ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Finebaum says he's excited about out football team

He did say that the “SEC should never have invited South Carolina” though.

I always forget that one turtle can talk, however I never listen to that Alabama loving turtle.

He actually told George Rogers (in person) he should never have won the Heisman Trophy. I’m a forgiving person, but that my friend is something I cannot get over until he recants that statement. I look at his positive comments with suspicion because he is not just a Bama fan, he is a Bama narcissist. He is not capable of any objective opinion, so any positive statements he makes has a “what’s in it for me” motivation. My guess is that he is glad some other team is on the rise to compete with GA because he fears GA is the greatest threat to Bama’s supremacy.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I don't think Finebaum has/had sinister motives driving the comments or opinions being discussed. Sometimes he's just wrong. Sometimes he's right, but we don't want to admit it.

Regarding our SEC membership; how can we say that Paul was way off-base in questioning our invitation to the conference (at that time, anyway)? The TV market/huge $ deals weren't the same 28 years ago. Plus, in 1991 our football team wasn't good, basketball wasn't good, baseball wasn't good, etc.

Now, we've become a competitive SEC football team, baseball has been a conference flagship, basketball was a conference championship and had the Final Four, plus women's sports, etc.

Just because Finebaum is wrong now doesn't make him wrong back then.

Okay then, I knew there was a reason I don't like him anyway I've never figured what make this pencil neck a so called expert.

Jon Snow...We were better than Vandy and Kentucky (except basketball) on day one. My point is...He shouldn’t have made that statement...PERIOD.

Jon Snow...We were better than Vandy and Kentucky (except basketball) on day one. My point is...He shouldn’t have made that statement...PERIOD.
We beat Vandy from Day 1. We lost 3 of our first 4 to Kentucky. Were we an awful pick for the SEC? No. But we weren't a marquee name, either. I can't imagine there were too many SEC schools excited about our admission to the conference.
I didn't like his statements either...especially at the time he made them. Nowadays, I think we have proven we belong and are a valuable member of the conference...but in retrospect, I can't blame Finebaum for his statements.

Corso never said Spurrier would never win here . He was asked outright if Spurrier could ever win the SEC at USC and he said “No”. Guess what ..... he was right , like it or not . Winning the East is not winning the SEC , especially when Cam took us to the woodshed in Atlanta . Hate him all you want , he made a statement and he was right . Also , Corso was the only game day analysis that picked us to beat Bama in 2010 .

Corso never said Spurrier would never win here . He was asked outright if Spurrier could ever win the SEC at USC and he said “No”. Guess what ..... he was right , like it or not . Winning the East is not winning the SEC , especially when Cam took us to the woodshed in Atlanta . Hate him all you want , he made a statement and he was right . Also , Corso was the only game day analysis that picked us to beat Bama in 2010 .
Then I thought wrong. Though I knew (whether right or wrong), Corso made a less than glowing remark about us. Also remember some KY writer being at least one of those who said we didn't belong in the SEC. As well as a few disparaging comments from a Knoxville writer. What I don't remember is Finebaum saying much about us during the expansion, but can't say I paid much attention to what any of them were saying.

I don't know why but Finebaum makes me think of a hairless Teletubby.

Maybe it's those ears. I need to get out more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT