ADVERTISEMENT

OT: "The Americans" series finale

QC Cock

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2007
Rock Hill, SC
Any fans of FX's "The Americans" here? If so, what did you think of the series finale the other night? Now that it's over, I have to put it in my top 5 all time favorite series, along with "The Wire", "The Shield", "Breaking Bad", and "Justified". It was tough to leave out "Sons of Anarchy", but it would be just after those.

SPOILER ALERT:

I thought the finale was great...the extended scene in the parking garage when Stan finally confronted Phillip, Elizabeth, and Paige had some phenomenal acting. And I liked the fact that Phillip was able to convince Elizabeth to leave Henry at school, as opposed to trying to get him to leave with them.

The look on Phillip and Elizabeth's faces when Paige got off the train at the Canadian border was priceless. And how could you not like the producers playing U2's "With or Without You" in the background during that part of the show?

I guess in the end, if they were going to have Phillip and Elizabeth make it back to Russia, it wouldn't be without sacrifice and misery. The two big unanswered questions really make you wonder though...why did Stan allow them to leave without an arrest or shooting, and was Renee also a spy? I have to admit there was a big part of me that wanted to see them arrested, but overall an excellent finale and an all time great show!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News