ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Dimarco

It just shows you what being smart or just "keeping your head on straight" and working hard can do for one. A good lesson for any young person, not just football players.

Last edited:
Reactions: ken in sacramento
He's not really your typical fullback. Used to be fullbacks were Tom Rathman-like but now the league wants someone who can catch and have some sort of speed and occasionally block when needed. Fullbacks like Dimarco aren't in every draft.

Sure, being 6'1" and 240 lbs is great attributes to have if one is a fullback but for those of us who are not hard work can payoff, too.

Of course, my point is if you don’t have natural talent and the physical assets , hard work will not be enough to get to the NFL.

Of course, my point is if you don’t have natural talent and the physical assets , hard work will not be enough to get to the NFL.

You are correct, but it can get you into something else. There are only approximately 1800 in any one give year that is good enough to play in the NFL. Therefore, the rest of us have to do something else.

But, I guess where I originally was coming from, was the fact he was undrafted and has now been in the league for 7 years. He was not the most talented player at the time he tried out for some team but yet he has survived for 7 years. Hence, hard work had to pay off for him, is the point I'm making.

Reactions: VirgilCaine
I remember when we offered him a scholly and everyone was like "Spurrier helping out a golf buddy of his". I wish we still had PD playing for us because the kid could just ball out.

93465452_original.jpg

The Falcon offense suffered last season because they let PD go to free agency. They have tried other players to replace him but no one has even come close. The "word" was PD was signed only because of SOS's relationship with his uncle. Not sure that is a true story. Nevertheless, sure glad he was a blue collar player who has made us proud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT