ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Scented Candles

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Go ahead. Laugh at me. I don’t care. Anyone willing to admit any good scented candles to purchase online?

I love the Yankee Candle scents and strength, but don’t enjoy burning up $30. Who has found a similar / cheaper alternative?

Go ahead. Laugh at me. I don’t care. Anyone willing to admit any good scented candles to purchase online?

I love the Yankee Candle scents and strength, but don’t enjoy burning up $30. Who has found a similar / cheaper alternative?

Honestly...the Better Homes & Gardens collection at WalMart is good. I use them pretty regularly, along with their scent melts for the warmers. I also like the WoodWick candles at Target. Those give you the sound of the wood crackling, like you would get with a fire in a fireplace/firepit.

And of course, PartyLite is good too. But those are just as pricey as YC.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Honestly...the Better Homes & Gardens collection at WalMart is good. I use them pretty regularly, along with their scent melts for the warmers. I also like the WoodWick candles at Target. Those give you the sound of the wood crackling, like you would get with a fire in a fireplace/firepit.

And of course, PartyLite is good too. But those are just as pricey as YC.

I do use the Better Homes and Garden from Walmart. Trying to avoid going there as long as possible. Actually, that’s only about 25% COVID related as I just avoid going as much as I can anyway, though I have to go eventually!

I’ll look into the other options. Thanks!

I do use the Better Homes and Garden from Walmart. Trying to avoid going there as long as possible. Actually, that’s only about 25% COVID related as I just avoid going as much as I can anyway, though I have to go eventually!

I’ll look into the other options. Thanks!
Target would be a good place to start. Order online for pick up in store, or drive up.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I like the ones at Victoria’s Secret that come with the free tampons. ;) J/k man. I pee sitting down so I have no room to criticize.

Reactions: Carolina4
I like the ones at Victoria’s Secret that come with the free tampons. ;) J/k man. I pee sitting down so I have no room to criticize.

haha. Yeah, can’t be too judgmental. Nothing quite beats smelling the scented candles, drinking a Zima, while listening to Ashlee Simpson’s “Pieces of Me”.

Scented Candles.... Laughing

tenor.gif

In all seriousness though I like them around Thanksgiving and Christmas but honestly they all make me sneeze.

You can always get Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina scented candle....
I’m gonna chance this. There was a lady who visited a surgeon to see if there was anyway to reduce the size of her vaginal lips. He said he could perform the surgery and the patient agreed, however the doctor had to promise he would tell no one. The operation day came and the surgery was successful. She woke up in her room and saw 3 red roses by her bedside. She was angry and confronted the surgeon saying, “You weren’t suppose to tell a soul I had this surgery. With the roses here you obviously didn’t keep your word”. “Don’t be upset”, her doctor replied. “I knew you were going through this alone and I sent a rose just to show you I care.” “What about the 2nd rose?” she asked. “That’s from my nurse. She had the same operation last year and hoped the rose would help you feel better. The patient was feeling bad about getting upset with her surgeon, and apologized. “One last question. What about the 3rd rose?” To which the doctor replied, “That one is from the guy in the burn center. He wanted to thank you for the new ears”.

I think I've seen it all now. This is the most unusual thread since the "Beet" thread.
But seriously, if anyone knows how to make their own candles I can get that Gwyneth Paltrow scent for you ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I never in a million years thought you were serious. Holy crap. How did I miss this?!?! Laughing

So how many did you buy?

I’m gonna chance this. There was a lady who visited a surgeon to see if there was anyway to reduce the size of her vaginal lips. He said he could perform the surgery and the patient agreed, however the doctor had to promise he would tell no one. The operation day came and the surgery was successful. She woke up in her room and saw 3 red roses by her bedside. She was angry and confronted the surgeon saying, “You weren’t suppose to tell a soul I had this surgery. With the roses here you obviously didn’t keep your word”. “Don’t be upset”, her doctor replied. “I knew you were going through this alone and I sent a rose just to show you I care.” “What about the 2nd rose?” she asked. “That’s from my nurse. She had the same operation last year and hoped the rose would help you feel better. The patient was feeling bad about getting upset with her surgeon, and apologized. “One last question. What about the 3rd rose?” To which the doctor replied, “That one is from the guy in the burn center. He wanted to thank you for the new ears”.

Hope_Solo_USA_Training_%28edited%29.jpg

I Love my scented candles..... I get mine at Belk.. they are about 14 bucks for a 14oz candle. Which is medium sized. My go to scent is Sugared Pecan.. it has roasted pecan, sugared caramel, and white vanilla bean scent. It makes my house kinda smell like hot maple syrup

Laugh? Dude I'm obsessed with candles. I like the wax cubes, but prefer the wick one's overall. Just bought this $25 WoodWick candle today from Walmart. I heard its awesome.

As for where to buy? I prefer TJ Maxx or Ross. Kroger had some good ones. It's hard to buy candles online since you can't test out the scent before buying. But I would check Poshmark or eBay.

Laugh? Dude I'm obsessed with candles. I like the wax cubes, but prefer the wick one's overall. Just bought this $25 WoodWick candle today from Walmart. I heard its awesome.

As for where to buy? I prefer TJ Maxx or Ross. Kroger had some good ones. It's hard to buy candles online since you can't test out the scent before buying. But I would check Poshmark or eBay.
This thread is solid proof the shutdown is worse than the virus

Milkhouse is a good brand of candle. You can find them at Home Goods. I can't deny the 2 scents that my wife has brought home that are my favorites are Lemongrass Tea and Eucalyptus Lavender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT