ADVERTISEMENT

Our athletic department screwed up. Surprise, surprise.

Ouch. That's unfortunate ~ definitely something you want to get right the first run.

I think I may be morphing into a 'conspiracy theorist' in damn near everything.

Here goes: the AD knew that ticket sales for the Akron game weren't going to amount to squat, so-ooo they created this ticket 'error' that, apparently, has allowed ineligible fans to get free tickets, thus, padding attendance figures for Saturday's game. Not bad. Not bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscfan1981
world class stadium concessions & amenities

an amateur broadcast play by play embarrassment

exemplary (superlative) administrative management

a brilliant leadership team

we'll go far with these visionaries

good luck

But y’all can thank me for this. I emailed the guy in charge at IMG Productions and he said they would fix the erroneous state abbreviations in the Coach Muschamp show that I was bitching about a few weeks ago! I didn’t say anything after the K.Y. abbreviation but after two weeks running of G.A. for Georgia I couldn’t stand it any longer. Totally embarrassing for a university of our stature.

It was a good move by Carolina...

You're not going to get people to buy tickets to the Akron, maybe 30,000 fans...

Its a bad weekend, shopping weekend, Championship weekend, the weekend wasn't planned in the football weekend....

This is a loss for Carolina in money wise, but why make other vendors and other local stores suffer the loss if no one shows up...

These folks near the stadium depend on football Saturday as part of their annual budget and playing employees...

I'm sure Ray heard the vendors and other folks depend on sales from football Saturday; when our game with LSU was moved to LSU a few years ago...

Should I tag @USCTicketSales on this one?

For those who missed my post in a separate thread on Tuesday:

It was an effort through Marketing/Community Outreach to provide a large amount of donated tickets to our partner organizations: Fort Jackson, Ronald McDonald House, Harvest Hope, school groups, etc. It was only advertised to our contacts in these various organizations.

However, it could not be done in our system on this wide of a scale without the offer being visible to everyone with a USC Account through the Ticketmaster server. So, yes, once word got out, there were free upper level tickets out there. I encourage anyone who claimed them to actually attend or give them to folks who will.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT