ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Some Programs Don't Tolerate Losing...(OU)

He may need to help out on defense and stop complaining about the fans....

Get better player!!!
Per an article on 247, he and the defensive coaching staff did Sunday night. But hard to make any major changes during the season, just some adjustments and reevaluate at the end of the year.

IMO he needs to move LT to LB coach and go out and hire Lawing as his DL coach. Pretty much the same staff he had at UF...sans Durkin.

Per an article on 247, he and the defensive coaching staff did Sunday night. But hard to make any major changes during the season, just some adjustments and reevaluate at the end of the year.

IMO he needs to move LT to LB coach and go out and hire Lawing as his DL coach. Pretty much the same staff he had at UF...sans Durkin.

Hire Brad Lawing as the new game equipment manger on the sideline and he can be on contract before someone hires him away...

Here’s the Elephant in the room.... Texas and UF were LOADED on the defensive side of the ball during his tenures . 5 Stars at every position and the NFL is full of former Texas and UF Defensive players he coached . When he went to Auburn after UF , the talent level at that time was not where it normally is at Auburn and any Auburn fan will tell you the defense struggled that year . I’ll give him credit for recruiting great players but Texas and UF bring in 5 Stars in their sleep . Just being honest , he’s not gonna get those type of guys here . The only legitimate one he had a shot at is wrecking Havok at Clemson this year . Guys like Clowney and XT are “only come around every 10 years” guys . So to make a long story short .... is he an Elite Defensive coach if he doesn’t have elite defensive players ??? Maybe . Maybe not . I would like to say it’s just a talent gap but you will never convince me that Kentucky and Mizzou are head and shoulders more talented than us on the OL and DL . And yes we did win Sat but ... we all know they beat us like a drum on both sides of the ball and pretty much gift wrapped a win and handed to us . Will be interesting to see .

Here’s the Elephant in the room.... Texas and UF were LOADED on the defensive side of the ball during his tenures . 5 Stars at every position and the NFL is full of former Texas and UF Defensive players he coached . When he went to Auburn after UF , the talent level at that time was not where it normally is at Auburn and any Auburn fan will tell you the defense struggled that year . I’ll give him credit for recruiting great players but Texas and UF bring in 5 Stars in their sleep . Just being honest , he’s not gonna get those type of guys here . The only legitimate one he had a shot at is wrecking Havok at Clemson this year . Guys like Clowney and XT are “only come around every 10 years” guys . So to make a long story short .... is he an Elite Defensive coach if he doesn’t have elite defensive players ??? Maybe . Maybe not . I would like to say it’s just a talent gap but you will never convince me that Kentucky and Mizzou are head and shoulders more talented than us on the OL and DL . And yes we did win Sat but ... we all know they beat us like a drum on both sides of the ball and pretty much gift wrapped a win and handed to us . Will be interesting to see .
He's getting the players. Last years and this years DL and secondary recruiting has been great, maybe as good as we've seen. Need more LBs definitely.

The players that are upper class men right now are from the disaster 2015 class where Spurrier said he was going to stop coaching soon and Muschamp's 2016 class where he only had 2-3 months to recruit. I think we start seeing a big upswing in talent starting next year as his first full year of recruiting results start getting more PT.

The short answer is there are a million different scenarios with a million different answers. Example one would be Kentucky. Many fans wanted to Stoops replaced even though UK was showing improvement each year. The administration wisely stuck with him

Example number two would be Louisville. Even though the Cardinals are dropping like a rock, UofL is no position to fire Patrino because his contract buy out is enormous. Auburn is in the same situation.

Example 3 would be Tennessee. UT stayed with Butch Jones a year too long. It just all depends.

Reactions: Johnstonesplumbinng
I've always hoped Carolina would adopt a pro-active stance regarding no toleration for athletic mediocrity. In the long run the university would be better off.

Do you think it might be impossible for our fan base and associated boosters to recognize "athletic mediocrity" since they seem to perceive any change in the coaching staff or administrative organization as an event on the same level as the "Second Coming "?."

Do you think it might be impossible for our fan base and associated boosters to recognize "athletic mediocrity" since they seem to perceive any change in the coaching staff or administrative organization as an event on the same level as the "Second Coming "?."

They don't approach athletic achievement the same way they handle their businesses/political careers - let nothing get in your way - win at all costs - losing in any way is unacceptable. The mind set HAS to change at USC, The new generation is DEMANDING it.

Reactions: Sumptacock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT