ADVERTISEMENT

OT the new Bond film

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
I watched it last night. Anybody else see this one yet? I am not trying to post any spoilers, but my opinion on it… Is that is was not very good. I mean it was a Bond film- lots of action, complicated plot to destroy the world… Yeah yeah… pretty fun to watch..

My issue is that they simply lost the driving force behind what made these films so great. Bond is the cold calculated killer, no emotion, never fazed by what is going on around him… and in this film they turned Bond into an emotional p*$$%! I read a review that it was the most emotional Bond ever, and that concerned me.., but COME ON MAN!! This is the symbol of over top tough guy badassness, and we let Daniel Craig go out like This!?! The sarcastically extreme way Bond skates through unimaginable danger and always comes out on top leant to the tongue in cheek fun of the franchise forever and they lost almost every element of it in this film and it FLOPPED because of that.

I hope the rocky box office performance to date tells this story to the producers and they realize when they find a new Bond and make the next film that they should stop screwing with a winning formula, stop trying to make Bond “sensitive”, stop trying to force a FEMALE Bond on us and just stick with what made this one of the most successful franchises in entertainment history. If they do not, I am afraid Bond has truly died with this film and being the film buff and long time fan of this series that I am, that is a real tragedy to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News