ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is an unpopular opinion that you have? Do you...

I thought she was okay but overrated when she was younger, but as she reached her mid-40's and now early 50's, she got better looking and is now gorgeous.
It's the whole "sexpot vs girl next door" thing. We all know the girl in high school who was hot and looked 22 years old. She married the football QB, had a couple kids and flamed out fast. The girl next door just keeps getting prettier.

Reactions: Bad seed
Mandatory drug testing for anybody received welfare. Forfeit those benefits for a year on the second positive test. Forfeit those benefit permanently on the third positive test.

Reactions: Expro19
i dont like having conversations at dinner. let us eat and then chat. something about thinking and eating doesn’t work for me.

Mandatory drug testing for anybody received welfare. Forfeit those benefits for a year on the second positive test. Forfeit those benefit permanently on the third positive test.
I'm with you on this. ( I'm not sure it's an unpopular opinion, but maybe)
On the topic of being responsible with public money...massive changes to pay, time of service, and benefits for politicians. What we pay the president in office is fine. But, no more payment for life. Senators and others? Cut the annual pay to a Max of $120,000, one term max, and no retirement or other benefits once they leave office. It's public service.

I get the gut reason to want to do that. That’s a bad idea in practice though. People that can’t eat will likely get violent or commit robbery against innocent people to feed themselves or their kids. Innocent people end of paying the price for that theory put into practice.

Plus, it’s really expensive to drug test that many people. Our infrastructure isn’t really set up for it on a wide scale. . Also, drug testing requirements are different in different legal jurisdictions because of court decisions. To confirm a drug test in some states, retesting is required. It’s gets very expensive very quickly.

it’s an especially bad idea since so many drug treatment programs have been cut over the years.

Required sterilization if you're on public assistance and have another child, or if you're a man that has fathered multiple children you cannot support.

Reactions: Zann77
Required sterilization if you're on public assistance and have another child, or if you're a man that has fathered multiple children you cannot support.

I would support that only if it included men and women who can support the children they have donated but refuse to- or who won’t pay their required child support

I wouldn’t single out poor people.

I would support that only if it included men and women who can support the children they have donated but refuse to- or who won’t pay their required child support

I wouldn’t single out poor people.

I could live with that, but would prefer imprisonment for a lowlife that has the means to support his/her child but will not do it. A poor person having a child is irresponsible, but someone that can but won't provide for their child is a different level of cretin.

I have a cousin...4th or 5th cousin or something like that, and his daughter was taken from him for being a sorry father and his brother now has custody. She was still able to be on her father's military insurance, but he intentionally removed her when he found out she needed a major dental procedure, simply out of spite and refuses to offer any assistance even though he has been ordered to do so by the court. It is if he knows he will face no consequences. I hope he gets Covid-19 and slowly withers.

He is currently a billionaire, a good businessmen knows how to utilize bankruptcy to protect assets from creditors and rebound.

I have already stated he lacks political skills, an expected element in a typical president. His economic policy outweighs his negative tendacies, and it appears he will be re-elected. Neither Biden or Sanders will beat him this time. Biden would have likely won in 2016, but not now.
I would think a good business person would have enough acumen to avoid bankruptcy altogether.

I would think a good business person would have enough acumen to avoid bankruptcy altogether.
LOL, in typical everyday life, yes. However, billionaires are not typical people. High risk, high reward. There's a reason everyone is not a billionaire, they cannot survive when the risk bites them in the rear. You can't always get it right, and when you don't, you learn from your mistakes. It's far better than someone with no business experience at all.

We lose billions of trade dollars annually by foreign companies not converting to imperial. Actually, many US auto manufacturers have retooled their production lines to metric in the past couple of decades anyway.

Also, the US Bureau of Standards officially defines the yard as .91 Meters.

Of course, Metrication will not effect the dimensions of sporting fields of competition. It will still be 90 ft from home to first base (we may show the distance from home to the left field foul pole as 100m instead of 328 ft. since distances to the outfield fences vary from field to field, and that 93 mph fastball may be noted as a 150 km/h fastball like they do in Japan). The length of the US basketball court will remain 94 ft, the (US) football field will remain 100 yards, and you'll still have four downs to gain 10 yards (the Canadian football field is still measured in imperial even with their nationwide Metrication).

Yep, Metrication is not popular, but we're slowly getting there (inch by inch, hee hee).

Last edited:
LOL, in typical everyday life, yes. However, billionaires are not typical people. High risk, high reward. There's a reason everyone is not a billionaire, they cannot survive when the risk bites them in the rear. You can't always get it right, and when you don't, you learn from your mistakes. It's far better than someone with no business experience at all.
Perhaps, but I'm not keen on having someone like that running the country.

Bump, why are we wasting a scholarship on a UNC reject . Who averaged 1 point a game? Who turned us down out of high school and went to the tar-holes and sat on the bench most of the time.

Last edited:
Can I bump tha thang 1 more time ?
Aerosmith
Beastie Boys
Pearl Jam
All overrated

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT