ADVERTISEMENT

Our offense vs. UNCs offense

DeBoer31

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2015
Not to beat a dead horse.....because I know I've harped on this offense before, but we are about to face another Air Raid offense (Phil Longo). Obviously the one bright spot I thought SB might bring is the connections he made at OU and their staff with AR or PR....but he did not.
Tennessee (Heupel) was the last AR offense we saw, and we saw how that went. Who knows how our offense will do. UNC typically does allow points, but even in their losses they were competitive.

I fear for our team's life in this game. I think it could get ugly. Sam Howell is having a homecoming for his last collegiate game, and UNC fans are the epitome of front runners so they will be out in full force. I'm hoping UNC shats the bed like in the GT or FSU game - but I don't think luck is on our side in this one. I hope our kids have as positive an experience as possible and give a great effort no matter the score. I will take a positive away from that OVER the Uconn and recent Virginia bowl game experiences.

Did you mean to say our defense vs their offense instead?
It will take a 2-3 turnovers for us to win.

Did you mean to say our defense vs their offense instead?
It will take a 2-3 turnovers for us to win.
No...I meant our O vs. their O.
It's a great look into what we could be running (whether right or wrong) vs. what we are running. This is an offense SB should have connections to for staffing and rep for recruiting.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Not to beat a dead horse.....because I know I've harped on this offense before, but we are about to face another Air Raid offense (Phil Longo). Obviously the one bright spot I thought SB might bring is the connections he made at OU and their staff with AR or PR....but he did not.
Tennessee (Heupel) was the last AR offense we saw, and we saw how that went. Who knows how our offense will do. UNC typically does allow points, but even in their losses they were competitive.

I fear for our team's life in this game. I think it could get ugly. Sam Howell is having a homecoming for his last collegiate game, and UNC fans are the epitome of front runners so they will be out in full force. I'm hoping UNC shats the bed like in the GT or FSU game - but I don't think luck is on our side in this one. I hope our kids have as positive an experience as possible and give a great effort no matter the score. I will take a positive away from that OVER the Uconn and recent Virginia bowl game experiences.
Last time we face Longo was with Muschamp at the helm in 2018
Against ole miss, I think. He tore us up. We did find a way to squeak it out thanks to some heroics from Bryan Edwarda and co. We don’t have that luxury this time. I doubt we can keep up. We will need some big plays on D to force some turnover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT