ADVERTISEMENT

Players are already offering their services to companies

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003

Look for people like Jay Phillips who complain about the NCAA every freaking day. To be complaining about kids getting money under the table now more than ever. Nobody will be able to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

I don't understand why people are complaining about this for us. We obviously we couldn't put it together under the old system. Maybe we have a chance to be better with this system.

Reactions: Tmac069
I don't know its Genesis. But, players at different programs are literally sending the same exact, word-for-word message across social media platforms. Here's one that was posted by Jager Burton, a Sophomore OT @ UK. Notice the resemblance?

E41vb40WEAc0-6u

Jason Brown has posted the same message as Colten so it looks to be uniform across the board

So if I want to pay the number one high school senior QB a million dollars advertise my lawn business I could? Now we can't make an official deal that he goes to Carolina, but behind the scenes, the family and I can basically make said deal over that million dollars?
Naw, there's no way cheating won't happen with this new rule/law. This basically finishes off the term amateur athletes, and/or the term student athlete in a way. Once they change the rules so that you can go pro at any age in football, grades won't matter at all either.

So if I want to pay the number one high school senior QB a million dollars advertise my lawn business I could? Now we can't make an official deal that he goes to Carolina, but behind the scenes, the family and I can basically make said deal over that million dollars?
Naw, there's no way cheating won't happen with this new rule/law. This basically finishes off the term amateur athletes, and/or the term student athlete in a way. Once they change the rules so that you can go pro at any age in football, grades won't matter at all either.
Please tell me you're really not this naive?

Hello. My name is QB 1 and 2+2= blue. I may not be not un smart but I be rich.

They really are. If you're familiar with the NFL PRE-93 or NCAA basketball pre-2005ish....you know how good those leagues/systems were. Whatever was going on....it was working.
But a combo of free agency, player greed/thinking they were ready but really weren't ready on a large scale, and behind the scenes money grabs by brokers (pimp/agents, pushers, etc) ruined both of those leagues/sports.

Our beloved NCAA football is next.

Reactions: TAV31
I don't understand why people are complaining about this for us. We obviously we couldn't put it together under the old system. Maybe we have a chance to be better with this system.
If we had no history, I might agree with you. Our management could mess up a ham sandwich so, I am sure they would screw this up. We really should have graduated more billionaires and maybe we'd have a shot. The new NIL stuff will actually put us in a worse position. SC is soon to be Vandy without the academic reputation.

So glad Kingston got that extension, nothing like not making the CWS to spell success.

It doesn't help us at all. Probably puts us at a greater disadvantage.

Reactions: TAV31
There will be those who dive deep into this to find every loophole and envelope edge to push to use this for recruiting advantages. I have zero confidence that we will be one of those - at least not as a department-wide approach (although Beamer's recruiting prowess and drive gives me a little hope for football).

There will be those who dive deep into this to find every loophole and envelope edge to push to use this for recruiting advantages. I have zero confidence that we will be one of those - at least not as a department-wide approach (although Beamer's recruiting prowess and drive gives me a little hope for football).
If history is any guide we will be about 5 - 10 years behind and only 60% committed to whatever competitive edge is proven effective.

And please tell me you aren’t this stupid…you can now
Pay any athlete any amount as an “intern” at a boosters business as long as it’s classified as educational..amateur athletics are over
I've long thought that the key to paying players above board would be to start a semi-pro slow pitch softball league to funnel money to your players. The previous rules only punished schools that followed them. Now schools like Carolina that aren't good at cheating will have an advantage, because they have money and can just pay players above board.

How? Are our boosters unwilling to pay for recruits?

I can’t imagine our fan base has less money than Clemson.

Things that other schools were already doing illegally to entice recruits will simply use this ruling to redouble their efforts in that area. It doesn't level the playing field at all. It's really just made it easier for those schools to pay players.

Reactions: TAV31 and 92Pony
Things that other schools were already doing illegally to entice recruits will simply use this ruling to redouble their efforts in that area. It doesn't level the playing field at all. It's really just made it easier for those schools to pay players.
I mean it’s not like we weren’t doing things illegally as well. We just seemed to suck at it and actually got caught.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT