ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks vs tarheels

For some reason, I am not too optimistic about this one.

My main thing related to the game is just trying to figure out how to use my projector to display an over the air game on the back of my house.

Pumped for a great opening matchup next weekend. No one seems to have any feel for this game will go in the slightest. I'm hoping Beamer's focus on special teams will be a difference maker. Just one of those games you sit back and see what happens. No expectations whatsoever.

Personally, I think if the kids in garnet come out and set the tone early with some physical play by the Offense big uglies up front..... we win. D line needs to get to the QB wearing the baby blue helmet the first series.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Anyone feel like discussing matchups for the opener?

As usual our O line is a question mark. Running game prospects? Can the D line pressure their QB?

Cheers and Go Cocks!
We finished extremely well last year which raised expectations for this year, which usually means we disappoint everyone. Perhaps Beamer has changed that attitude into a passion to beat the crap out of everyone team we play. I think Beamer has tried to lower expectations for freshmen and transfers but I think one or two of them will excell in the game with UNC. One thing we must do well: protect Rattler!!

I think we are going to really miss Bell- his toughness, etc.

We didn't use him as much as we should have last year but I have a feeling we are really going to find out how much we miss him pretty soon.

• Haha
Reactions: ElectricalCock89
Roosters should win the Carolina Bowl.

defending%20big%2012%20champs_zpsrnmqmswn.png

Pumped for a great opening matchup next weekend. No one seems to have any feel for this game will go in the slightest. I'm hoping Beamer's focus on special teams will be a difference maker. Just one of those games you sit back and see what happens. No expectations whatsoever.

I enjoy an opening game, such as this one. Border War, easy drive for both schools, fair test for both schools and an old longtime rivalry rekindled. I would certainly support any attempt by both schools to establish this as an annual event.

The PORTAL has changed everything though. And as was already said, "football died the first time they stopped the game for a commercial break."

I'm not a believer ......... UNCarolina 42 ... CAROLINA 38

Last edited:
Reactions: PaleoCock
I think we are going to really miss Bell- his toughness, etc.

We didn't use him as much as we should have last year but I have a feeling we are really going to find out how much we miss him pretty soon.
Personally, I think we improved at the TE position. Bell was kind of a Jack of All Trades, Master of None. Made a splash play here and there, but was not as productive as you may think. Only averaged 3.6 yds per carry (and he got enough carries to be better than that). Also, only averaged 9.2 yds per reception. May have not been targeted enough (25 catches), but a couple big plays would get that average up better than that. I like Knox more as a true TE and Simon's experience will help as well.

We are in trouble trouble with no OL or RB. 😬

Holes just are just all over the place on this team. May as well call ourselves the South Carolina Swiss Cheeses this season.

Nyck, Markee, Desmond didn’t even play! If we’re losing and our starters aren’t getting the job done. WHY NOT PUT IN YOUNG GUYS? Wtf
We were in the redzone (and that's another thing to work on) twice in the fourth quarter, not the time to put in the backups!

Yeah and our starters still didn’t get it done. So why the heck not?
Simple question and not a slam, but do you not have faith in the coaches on our staff that have been with these kids non-stop for the last month to not know who and who doesn't give you the best chance to win a game? If the answer is no you might want to avert your eyes and you might want to avert your eyes anyway, it could get ugly!

Simple question and not a slam, but do you not have faith in the coaches on our staff that have been with these kids non-stop for the last month to not know who and who doesn't give you the best chance to win a game? If the answer is no you might want to avert your eyes and you might want to avert your eyes anyway, it could get ugly!
Sometimes new blood is better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT