ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What’s the candy bar you ask for

I would ride my bike down the highway picking up bottles to sell at the country store so I could buy a 3 Musketeers bar. It’s rated the unhealthest candy bar made because of the high sugar content but who cares when you’re a kid.

Reactions: Judson1
Either a Hershey's special dark or a regular Snickers.

Does anyone remember the Marathon candy bar? It was a braid of caramel coated in milk chocolate. I loved them when I was a wee lad. But I haven't seen one since.

Loved Whatchamacallit and 100,000 Bar as a kid. Now, it’s either Snickers, Milky Way, or Cadbury.

I dont recall selling them for school though maybe I did. Evidently that wasnt very memorable. What I vividly remember is selling them for my little league baseball teams and the boy scouts. They were our top choice for fundraisers because they would practically sell themselves.
Thankfully, I can associate certain things with my childhood (fond memories) that are still around today, those candy bars are one of them. Today I often see them at barber shops or local hardware stores sitting on a counter. They bring a smile to my face every single time. And yeah, I'll buy one.
I wont comment on all that political crap you bring up in a candy thread .
Selling them or other stuff for your activities (like Scouts or teams) is completely legit and actually a useful life lesson IMO. However, hyperbole aside, I'm genuinely not a fan of a school recruiting people half the legal working age to support the local tax base, but I don’t mean to burden you with that “crap”, so I’ll just say “I like Twix” and leave it at that.

Selling them or other stuff for your activities (like Scouts or teams) is completely legit and actually a useful life lesson IMO. However, hyperbole aside, I'm genuinely not a fan of a school recruiting people half the legal working age to support the local tax base, but I don’t mean to burden you with that “crap”, so I’ll just say “I like Twix” and leave it at that.
Looking back, I can probably credit those candy bars in helping me decide on the direction in life I eventually took. I learned at a very early age i did not want to grow up to be a salesman.

Reactions: gamecock1999
Looking back, I can probably credit those candy bars in helping me decide on the direction in life I eventually took. I learned at a very early age i did not want to grow up to be a salesman.
Ha, same here! Maybe I shouldn’t be too hard on the school for that object lesson after all. And as for WFC, I can definitely say that Twix never taught me anything.

In sum, peace be unto you, WFC, and rural SC schools districts everywhere (in SC).

Reactions: bucketdad
Either a Hershey's special dark or a regular Snickers.

Does anyone remember the Marathon candy bar? It was a braid of caramel coated in milk chocolate. I loved them when I was a wee lad. But I haven't seen one since.
Marathon bars were great. You can still get them but they're under the "Curly Wurly" brand.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Initially I would say a Peanut Butter Cup - but that's not a bar.

Personally, any full-sized candy bar is disgusting. Who could eat a whole one and still feel good (physically or mentally)? And King Sized?!?! You need therapy, not chocolate.

Now Fun Sized are a different story. I go with Butterfinger and Mr. Goodbar. Oddly enough, I don't like a bite of a regular Mr. Goodbar at all - the ratio of peanuts to chocolate just isn't as good as fun sized.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT