ADVERTISEMENT

OT- restaurants- sumthin new worth trying in cola?

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
Anybody have a good suggestion? We r going out tonight, cannot think of a good place to go. I live in the NE but would travel downtown if it is worth it.

Those are both chain restaurants, go to something local. Try Bourbon on Main just north of Gervais, Baan Sawan in Five Points or M Grille in the Vista.

Originally posted by cockhornleghorn:
Those are both chain restaurants, go to something local. Try Bourbon on Main just north of Gervais, Baan Sawan in Five Points or M Grille in the Vista.
Doesn't mean that it isn't good.

M grill is good-,just confusing as hell- there are maybe 3 of them- my fav is the one with the pronminent bar- mmaybe Lady Street? I would also recommend Thirsty Fellow

Originally posted by stevestrat2:
M grill is good-,just confusing as hell- there are maybe 3 of them- my fav is the one with the pronminent bar- mmaybe Lady Street? I would also recommend Thirsty Fellow
Thirsty Fellow is great. The pizza and wings are top notch.

Originally posted by world famous 3rd base hecklers:
I drove by Twin Peaks in the vista.. Is that a restaurant or bar?
Sounds like a strip club...they say they are a sports bar with food..and enticing servers...

I thank you all for the suggestions- I was going out with my wife, 2 yo girl and 11 yo girl, so they were not really feeling the titty bar atmosphere, I'll have too go with my buddies one day!

We settled on pasta Fresca- an old favorite of mine! I use to go back when it was farther up forest back in towards town all the Time! The Paglio fiend was my favorite dish there... Tried Seafood Santa Fe last nigtpht and BOY WAS IT SPICEY- damn good too though. The new place he is in is really nice, but the price shot up when he got there of course! Great spot though, and one I never think of any more when I am going out to eat... If you haven't been ya'll need to go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT