ADVERTISEMENT

Patience is key

1995Gamecock

Dec 8, 2016
Everyone needs to go ahead and get themselves into the mindset that this program is still (at least) 2 years away from being a contender. The improvement will be there next season but with the schedule we have, the perception of the progress that Muschamp has made will be skewed. I expect us to compete in most games next season but the key things that I will be looking for is for Brian McClendon's offense to build on this performance. here is no reason that our offense cannot be a top 25 offense next season. I'm looking for an improvement in D-line and linebacker play. The bottom line is that if we want to be good, we absolutely HAVE to have better play from our front 7. Finally, we absolutely have got to beat Kentucky at home next season. With games on the road at Texas A&M and UGA and home games against Alabama, Clemson, and Florida we absolutely cannot afford to crap the bed against Kentucky again at home because wins will be very hard to come by next season.

With that being said, I am excited about the progress this team has made thus far, especially on the offensive side of the football. Jake Bentley looked like a legitimate NFL QB last night and I am very excited to see him build on that performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News