ADVERTISEMENT

Our O-line Tackles are

Wannamaker is not slow. Noticed several times in the Fla game hime being downfield blocking.

They are bad, but if Brown doesn't learn to step up in the pocket and give them a chance to recover its gonna get worse.
My friend, you need go no further than our second play of the game, the interception to debunk pocket-gate. Brown steps up into where the pocket is *supposed* to be and can’t even shift his weight forward enough to complete the throw because our “pocket” contains a defender that just owned one of our linemen. We typically don’t HAVE a legit pocket to step up into.

Last edited:
In regard to the thread title, I’m going back through the game looking for these “pockets” that Brown was reportedly remiss in utilizing properly (we do occasionally form a semblance of a pocket but it’s in name only because we can’t hold them for shite; I wouldn’t step up in there either) and I run across the Brown-Lloyd muffed handoff and fumble. The Missouri guy that meets Lloyd and Brown in the backfield and causes the fumble looks like The Flash going by our LT no. 75, who never touches him. It’s bloody pathetic.

Last edited:
What has happened to Wonnum? He became a starter as a freshman, and has been an anchor for the OL his entire time as a Gamecock. Is it just conflicting philosophies between what he has already learned, and what Adkins is trying to teach him?

They see during practice, game and film that the OL is not really good but what has to be concerning is the depth behind them is no better or even worse. If it were, there would be changes. They need to look really hard at the portal of JUCO to fill the need of OL.

Reactions: butchrobbins
What has happened to Wonnum? He became a starter as a freshman, and has been an anchor for the OL his entire time as a Gamecock. Is it just conflicting philosophies between what he has already learned, and what Adkins is trying to teach him?
Wonnum is out for the rest of the year - injured

What has happened to Wonnum? He became a starter as a freshman, and has been an anchor for the OL his entire time as a Gamecock. Is it just conflicting philosophies between what he has already learned, and what Adkins is tryi
What has happened to Wonnum? He became a starter as a freshman, and has been an anchor for the OL his entire time as a Gamecock. Is it just conflicting philosophies between what he has already learned, and what Adkins is trying to teach him? i believe wonnum has been out most of year with injury

My friend, you need go no further than our second play of the game, the interception to debunk pocket-gate. Brown steps up into where the pocket is *supposed* to be and can’t even shift his weight forward enough to complete the throw because our “pocket” contains a defender that just owned one of our linemen. We typically don’t HAVE a legit pocket to step up into.
The 3rd down before half time to get in FG range was all Brown. He kept running backwards, the pocket was clean. Maybe Michael Vick, any other Quarterback has to step in the pocket and give his tackle's a chance to recover.

Reactions: kidrobinski
The 3rd down before half time to get in FG range was all Brown. He kept running backwards, the pocket was clean. Maybe Michael Vick, any other Quarterback has to step in the pocket and give his tackle's a chance to recover.
If that's the play I'm thinking of, yes indeed he should have stepped in that one, that was a bad move on his part; but now you're dealing with hindsight because more than most of the other pockets were not clean. He probably stopped thinking "pocket" about the start of the second quarter.

I think the talking heads (Ellis, announcers, Beamer from what I've read) actually meant that Brown has to begin implementing something other than his go-to spin move left when they said he needs to start stepping up in the pocket, because those clean pockets were few and far between at Missouri; he's going to need something other than "stepping up in a pocket" that's compromised pretty much immediately most of the time. That's one reason I've felt that right now there would be more profit in rolling him right more often, even short side.; that spin to the left is muscle memory. Given the speed of the game on the field that's going to be tough to think his way out of in one week.

Reactions: WingchunCock
New Nickname for Oline. Molasses!
To put in prospective one might say....."That Molasses like Oline is so slow our Defense went through them like $h!T through a tin goose!!

It is the combination of an average college quarterback and a below average offensive line.

The oline sucks and uses cement shoes and peabrains, out LBs are slow react excepect for Damani, and our secondary uses the cement shoes passed down from our sorry ass oline. Oh, and our coaching sucks worst than the coaches from the local Harrys High School coaches.

The oline sucks and uses cement shoes and peabrains, out LBs are slow react excepect for Damani, and our secondary uses the cement shoes passed down from our sorry ass oline. Oh, and our coaching sucks worst than the coaches from the local Harrys High School coaches.
Won't you just tell everyone how you really feel? lol.....

Brown has to begin implementing something other than his go-to spin move left
After the third one of those my 7 year old said....Dad, why does he keep doing that? To which I replied......I really don't freaking know, son. 🤪 So annoying

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT