ADVERTISEMENT

Piss and moan about USC fans all you want

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
Muschamp can get upset with us, we can point fingers at each other all we want, but at least we aren't as spoiled and ungreatful as Barn fans. They're RANKED and want to run Gus out of town. So forgive us that we are a little mad that we didn't beat Kentucky for the 5th year in a row. We aren't asking for the damn moon here in Columbia.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sa...s-to-raise-money-for-gus-malzahns-buyout/amp/

Muschamp can get upset with us, we can point fingers at each other all we want, but at least we aren't as spoiled and ungreatful as Barn fans. They're RANKED and want to run Gus out of town. So forgive us that we are a little mad that we didn't beat Kentucky for the 5th year in a row. We aren't asking for the damn moon here in Columbia.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sa...s-to-raise-money-for-gus-malzahns-buyout/amp/

Muschamp is mad with the fans? Did I miss that?

Muschamp is mad with the fans? Did I miss that?
Seemed to make a point about thanking the fans that stayed during the rain storm instead of the fans as a whole and the whole "don't ever question this teams heart" comment. Maybe he read that in an article but I haven't seen it anywhere so I guess someone told him about the chatter on the message boards.

Reactions: cockofdawn

They get the players they want. Huge difference in situations. They should be relevant nationally each yearz

Reactions: DarkCock
Seemed to make a point about thanking the fans that stayed during the rain storm instead of the fans as a whole and the whole "don't ever question this teams heart" comment. Maybe he read that in an article but I haven't seen it anywhere so I guess someone told him about the chatter on the message boards.

How about just coach better? Thankful for the win but this team does not look fundamentally sound. I heard that too. Not sure how it should be taken but you might be right.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Yea, you can tell by Muschamps comments that he is on the defensive big time. Talking about heart, and building a culture, that led to the victory over Mizzou. Can tell the old boy was feeling the pressure a bit.

Good Gawd, give it rest. If Muschamp is gone after the season, Charlie Strong would be the next coach here.

Even Auburn fans can only come up with -- Kiffin, Muschamp, Strong and Les Miles for their job.

Good Gawd, give it rest. If Muschamp is gone after the season, Charlie Strong would be the next coach here.

Even Auburn fans can only come up with -- Kiffin, Muschamp, Strong and Les Miles for their job.

Talent is one thing but if you watch us play we are an awful tackling team and we have a couple of guys on defense that still don’t quite know where to line up. The talent at receiver is damn good actually but you would never know it bc we are so neurotic at qb (give scar a chance). The idea is to have our guys play fast if that makes sense. I hope things turn around long term.

Maybe, there will be a lot of folks on here switching over to being Auburn fans. They would fit right in and be able to bitch and moan to their heart's content.

Reactions: rogue cock
Yea, you can tell by Muschamps comments that he is on the defensive big time. Talking about heart, and building a culture, that led to the victory over Mizzou. Can tell the old boy was feeling the pressure a bit.
OU fired their DC following their loss to UT. Their DC was only the brother of Stoops who was damn popular at OU. Some programs demand results.

Sadly, we are not one of those.

For the most part, I totally agree with you. But there is one thing that gets attention. Empty seats like you saw yesterday. Forget the crowd after the rain. It was a pathetic crowd for an SEC game. Empty seats cost money and that gets noticed. USC fans have been as patient, and supportive, as one could hope for when backing a program that in most years is mediocre. Think folks are getting tired of not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Muschamp comes highly recommended by spurrier, mack brown , and nick saban. He has our football program improving each year and recruiting is radically changed so shut the hell up about muschamp not being the coach for us. He is and will continue to do great things at Carolina. Our tallent is limited in the sec compared to bama , uga , etc but we are recruiting much better each year since he got here. Radically better. We are under achieving on offense but we will get better. We dont have quality sec depth , size , and speed on our front 7 D but we will get better. We are what we are right now but we will continue to get better each year. The man is doing a hell of a job for what he was left with. Im not worried about our coaches as much as i am concerned about the players as a whole to execute better , be more physical, eliminate their own mistakes , and continue to throw , catch, block , and tackle better. We do need to run more screens and get the ball into the hands of deebo , Edwards , shi Smith , and josh van much more. Our strength is passing the ball and that is what we need to be doing 75% of the time. Period. We do not have a marcus lattimore in the backfield by far. Their good but no where near great to be running the ball half the time. No way. Throw the dam ball more is my only gripe for the offense to improve. And the defensive front needs to be much more physical and come off blocks better and bring backs down at the point of contact instead of letting them get 3 to 5 more yards after contact. I dont like what i am seeing either but its not a coaching problem. Players need to step up.

They won the national championship in this century. He wasn't the coach when they did it. He hasn't replaced Marshal at quarterback. His wife is wacky. He's an offensive guru whose offense is lacking. Maybe if we were they, we'd be upset also.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Muschamp comes highly recommended by spurrier, mack brown , and nick saban. He has our football program improving each year and recruiting is radically changed so shut the hell up about muschamp not being the coach for us. He is and will continue to do great things at Carolina. Our tallent is limited in the sec compared to bama , uga , etc but we are recruiting much better each year since he got here. Radically better. We are under achieving on offense but we will get better. We dont have quality sec depth , size , and speed on our front 7 D but we will get better. We are what we are right now but we will continue to get better each year. The man is doing a hell of a job for what he was left with. Im not worried about our coaches as much as i am concerned about the players as a whole to execute better , be more physical, eliminate their own mistakes , and continue to throw , catch, block , and tackle better. We do need to run more screens and get the ball into the hands of deebo , Edwards , shi Smith , and josh van much more. Our strength is passing the ball and that is what we need to be doing 75% of the time. Period. We do not have a marcus lattimore in the backfield by far. Their good but no where near great to be running the ball half the time. No way. Throw the dam ball more is my only gripe for the offense to improve. And the defensive front needs to be much more physical and come off blocks better and bring backs down at the point of contact instead of letting them get 3 to 5 more yards after contact. I dont like what i am seeing either but its not a coaching problem. Players need to step up.
Muschamp will get at least five years. No use raving about what people say about him because his job security for that long is assured.

Last edited:
And I think it should be. Not easy to turn around what he was left. Remains to be seen how far or how much better he can do

Reactions: king ward
He should feel pressure until he starts winning some big games Hell you thought we made the playoffs after beating mizz

For the most part, I totally agree with you. But there is one thing that gets attention. Empty seats like you saw yesterday. Forget the crowd after the rain. It was a pathetic crowd for an SEC game. Empty seats cost money and that gets noticed. USC fans have been as patient, and supportive, as one could hope for when backing a program that in most years is mediocre. Think folks are getting tired of not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope you are right.

That auburn Buyout is huge. To fire Gus would be around $32 million with his new contract. He’s not going to be there a very long time.

you make some good points. But I have heard the size, speed etc and being young argument for way too long. There comes a time to put up or shut up. If current staff doesn't get it done in 5 yrs when a new staff comes, the same comments will be repeated. It seems to be the same old thing.....

I think you're right. But it doesn't stop the "message board ADs" from speculating.
He'll probably rebound enough to make them relevant again in the West. But that offense requires a true dual-threat quarterback, which they currently don't have. They don't have a Kerrion Johnson, either.

Well, OTOH we have eyes. We see our team and our offense and our DL and we watch other teams.

Muschamp isn't gone after this season barring him getting caught with a corpse in the trunk of his car. That said, he's a tough guys that makes a lot of money. Harden up. Fans complain sometimes. It comes with the job.

Muschamp will get at least five years. No use raving about what people say about him because his job security for that long is assured.

I agree. In year 2 we beat the teams we should beat (every year). We also won a few that were toss ups, and overachieved for only year 2 under CWM. We are all a bit frustrated with our showing vs KY. We all get that we are no where near GA and Clemson right now, but at some point we have to start beating the KY’s, FL’s, TN’s, TA&M’s, and whoever the other middle-of-the-road SEC West team is on our schedule. We’ll know what we have for sure after next week vs TA&M. A win could really boost this team to finish the season strong, and a loss might turn into 3 or 4 more. We’ll see. I guess it’s true that the next big game is the next one you play, regardless of who it is.

Reactions: stevestrat2
Muschamp isn't gone after this season barring him getting caught with a corpse in the trunk of his car. That said, he's a tough guys that makes a lot of money. Harden up. Fans complain sometimes. It comes with the job.

I have no problem with him calling fans or the media out. Spurrier called out Ron Morris. That worked out great. Dawn Staley called out king ward and that worked out great.

‘Be fans, don’t be coaches’

https://www.islandpacket.com/sports/college/article133058924.html

I'm sure what he said was calculated for his team. In the end, he's got to win. Who cares what he says about the fans?

Reactions: king ward
I have no problem with him calling fans or the media out. Spurrier called out Ron Morris. That worked out great. Dawn Staley called out king ward and that worked out great.

I'm sure what he said was calculated for his team. In the end, he's got to win. Who cares what he says about the fans?
I must have missed it. Might have been on the golf course or taking a nap.

Give me a break. Carolina fans would act the exact same way. Malzahn wouldn't suit us either

Depending on the corpse, some of us might still give him time.

I know I don't. But he has more to lose than the fans do.

I agree. In year 2 we beat the teams we should beat (every year). We also won a few that were toss ups, and overachieved for only year 2 under CWM. We are all a bit frustrated with our showing vs KY. We all get that we are no where near GA and Clemson right now, but at some point we have to start beating the KY’s, FL’s, TN’s, TA&M’s, and whoever the other middle-of-the-road SEC West team is on our schedule. We’ll know what we have for sure after next week vs TA&M. A win could really boost this team to finish the season strong, and a loss might turn into 3 or 4 more. We’ll see. I guess it’s true that the next big game is the next one you play, regardless of who it is.
I had figured to beat Florida this year.

Why wouldn't he go out of his way to thank the fans that stayed? Oppressive heat, then a deluge, then a lengthy delay. The fans that stayed the entirety deserved extra praise. Praising them doesn't mean Muschamp doesn't appreciate all fans, and to say so is making it something it's not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT