ADVERTISEMENT

Our fanbase is absolutely childlike

Who in the world do we think we are? In reality, we have historically been a very mediocre program. We had some really nice years with SOS. So many of you seem borderline maniacal and unstable in your ability to see the reality of who we are. You want to jump from being a Pontiac to a Ferrari. Anything in-between is unacceptable to you. Real people, with realistic expectations understand that there are steps in between. Shoot for the stars, but do it realistically. If most of you have even just 10% of these kind of expectations for people in your life, God help them!

I understand he is getting paid millions and that he should have accountability, but give him time. His players love him, no one is getting in trouble with the law, we have good grades, we have decent talent, and we all know that, with the right OC hire, our defense plays much, much better. Give this man time. For. Gods. Sake. Look at the League champions over the 5 power conferences over the last 30 years. What will you find? A. LOT. OF. THE. SAME. TEAMS. Its hard to break in. You have to have consistency and stability. NO ONE WILL EVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO BUILD THIS WITH OUR IMPATIENCE. Even Urban Meyer would need 5 years here.

That said, we should get rid of Frank.
So what you are saying is we shouldn't demand better? If that is the case why even bother having a program?

Even if BoBo is great, what talent does have to work with? Our WRs group is awful. Our offensive line is below average, and Manos will be back at Center watch the UNG game. You'll see why he hasn't started a game since. We don't have a elite SEC RB, hope Lloyd pans out. Were average at QB. I can't name one player that has NFL talent on our offense.
Sad but true

Reactions: Brace1
So what you are saying is we shouldn't demand better? If that is the case why even bother having a program?
This is a stupid reply. I never said that. You lack clarity in your argument. Of course we should demand better. But that doesn't mean you fire and hire every four years. There are other options. Also, in my opinion, CWM is not nearly as bad a coach as a lot of you think he is.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Even if BoBo is great, what talent does have to work with? Our WRs group is awful. Our offensive line is below average, and Manos will be back at Center watch the UNG game. You'll see why he hasn't started a game since. We don't have a elite SEC RB, hope Lloyd pans out. Were average at QB. I can't name one player that has NFL talent on our offense.
I agree about the WR's. They have been disappointing. Not sure what is going on there, because they all came in pretty highly rated. Agree with RB's, but I think ML will be a huge boost. Don't agree about QB. I think he was the product of a wreck of Offensive acumen. Completely baffled by how bad we were on O this year. I expect to see a vast improvement from him next year.

This is a stupid reply. I never said that. You lack clarity in your argument. Of course we should demand better. But that doesn't mean you fire and hire every four years. There are other options. Also, in my opinion, CWM is not nearly as bad a coach as a lot of you think he is.
"every four years" That's a damn lie. Can you name the last coach who was fired in four years?

Who in the world do we think we are? In reality, we have historically been a very mediocre program. We had some really nice years with SOS. So many of you seem borderline maniacal and unstable in your ability to see the reality of who we are. You want to jump from being a Pontiac to a Ferrari. Anything in-between is unacceptable to you. Real people, with realistic expectations understand that there are steps in between. Shoot for the stars, but do it realistically. If most of you have even just 10% of these kind of expectations for people in your life, God help them!

I understand he is getting paid millions and that he should have accountability, but give him time. His players love him, no one is getting in trouble with the law, we have good grades, we have decent talent, and we all know that, with the right OC hire, our defense plays much, much better. Give this man time. For. Gods. Sake. Look at the League champions over the 5 power conferences over the last 30 years. What will you find? A. LOT. OF. THE. SAME. TEAMS. Its hard to break in. You have to have consistency and stability. NO ONE WILL EVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO BUILD THIS WITH OUR IMPATIENCE. Even Urban Meyer would need 5 years here.

The problem with your argument is that Muschamp has had 8 years as a head coach. He was a special kind of bad at UF. At one of the best programs in the country, he had an abundance of 5-star talent at his fingertips.

Here's just a sample of the carnage:

UF Total Offense Ranking During Muschamp Era*
(****out of 120 total FBS teams****)

2011: #82
2012: #105
2013: #114
2014: #103
*Brett Pease (2012-13) and Kurt Roper (2014) both excelled as offensive coordinators at Boise and Duke, winning games against superior competition despite having lesser talent to work with. Given the abundance of athletes Florida had its disposal, there’s no reason the Gator offenses shouldn’t have been as a explosive as the Fun-and-Gun attacks of yesteryear.

----------------

Two (2) 3-5 SEC Records in 4 years. The first Gators coach to accomplish that since the 1950s.

2014: 4-8 - Gators 1st losing season since 1979.

He ended a 22-year bowl streak that dated back to 1991 when the Gators came off probation.

The first was a homecoming loss to Vanderbilt—their first loss to the Commodores since 1988 and first at home since 1945.

Lost to an FCS team, Georgia Southern, the first loss to a lower division team in the history of the program.

42–13 homecoming loss to Missouri

Muschamp lost to traditional rival Georgia for the three consecutive years

30-point loss to Florida State dropped his record against the Seminoles to 1–2.

DAMN! That's a terrible analytical summary of our position. True, but still terrible.

They're all childlike. Gamecock fans are no different.

If you doubt me, visit the DawgVent. They just played in the SECCG for the 3rd straight year, have a team that is 11-2 and ranked #5 in the nation, they've consistently beaten almost all of their biggest rivals lately, and in the last 3 years, they played in the Rose Bowl, the CFP title game, and the Sugar Bowl twice (2019 pending), yet you'd think the sky was falling with the absolute meltdown that is taking place among their online fanbase.

No one seems to be able to just enjoy the ride anymore. It's like all but 2-3 fanbases live somewhere between #7-10 on the misery index. Even Bama fans are bitter lately.

Firing every 3-4 years is becoming a thing of the past now. Now, if you don’t show them something in 2 years, you’re done. If they think they can get an upgrade and you’ve only been there 1-2 years, sorry but you’re gone. Look at how many teams pulled the plug on coaches in there 2nd year this year. That trend will grow next year. Big salaries come with even bigger expectations. Win now or get out of the way so someone that will win now can take your job.

I don't give a spit about clean a program or how much the players love his loser ass. I want know we can beat Sun Belt teams on Saturday. Muschamp needs to be gone! He IS the reason why we are a pontiac.
what is a Pontiac?

All this Pontiac and Ferrari stuff... I think most Gamecock fans just want to be a nice reliable Honda Accord. Honestly. It's not asking much.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
Well, because those two guys played at least one less game per year than CWM (11) and some of CWM's losses came from Bowl Games- more than either one of them could say, save for BS's one win there. Also, if we are going to play this game, CWM has won more games than they have after four years. Also, we had to play a true freshman at QB this year.
Those added games you're referencing we're chump teams we pay to come and lose (except App State, who we paid to win).

You have to separate the "fanbase" from what you read on some little fan board. The little fan boards are infested with imposters, malcontents who are never happy, whiners, nobodies and IMPOSTERS.
That's a fact.
The vast majority of the Carolina fan base has a life and does not peck away 24/7 on a little fan board trying to be the most outraged pretend fan.
Says the anonymous malcontent pecking away and whining on a little fan board.

"every four years" That's a damn lie. Can you name the last coach who was fired in four years?
We had Holtz and Spurrier. You don't fire Holtz and Spurrier. Social media had not been around enough before then for everyone to become an expert in college football coaching, recruiting, and AD assessment, or the howling and barking would have been going on back then as well.

And guess what...we're not firing a coach after four years now either.

Reactions: PC31
Some of those here remind me of people who are still fighting the Civil War.

We didnt lose. We just wore ourselves out whipping yankees.

(Not an original thought but one I like)

Thanks Will.

Reactions: polo-loco
Firing every 3-4 years is becoming a thing of the past now. Now, if you don’t show them something in 2 years, you’re done. If they think they can get an upgrade and you’ve only been there 1-2 years, sorry but you’re gone. Look at how many teams pulled the plug on coaches in there 2nd year this year. That trend will grow next year. Big salaries come with even bigger expectations. Win now or get out of the way so someone that will win now can take your job.
I agree. I just don't think it is a sustainable strategy in the real world.

They're all childlike. Gamecock fans are no different.

If you doubt me, visit the DawgVent. They just played in the SECCG for the 3rd straight year, have a team that is 11-2 and ranked #5 in the nation, they've consistently beaten almost all of their biggest rivals lately, and in the last 3 years, they played in the Rose Bowl, the CFP title game, and the Sugar Bowl twice (2019 pending), yet you'd think the sky was falling with the absolute meltdown that is taking place among their online fanbase.

No one seems to be able to just enjoy the ride anymore. It's like all but 2-3 fanbases live somewhere between #7-10 on the misery index. Even Bama fans are bitter lately.
The real danger for our athletic dept is apathy. I see it coming. Nobody believes anymore and they're dropping college athletics to a more sane priority.

Pease stop. Just stop it. You know what I mean. As a general rule (and I'm being reasonable here, please forgive me for that) we do not get in trouble. He runs a tight program. I appreciate that.
They can't help it, their life is so miserable they are only happy when they bust on someone.

Reactions: 01fatboy
Things have changed and if you’re not on board than shame “on you, 1st: because you’re the kind of fan that harbored the incompetence that’s been going on in Columbia for over 100 years. 2: You’re the kind of fan that thinks every coach “we hire, is family, and it breaks your heart, when any of us turn our backs on the coach, because you don’t “treat” family like that! 3rd: You’re the type of fan that believes in second chances, and third; when the second one fails! 4: You’re the type of fan that looks for any other excuse to why a coach failed. Ignoring patterns that’s been evident for years. 5: You’re the kind of fan that believes in throwing money at new coordinators will fix the problem. 6: last but not lease you the kind of fan that believes nobody should complain “win or lose” Just support your Gamecocks right? Well that’s over man, this is your new Gamecock fan base “that’s gotten tired, of the same game year after year!” Respect that!
let us know how that works for you! hell if we knew that acting like a crybaby was all we needed to be big time, we woulda done it years ago...from where i sit, yall's whining doesnt seem to be helping at all

Reactions: PC31
Have you not paid attention to CWM's career? What makes you think keeping him around will lead to improvement? If you look at player development alone, it is obvious he is not as good a coach as you think he is.

The OP isn’t saying that at all and you know it. You and a few negative posters are making the board a drag. We all wish you’d stop, or go root for another team!
The OP is for standing pat with a coach who is on his 6th offensive coordinator and for some reason has offensive linemen block themselves in a game. Yeah, I guess keeping him is the right play. When Eli Drinkwitz comes in next year with Missouri and blows our doors off, you can keep thinking how great keeping CWM was such a great idea. We are back on the level of UK and slightly better than Vandy. I hope you feel good about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT