ADVERTISEMENT

OT Pray for the people in Charleston

635702194959971394-roof.jpg

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/2015/06/18/dylann-storm-roof-charleston-sc-shooting/28917299/
The orange suits him.

And he has the right to be. It's people like you who won't do a damn thing about this terrible incident.
I am sure you can't wait for him to use this opportunity spout his anti-white rhetoric just when black and white people are coming together and holding hands getting along to just fine in the aftermath of this tragedy.

So let me see if I follow the logic, the cop in SL should have been charged with Murder , and since that did not happen (which stands to reason based on the facts) in the interim the public should burn down their neighborhood?

I replied to this post , If you read the post..he states" Huge difference between a crazy white person killing people and police doing it. I can't even believe this was brought up."

"I hope you don't think this situation is anything close to the ones around the Nation that have caused protests. Huge difference between a crazy white person killing people and police doing it. I can't even believe this was brought up.

There are some people that , just can't look at a situation through unbiased eyes. In both these two cases (Summerville and Charleston) the police response has been correct and the system , to this point, worked as designed , albeit , post -CRIME.

I am sure that we can get a nice investigation going and find someone to throw under the bus in Charleston once Al get there. Who pays Al? any idea? if he doesnt make much money, how does he owe so much in back taxes?

Wow. You are a very presumptuous and defensive person. I actually don't agree with race riots happening at all. Peacefully protesting is fine, but outright rioting is ridiculous. Of course, this situation shouldn't incite rioting or even protests because it was all because of one crazy person.

I'm actually from the Charleston area, and I am very proud of the way both of the situations you mentioned were handled. I was just pointing out that the Ferguson situation was very different than the one here, and it's easy to see why that one led to race riots (even though they weren't warranted).

Iron Wolf said it. I'm not saying Ferguson cop did anything wrong. But during the protests there were different accounts of what happened. That was my point in this. I was upset that people were using this tragic situation to be divisive.

I was just pointing out that the Ferguson situation was very different than the one here, and it's easy to see why that one led to race riots (even though they weren't warranted).

Why is the Ferguson case different than the North Charleston case?

In Ferguson, they were attempting to arrest /or detain a 300 pound guy that fit the description of a "strong armed robbery" suspect , and fought with the police? The cop , who did nothing wrong , when all was said and done, has pretty much been blacklisted as a law enforcement professional and been labeled a racist by most of the national media. Do you remember "Hand up don't shoot"?

How many times have you heard the media report that was not the case at all. Instead of trying to make a positive change in the community Rev Al and his band of professional protesters incited riots , burned the neighborhood and made things much worse. Then they leave and go to the next stop , but not until after collecting as many donations as they can for their cause , from the very people that just lost their neighborhood.

My point was not that SC was perfect, It is far from that . My point is that , in both the SC cases the races have worked together , and the last hing that is needed is for people like Al Sharpton, and if you care to look in my original post , Glenn Beck (who now has decided to anti-Sharpton protest)down their creating lighting fuses in firecracker stand.

The first amendment does not give you the right to "yell fire in a crowded movie house" ... by golly that is exactly what the rev does!

While the outcomes of the incidents are vastly different, the underlying reason for the riots is quite simple...a white person killed a black person. THAT is what caused the riots. THAT is where Charleston is being an example to the rest of the world that you do not have to resort to senseless violence and crime to get your voice heard. Those same instigators tried to come to Charleston after the Walter Scott shooting, AFTER the cop was already charged with murder, to start the same mess here. What did we tell them? You are not welcome at all! And we're showing them that again.

While the outcomes of the incidents are vastly different, the underlying reason for the riots is quite simple...a white person killed a black person. THAT is what caused the riots. THAT is where Charleston is being an example to the rest of the world that you do not have to resort to senseless violence and crime to get your voice heard. Those same instigators tried to come to Charleston after the Walter Scott shooting, AFTER the cop was already charged with murder, to start the same mess here. What did we tell them? You are not welcome at all! And we're showing them that again.

Not to mention (but I am) what happened to the trooper who shot the guy in Columbia on Broad River Road back in Jan or Feb, and the Police Chief that shot the guy in his car down in the small town below/near Orangeburg (that case is being tried again here in Columbia right now - a SLED guy, an FBI guy as-well-as another independent professional (can't think of his profession at the moment) testified that the chief was wrong in shooting the man; in my opinion, they're correct in their assessment(s).

Are we (the state of South Carolina) perfect? Nada señora, but we are Damned sure trying.

I'm proud if my home state- and I'm embarrassed about today, Susan Smith, and several other scenarios. But I can say this: we're constantly working in doing it the right way. Doing such is an ever changing scenario.

Again, perfect are we? No. Constantly trying to improve are we? In all honesty, I think so - and sure hope and pray that we proceed accordingly.

JMHOFWIW,

Anna
a/k/a: Gaimcock

Last edited:

Very well said. Not to mention that the label of "hate crime" has entered the picture, as I'm sure this has been played up all day long and will continue to be used by those who wish to race bait. Murder is murder, no matter the motivation of the individual(s).

You got problems when u bring the Clemson vs South Carolina rivalry into this tragedy.
Where are we? Is this is not a South Carolina Sports Forum? If you are going to talk about this here than hell yes this it's fair game. Besides, in this state everything involves Clemson vs USC. Chances are he is going to be representing one or the other and do want it to be your school? After Borat I think I we wouldn't recover.

No Batgirl, the reason is the insane continuance of racism accepted and carried on by whites mostly, and some blacks in SC. PERIOD! We as a white race have long held on to the crap spewed by racist families holding on to an Era that should have ended 150 or so years ago at the end of the civil war. Unfortunately, so have some blacks and their hierarchy that require entitlement perpetuated by some liberals to get elected. Pinckney was a fine man, with a good family. We in SC need to come together and abolish racism at its source. If you hear it, shout it out. If f you see it, intervene. Get our collective heads out of the sand and address it. Same goes for the black community. Stop criticizing and start talking. Stop this crap no snitch crap and help the police. If it's the Police then film it and turn them in, but if it's a thug, black or white do the same. We have lived in the past long enough. Get a job, be fair and shut up. There are more people living in poverty than anytime any of us remember. It's time to stand up as human beings. I'm sick of listening to excuses. Our state, and any sane person must understand that our country was built on reverence and equality. Stop being the status quo and saying we will overcome. Black or white, we can't without each other! This should be a tragedy that energizes us, not one that is swept from our collective conscience!!!!

Reactions: wfh975
Where are we? Is this is not a South Carolina Sports Forum? If you are going to talk about this here than hell yes this it's fair game. Besides, in this state everything involves Clemson vs USC. Chances are he is going to be representing one or the other and do want it to be your school? After Borat I think I we wouldn't recover.

Blissful U R.

Very well said. Not to mention that the label of "hate crime" has entered the picture, as I'm sure this has been played up all day long and will continue to be used by those who wish to race bait. Murder is murder, no matter the motivation of the individual(s).
I honestly believe that law enforcement labeled it a "hate crime" immediately simply to be able to employ the services of the FBI as quickly as possible to assist in investigation across state lines, which obviously helped. Also, it's not out of the realm of possibility that maybe, just maybe, LEO knew aspects, that they were not releasing to the public, that met the "hate crime" definition from the beginning.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Shut up readrooster. This better to be quiet and thought a fool,........ This is a national tragedy that needs to be discussed no matter the forum.

No Batgirl, the reason is the insane continuance of racism accepted and carried on by whites mostly, and some blacks in SC. PERIOD! We as a white race have long held on to the crap spewed by racist families holding on to an Era that should have ended 150 or so years ago at the end of the civil war. Unfortunately, so have some blacks and their hierarchy that require entitlement perpetuated by some liberals to get elected. Pinckney was a fine man, with a good family. We in SC need to come together and abolish racism at its source. If you hear it, shout it out. If f you see it, intervene. Get our collective heads out of the sand and address it. Same goes for the black community. Stop criticizing and start talking. Stop this crap no snitch crap and help the police. If it's the Police then film it and turn them in, but if it's a thug, black or white do the same. We have lived in the past long enough. Get a job, be fair and shut up. There are more people living in poverty than anytime any of us remember. It's time to stand up as human beings. I'm sick of listening to excuses. Our state, and any sane person must understand that our country was built on reverence and equality. Stop being the status quo and saying we will overcome. Black or white, we can't without each other! This should be a tragedy that energizes us, not one that is swept from our collective conscience!!!!

Perhaps you missed the point of what I was saying. We, as a community in Charleston, ARE energized by what has happened here in recent history. We ARE talking about the difficult issues. We ARE working as a community to combat the crime that is running rampant in society today. And we are trying to be the example of the proper way to move forward and show racial unity, and get rid of this plague of racism. Will it happen overnight? No. And I'm not naive to think so. But you know what...we're doing a pretty darn good job of showing everyone else how you start the movement.

Reactions: Combahee Cock
One commited murder and one defended himself..

Exactly. Why would you riot when someone who committed murder is charged with murder?

On the other hand, you could see why people would riot when someone they think committed murder isn't be charged with it. Let me say once again, the rioting was incredibly stupid. However, you would have to be pretty ignorant to not see how one situation would be much more likely to incite a riot than the other.

Why is the Ferguson case different than the North Charleston case?

1. White police officer kills black man and isn't charged with murder (rightfully so)
  2. So-called "eye witnesses" give false testimony that the officer did commit murder
It's as simple as that.

Neither imo but the difference is pretty huge. SC officer was immediately arrested and charged with murder. How do you think things would have gone without the video? No protests?
Big difference 1. A cover up was in process 2. Citizen video prevented cover up. Big difference!

Having lived there Batgirl, I have heard this same refain most of my life. I'm in my 60's. Time to shut up or do something about it. It has all gotten way out of the discussion stage. No disrespect intended. We as South Carolinians need to make the change and get real.

Last edited:
Having lived there Batgirl, I ha e heard this same remain most of my life. I'm in my 60. Time to shut up or do something about it. It has all gotten way out of the discussion stage. No disrespect intended. We as South Carolinians need to make the change and get real.
Well I live here now, and have for 12 years. We are doing something about it, but it's naive to think the change will happen overnight. It took nearly 100 years before for the first true changes to take place, so I think it's reasonable to think it may take a little bit this time around too. But you know what...I'm not going to be a pessimist. I am going to strive for change and continue to believe that the world is a good place and that the good will overcome the evil. And like it or not, the change takes place one Sandlapper at a time. And more of us are changing for the good.

Again, let Charleston be the example for the rest of SC, Nation and the world.

Thank you Batgirl

HOW does someone grow this much hatred in his heart? HOW does this happen in only 21 years?? I teach kids not much younger than this, could have taught a kid like this. I am just stunned still that this happened but more that it happened in a place of peace, trust, and serenity. And in my favorite city in the world. Dear Lord, help your people....

HOW does someone grow this much hatred in his heart? HOW does this happen in only 21 years?? I teach kids not much younger than this, could have taught a kid like this. I am just stunned still that this happened but more that it happened in a place of peace, trust, and serenity. And in my favorite city in the world. Dear Lord, help your people....

Evil..

Chick, you are from the Camden area right? Look to the railroad tracks and let me know what you see. Racism, both black and white, professional or not, educated or not and liberal or conservative or not is prevalent and a way of life in SC. That being said, again, both factions need to stop discussing and actually do something about it. JMO

My heart aches for the families of the victims and the city of Charleston and the state of SC, may God be with them. I hate this tragedy happened period but I especially hate it happened in SC.

tragic, senseless act by another "gifted" millennial

no riots

no CVS burnings

the leadership of every facet of this community has responded in an exemplary fashion

Baltimore, Ferguson, etc., etc., might learn a thing or two about political leadership

this is a terribly sad time for our nation

blessings to the victims' families

Chick, you are from the Camden area right? Look to the railroad tracks and let me know what you see. Racism, both black and white, professional or not, educated or not and liberal or conservative or not is prevalent and a way of life in SC. That being said, again, both factions need to stop discussing and actually do something about it. JMO
Not sure what you mean about the railroad tracks, but, yes, I see it. Have for years. Decades. The overt and not so overt. Not sure why my post generated this one from you. I consider myself one of the good guys. Or at least I try to be.

You are one of the good guys chick. You got it right. The overt and not so overt. Not meant as a slight to you. My parents and I lived there for years.

Do you know there's a Biblical difference between murder and capital punishment?

Ok. Whenever you suspect someone of wronging you, just go kill them.

(this isn't how america works), though for some reason conservatives have a weird bloodthirst.

tragic, senseless act by another "gifted" millennial

no riots

no CVS burnings

the leadership of every facet of this community has responded in an exemplary fashion

Baltimore, Ferguson, etc., etc., might learn a thing or two about political leadership

this is a terribly sad time for our nation

blessings to the victims' families

Big difference between these situations. Cops didn't murder a black youth and get away with it. Conflating the two is stupid and makes you stupid for trying to compare them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT