ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Scheffler arrested this morning

Aren't you painting with a very broad brush to connect these two cases in terms of police conduct in Louisville as a whole? Were you also this tied up in the Floyd Case which we now know was mostly media-driven BS? I'm not saying there aren't some bad cops out there, but this seems like quite a reach.

I'm not connecting the cases. They aren't related.

I'm not rehashing the Floyd case. It has nothing to do with the Louisville police.

I am saying that Louisville police have a bad reputation- and lying about things isn't new for them as the Taylor case demonstrates. Them lying about what Scheffler did should not be a surprising.

See my comment in post #26, #31, and #33

Reactions: PaleoCock
I'm not connecting the cases. They aren't related.

I'm not rehashing the Floyd case. It has nothing to do with the Louisville police.

I am saying that Louisville police have a bad reputation- and lying about things isn't new for them as the Taylor case demonstrates. Them lying about what Scheffler did should not be a surprising.

See my comment in post #26, #31, and #33

Gotcha. You do understand how many cases these guys do a year though? Claiming the entire department has a bad reputation based on these two cases is a big reach and what the today's crappy media does.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Gotcha. You do understand how many cases these guys do a year though? Claiming the entire department has a bad reputation based on these two cases is a big reach and what the today's crappy media does.

Bingo. For some reason, his mind cannot scale. That's how you end up a founding member of CNN+. Nonetheless, we love him anyway. :)

I realize they have a lot of cases.

I realize that people lying on small things can often mean that they will lie on big things, small things- and routine things.

Sadly, there is a long list of police being caught lying on all kinds of things. Doesn't mean all police lie.

But this was about the Louisville police and Taylor case is a big case of them lying and now this golf case happens there too.

I realize they have a lot of cases.

I realize that people lying on small things can often mean that they will lie on big things, small things- and routine things.

Sadly, there is a long list of police being caught lying on all kinds of things. Doesn't mean all police lie.

But this was about the Louisville police and Taylor case is a big case of them lying and now this golf case happens there too.
For perspective -- According to their 2019 report, the Louisville area had over 50,000 crimes reported and this does not include traffic violations which is probably another 100,000. You're talking about 2 cases with one involving a overzealous traffic cop. But they played these cases on certain TV stations over and over again because it was pulling in ratings and was sensational.

For perspective -- According to their 2019 report, the Louisville area had over 50,000 crimes reported and this does not include traffic violations which is probably another 100,000. You're talking about 2 cases with one involving a overzealous traffic cop. But they played these cases on certain TV stations over and over again because it was pulling in ratings and was sensational.

OK cool. Traffic violations are typically orders of magnitude above crime rates. However, let's go with your 2x figure and demonstrate to Dave how flawed his thinking his on these types of matters because of his clickbait obsession.

Question At Hand: Is corruption or lying prevalent in the Louisville Police Department as a whole?

Reported infractions in a year: 150,000 (50,000 + 100000)

Since this is a serious charge, we want to be pretty confidence in our assertion so we'll choose a 95% confidence interval which is a typical peg.

For the margin of error, we'll go with the typical 5%.

Pop Proportion: We'll again use a standard ~ 0.5

The formula to calculate the sample size, accounting for a finite population, is:
\[ n = \frac{N \times Z^2 \times p \times (1-p)}{(N-1)E^2 + Z^2 \times p \times (1-p)} \]

Based on these parameters, an infraction population of 150,000 with a 95% confidence level and a 5% margin of error, a relevant sample size would be approximately 383 infractions.

So Dave, you would need to take a random sample of 383 infractions to analyze in order to determine whether there's a likelihood of the Louisville Police is more likely to be dirty.

Instead, you lean on 2 cherrypicked cases (not random) from the preening Don Lemon and allow him to infect your thoughts by stating it over and over and over again. This is also how low IQ liberal wine moms get duped and we end up kicking hardened criminals back on the street because they vote knuckleheads into positions of power who can't analyze anything either.

Similar thing happened in the Floyd Case where people where sacred to go out of their houses in Minneapolis because of this "Lemon Phenomenon" and other knuckleheads decided they wanted to burn down the country.

Last edited:

We know about these 2 cases. I suspect there are plenty we don’t know about. That is normally how it works.

For example, chances are high that every day an adult is ticketed or arrested for innocently misunderstanding an officer in a traffic direction situation but none of us care except when it involves a high profile, popular golfer.

And if it were your place they were knocking on the door at 12:40am and coming in without a warning and your family member was killed as a result and it turns out they lied to get the warrant to break down your door, chances are high you wouldn’t care about the other cases.

We know about these 2 cases. I suspect there are plenty we don’t know about. That is normally how it works.

For example, chances are high that every day an adult is ticketed or arrested for innocently misunderstanding an officer in a traffic direction situation but none of us care except when it involves a high profile, popular golfer.

And if it were your place they were knocking on the door at 12:40am and coming in without a warning and your family member was killed as a result and it turns out they lied to get the warrant to break down your door, chances are high you wouldn’t care about the other cases.
Media obviously flocks to these cases. I hadn't heard anything about the Louisville Police Department until these two which occurred years apart from each other.

Did you see the stat analysis above that Ward posted? That would take the guesswork out.

Bang Bang Case. Though Scheffler openly admits here that he thought the guy was golf club security and they would have just as much authority to have him stop for a wreck scene.

Last edited:
Media obviously flocks to these cases. I hadn't heard anything about the Louisville Police Department until these two which occurred years apart from each other.

Did you see the stat analysis above that Ward posted? That would take the guesswork out.

Yes, the media covers high profile cases or cases that they believe the public will flock to. They don't cover cases that people ignore- like us. Pretty typical stuff.

I hadn't heard anything about Louisville police either until these higher profile cases, then some disinfectant got shed on them and some of the things weren't too great.

I don't see any posts of people on ignore.

Charges dropped. No one believed the police officer about being dragged.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/scottie-scheffler-arrest-update/story?id=110436939

the right thing by the local solicitor. Was hard to take the police seriously after the first videos came out. From the most recent audio, it seems like it could be argued that a jury would determine the police officer very likely provoked the interaction.

Looking at a number of websites that cover police interactions across the country, without much imagination one can come to the assumption that the police are as likely to inflate and exaggerate the facts as the general public.

If he were an Illegal immigrant he wouldnt have to golf for a living, he could live off us Taxpayers!!
If he were an illegal immigrant, he would have been arrested at gunpoint as he struggled to understand a cops contradictory instructions and probably gotten shot because he was so disrespectful to the cop and the officer was scared for his life.

I think he thought driving a PGA championship designated car gave him unrestricted access (wouldn't blame him if so) and probably panicked when the cop latched on.
No excuse. Everyone knows in a high anxiety situation with the cops, you follow exactly every single instruction to a T, and anything less means you're probably guilty of multiple crimes, and at a minimum, resisting arrest. Oh wait......

If he were an illegal immigrant, he would have been arrested at gunpoint as he struggled to understand a cops contradictory instructions and probably gotten shot because he was so disrespectful to the cop and the officer was scared for his life.
In what universe? Have you been paying attention to places like NYC? The opposite has been happening and residents are furious about it.

I think he thought driving a PGA championship designated car gave him unrestricted access (wouldn't blame him if so) and probably panicked when the cop latched on.
100%. He thought he had plantation privileges which is often the case with PGA events. However, he wasn't inside the gates yet and should have waited it out.

100%. He thought he had plantation privileges which is often the case with PGA events. However, he wasn't inside the gates yet and should have waited it out.

I don't sense he felt he was above anyone. We don't have any evidence that his personality lines up that way- even with people talking off the record.

I think it's quite likely one officer, as he mentioned, directed him to do one thing- and the other guy- was telling him to something else.

in other words, he got confused.

Maybe worth a tongue lashing. Worth arresting him- nah.

In what universe? Have you been paying attention to places like NYC? The opposite has been happening and residents are furious about it.

In some places- yes. In all places? No.

Just like above, we hear about the more public cases.

I think in most cases, immigrants of all types are much more likely to be taken advantage of, hide away and avoid all conflict out of fear, or not understanding, or a combination.

I don't sense he felt he was above anyone. We don't have any evidence that his personality lines up that way- even with people talking off the record.

I think it's quite likely one officer, as he mentioned, directed him to do one thing- and the other guy- was telling him to something else.

in other words, he got confused.

Maybe worth a tongue lashing. Worth arresting him- nah.
What I meant was that there are different rules in gated communities in terms of security guards, especially during tournament time. We have a vacation home in Sea Pines (HHI) and have hosted players there. They have the run of things for the week and that's probably what he thought he was dealing with. City cops are obviously a much different story.

Last edited:
What I meant was that there are different rules in gated communities in terms of security guards, especially during tournament time. We have a vacation home in Sea Pines (HHI) and have hosted players there. They have the run of things for the week and that's probably what he thought he was dealing with. City cops are obviously a much different story.

no doubt.

and I can imagine a police officer telling him one thing and a security guard telling him something different.

My dad once had a local officer chase him down on the road and accuse him of hitting a company owned truck at a business- 2-3 miles away. My dad was pulling a trailer and had picked up some supplies at the business and was headed home. At the time, my dad was 72 or 73. The officer told my dad he witnessed him hit the other truck (owned by the business and parked with no one in it) as he pulled out of the parking lot. My dad insisted he didn't know he had hit any truck and didn't believe he did because there was no damage on his truck or his trailer. The officer told my dad that he should just arrest him. My dad that thought was a bit crazy and asked to go back to the business to see the damage and apologize to the manager and pay for any damage.

The officer followed my dad back to the business (a well known business). The officer got the manager to come outside. The manager looked at the truck, said the damage on the truck was old damage that they had documented from another driver- not my dad. Manager told the officer and my dad he had the damage on video from another incident, took my dad and the officer inside and showed them the video where another customer had hit the car weeks earlier- a customer that had admitted to the mistake and had paid for the damage already.

My dad pointed out to the officer that he had lied to him and had lied to the manager about seeing my dad cause the damage and told him he'd be calling his supervisor (the next day to tell him about the lies. The manager wasn't happy with the officer either.

and my dad did. The supervisor at the time happened to be someone my dad knew. (My dad knew that the entire time of the interaction so I assume that's what helped him stay calm).

He told him about the officer lying. The supervisor admitted that the new guy was a problem- had been a problem- and he was going to have to reconsider his employment.

I have no idea what happened to the officer- my dad doesn't either. He didn't feel comfortable following up on it anymore or asking about it. I just don't take the word of police over anyone else's word. Everything must be verified.

Last edited:
You really HATE the Police dont you?? Are you Hamas as well??
Nope. Just pointing out the idiocy. People easily don't take the side of the police when they like the alleged "wrong doer". When they don't, or are not comfortable with a possible narrative, it's take the side of the police because they default to telling the "truth", have no reason to lie, deserve to get home to their families, blah blah blah.

As far as this incident goes, it was really stupid for it to get where it got. I'm sure there's a solution in the middle somewhere that didn't need to result in his arrest. But you see here how Scheffler is getting a pass from you because of possibly confusing instructions from the police and security? Why is that same grace not given to everyone?

Last edited:
Nope. Just pointing out the idiocy. People easily take the side of the police when they like the alleged "wrong doer". When they don't, or are not comfortable with a possible narrative, it's take the side of the police because they default to telling the "truth", have no reason to lie, deserve to get home to their families, blah blah blah.

As far as this incident goes, it was really stupid for it to get where it got. I'm sure there's a solution in the middle somewhere that didn't need to result in his arrest. But you see here how Scheffler is getting a pass from you because of possibly confusing instructions from the police and security? Why is that same grace not given to everyone?
This was a Very Unique situation, IMO, the officer had just seen a person Killed in an Traffic Accident, i am sure his adrenaline was off the charts. He probably OVERREACTED for that reason.. I am a Scheffler fan, and i think he too realized the ENTIRE scope of the Morning..

Reactions: GreatestCock
I am glad the charges were dropped. He should have never been charged in the first place.
Same here. I’m sure Scottie offered to pay the cop $85 and a stack of more cash for some new pants. I’m sure someone has already started a gofundme campaign for the injured and pants-torn cop with a goal of $75,000. Typical in this day and time.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT