ADVERTISEMENT

Our dull Looking Basketball Court

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
Watching the women's game today.

Our court looks about as dull as it gets.

So many options to make it shine and stand out on tv. New design, new graphics, new colors, etc.

Just no imagination in the athletic department.

So many options to make it shine and stand out on tv. New design, new graphics, new colors, etc.

Might help, but I'm just delighted that the ladies are kicking ass and taking names. I told everyone that Kitt and Fullwiley would really shine this year, and I was right. Kitt has a little bit of Becker from U. Conn. in her. Fulwiley is awesome. The girl from Cardinal Newman is getting better and better. We can actually put five on the floor without our ace, Cordossa, and expand leads. What a pleasant surprise! Cordossa has outplayed Boston in the first two games this year. I love this team. I hate Rivers left for N.C. State. How about 114 points vs Maryland- not too shabby. Look for us at #3 in the polls.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Might help, but I'm just delighted that the ladies are kicking ass and taking names. I told everyone that Kitt and Fullwiley would really shine this year, and I was right. Kitt has a little bit of Becker from U. Conn. in her. Fulwiley is awesome. The girl from Cardinal Newman is getting better and better. We can actually put five on the floor without our ace, Cordossa, and expand leads. What a pleasant surprise! Cordossa has outplayed Boston in the first two games this year. I love this team. I hate Rivers left for N.C. State. How about 114 points vs Maryland- not too shabby. Look for us at #3 in the polls.
One last thing. This team goes about nine deep, comfortably. Depth is going to be a real factor this year.

Kitts scraps and hustles. This team is really good. Two very impressive wins so far. I think Dawn is even surprised. She's probably searching for a way to knock them down a peg or two.

Reactions: cockofdawn

Personally, I prefer to watch the scoreboard Light up and shine like it did yesterday.

I didn’t notice …. I was too busy watching our girls beat the crap out of our opponent.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Weird ability to care about things that don't matter to others. I don't want my floor to look like Oregon's or any other obnoxious floor. Its there to play ball and win. That is all I care about. Save the shiny stuff for teams who don't have anything else to look forward to.

Rivers had 33 points yesterday in the win over UCONN.
We could use Rivers, but there is only one ball. From watching the UConn game yesterday, Rivers is much more effective with the ball in her hands. We don't run an offense that would allow her to be that ball dominant. We have a more inside-out style. NC State was running a lot of isolation stuff for Rivers that we just don't do.

Weird ability to care about things that don't matter to others. I don't want my floor to look like Oregon's or any other obnoxious floor. Its there to play ball and win. That is all I care about. Save the shiny stuff for teams who don't have anything else to look forward to.

When I care about something, I don't spend time wondering if anyone else would care about it. That's not part of the equation. I doubt anyone really does that.

I didn't say obnoxious. There is a huge difference in freshening up our court and making it look better than it has for years and years and years with new graphics/color and something that looks crazy.

Others don't care about the basketball floor. Just like caring that we have a pretty white girl on the team. Just win. Although I admit I am a Chloe fanboy.

Is it possible it's a lighting issue? I mean I can remember how dark it was in the Colosseum but the floor always seemed to shine. At least that's how I remember it. That said, I haven't paid much attention to the floor this year but I will try to remember to check it out.

I don't care about it, but they haven't changed the Font or Format of mid-court in quite some time. I think the Mid-Court area has remained unchanged since about 2010. Only programs like a North Carolina or Indiana keep the mid-court area the same for that long. DeeDave is getting a little caught up in the minutiae of the experience, but he is not necessarily wrong.

Is it possible it's a lighting issue? I mean I can remember how dark it was in the Colosseum but the floor always seemed to shine. At least that's how I remember it. That said, I haven't paid much attention to the floor this year but I will try to remember to check it out.
It is possible that is part of it. But I think a big refresh on the graphics/designs on the floor would be very nice.

I remember we had lighting issues for years with regards to tv games.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
It is possible that is part of it. But I think a big refresh on the graphics/designs on the floor would be very nice.

I remember we had lighting issues for years with regards to tv games.
I agree. It looks a little drab. The best team in country should have better backdrop. Start with different overall fontwork and the "Colonial Life Arena" moving to a light color.

I agree. It and others like it are monstrosities.
In the old coliseum, they killed the house lights just before tipoff. I noticed it in 1969. The effect was to light the court up like a Broadway stage. There was plenty of light on the court but not in the house. I thought it looked great.

In the old coliseum, they killed the house lights just before tipoff. I noticed it in 1969. The effect was to light the court up like a Broadway stage. There was plenty of light on the court but not in the house. I thought it looked great.
They’d roll out the red carpet when we announced our starting five. I always loved that.

Yeah I thought it looked really good too.

Reactions: king ward
I agree. It looks a little drab. The best team in country should have better backdrop. Start with different overall fontwork and the "Colonial Life Arena" moving to a light color.

Yep.

As far as I could tell from a quick search, the last new court we put down was 2016.

They did put down a new floor for March Madness in 2019, but it was temporary.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
I'd wish we would move away from the garnet and black in general. You don't really want to dark colors together, especially when indoors.

If we need to stay in the same vicinity, maybe go with red and gray (ala OSU) or a garnet and white (ala BAMA).

Brighten things up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT