here. (Charlotte) My insider advice to you guys is to come up 77 and take 485 towards Pineville. Take the South Blvd exit and turn left, heading north into downtown. There's a light rail station pretty much right there that you can park in and take the light rail train all the way to Stonewall station. Get off there, walk 3 blocks and you're there.

I think the whole deal costs around $4. Round trip. Locals swear by it. Here's a link for you guys to check out. Link
I've ridden it once to a Bobcats game downtown and back. Very clean and they keep it up nice.

If I go to the game, this is definitely how I will get there. I may use a slightly closer station to my home, but the route is the same.
That's not really going to help with his daughter's disability. That's 3-4 blocks to the stadium from the train station.

Try this;
https://www.panthers.com/stadium/accessibility
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/panthers/v0aaurudh6pbod709syk.pdf
And see if they have something similiar for the football game.

Reactions: jonesz21
Take that light rail in. It's cheap and easy. If you really want to tailgate, you can ride around looking for one of those small lots that charge. Don't try to tailgate at the light rail station. They have a guard/attendant that will probably tell you to move along. And there's no restroom there. If it were me (and I'm thinking of going) I'd just show up early and pound some overpriced beers from concessions or sneak a few mini bottles and sober up during the game.

Do exactly what this poster said!! The train ride to the area close to the stadium is an easy route, and parking at the area recommended is free!

Reactions: ConKreteCock
Do exactly what this poster said!! The train ride to the area close to the stadium is an easy route, and parking at the area recommended is free!
As a Charlotte resident I second (or third) the light rail. Also works if you're coming from the north. I-85 S to Harris Blvd or I-77 S to I-485 to Hwy 29 (N. Tryon/29). JW Clay and University stations have nice, safe parking decks and you'll thank yourself for the easy exit after the game. Battling traffic after a Panthers game is brutal, far worse than anything I've experienced in Columbia.

If you choose to venture into the city there are several small surface lots and parking decks within easy walking distance.

That's not really going to help with his daughter's disability. That's 3-4 blocks to the stadium from the train station.

Try this;
https://www.panthers.com/stadium/accessibility
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/panthers/v0aaurudh6pbod709syk.pdf
And see if they have something similiar for the football game.

I respectfully disagree. I was actually thinking about his daughter's disability. The links you provided for the shuttle /s services literally say "Panther games only."

The light rail stations and the rail itself are special needs friendly. I'm sure there is going to be a shuttle or some other kind of service available but I'd be willing to bet that will be much more of a headache than simply parking FAR outside the city in a light rail sanctioned lot and jumping on the rail for $4-ish per person round trip....and having the rail drop you off at another station 3 blocks from the stadium. This way avoids ALL traffic related headaches.

I suppose it depends on the needs.

If you do not want to take the light rail advice, the best driving route I've found is as follows. Exit I-77 at Remount Rd to the right. Go a couple of blocks and turn left on South Tryon St. Follow S. Tryon all the way to West Morehead and take a left. Then take an immediate left into the parking lot. Cost is usually $30, but you are literally 2 blocks from the stadium by walking west on West Morehead. After the game exit is usually easy, just reverse your route.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT