ADVERTISEMENT

Please, all of you answer a simple question about contributing towards an NIL fund.

"aGood point. Doesn’t the NCAA have to find a way to punish someone for something in order to justify their existence?
They've had rules with punishments in order to preserve the amateur status of the athletes. If you are caught, you will pay. The issue has always been whether their investigative abilities were strong enough to make their enforcement effective. But having the rules and being able to occasionally enforce them at least gave the appearance of "amateur" competition....and held at bay other issues that now may rear their ugly head.

Reactions: titaniumspur
Well, his fame wouldn’t be very high if he were third string - though it could be (he could have a big social media following). He could also be using his platform as a football player (albeit third string in this hypothetical) to discuss his favorite things. He could be a gamer that gets sponsored by someone who makes chairs for gamers. There are so many ways that these kids want to “build their brand” and actual stats on the field make up a small portion of that.

But even as a starter Todd Ellis wasn’t great at anything except throwing interceptions, but he still could have cleaned up back in his day.

And yes, great play can be a fast way to fame, but it’s hardly the only way.

This guy gets it.

Well, his fame wouldn’t be very high if he were third string - though it could be (he could have a big social media following). He could also be using his platform as a football player (albeit third string in this hypothetical) to discuss his favorite things. He could be a gamer that gets sponsored by someone who makes chairs for gamers. There are so many ways that these kids want to “build their brand” and actual stats on the field make up a small portion of that.

But even as a starter Todd Ellis wasn’t great at anything except throwing interceptions, but he still could have cleaned up back in his day.

And yes, great play can be a fast way to fame, but it’s hardly the only way.
You’re the guy that thinks selling a pencil for 20 grand and throwing in two super bowl tickets isn’t scalping.

You’re the guy that thinks selling a pencil for 20 grand and throwing in two super bowl tickets isn’t scalping.

Actually the exact opposite. I’m a “you know it when you see it” guy - from paying too much for a marketing deal, to knowing what scalping is (though I don’t know why scalping is illegal).

I really hate to see my country losing its sanity. Perhaps every college and university should disband all their intercollegiate sports and concentrate on academics. Let the kids play intramural sports for fun and physical exercise. Just having my grumpy old man moment. How did we go to hell in a handbasket so quickly?

I just want to ask a simple question. Share your opinions about it if you'd like, but at least answer my question.

Do you think there are at least 50,000 Gamecock fans out there that would donate $100 per year to an NIL fund to pay to players?

That would be less than 28 cents per day, and would be an annual amount of $5 million. When you break it down to almost a quarter a day, it's hard to turn that down, you cheap bastards!

Thank you for your time.
A lot would, but nowhere near 50,000.

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
As long as I am still contributing to my own kid's college fund, it's probably unlikely I'll contribute money to a scholarship athlete's bank account. I wish them the best, but I have to keep my priorities in order.

I just want to ask a simple question. Share your opinions about it if you'd like, but at least answer my question.

Do you think there are at least 50,000 Gamecock fans out there that would donate $100 per year to an NIL fund to pay to players?

That would be less than 28 cents per day, and would be an annual amount of $5 million. When you break it down to almost a quarter a day, it's hard to turn that down, you cheap bastards!

Thank you for your time.
Well this is what you call entitlement. The boosters already pay for their education, meals, first class travel, all medical expenses, tickets to the athletic events. If you put a price tag on that it would come close to about $400,000 a year. More than the majority of the people who buy tickets, join the booster club. Oh by the way it has also been determined that less than 0.001% of all the players who get all these benefits even give back to the university after their eligibility is over. Then you call people these vulgar names, you are probably a clemson troller, so like they say consider the source.

Well this is what you call entitlement. The boosters already pay for their education, meals, first class travel, all medical expenses, tickets to the athletic events. If you put a price tag on that it would come close to about $400,000 a year. More than the majority of the people who buy tickets, join the booster club. Oh by the way it has also been determined that less than 0.001% of all the players who get all these benefits even give back to the university after their eligibility is over. Then you call people these vulgar names, you are probably a clemson troller, so like they say consider the source.
Well, I did ask people to share their opinions. I didn't exclude stupid opinions.

Reactions: coolcock2001
Hell no. Too old I guess.
Contribute so a guy can sit out whenever he feels like it? I’m not funding a platform for someone who is already getting an education for free. On some level my taxes fund that so that’s enough.
What happens when a business wants to do a ad shoot with the running back on the Friday of an away game in College Station?
This is big. Big problems!

Contribute so a guy can sit out whenever he feels like it? I’m not funding a platform for someone who is already getting an education for free. On some level my taxes fund that so that’s enough.
What happens when a business wants to do a ad shoot with the running back on the Friday of an away game in College Station?
That Scenario is a big big reach. Some of y’all and your what if’s crack me up. College football will be just fine.

So you would rather just lose?

Entitlement? That you Dabo?

This is such faulty logic.

It doesn’t matter if you’re paying someone 400k but they’re actually worth 500k. They’re still not being fairly compensated.

Nobody accepts anything reasonable anymore. Once the NCAA gave some, they would demand more. And even this probably won't be the end of it.
My thoughts exactly. This is completely open-ended. But many people will discover that their individual marketability has definite limits. They won't like it, but no college kid is going to bully a market. Not even the pros can do that when the value isn't there.

This is such faulty logic.

It doesn’t matter if you’re paying someone 400k but they’re actually worth 500k. They’re still not being fairly compensated.
Not sure where you took economics from but it does matter. Sure these kids do a got but they get more in return, not a lot of the common people who pay the bills at these schools make #$400,000 a year. Plus it has been determined that less than0.01% of all the athletes who get all these benefits, hardly any of them give back to their schools. Yes this is the entitlement these kids are being taught by the adults at home and in schools today. What a shame!

Reactions: Cybercock
Not sure where you took economics from but it does matter. Sure these kids do a got but they get more in return, not a lot of the common people who pay the bills at these schools make #$400,000 a year. Plus it has been determined that less than0.01% of all the athletes who get all these benefits, hardly any of them give back to their schools. Yes this is the entitlement these kids are being taught by the adults at home and in schools today. What a shame!
I took Economics from Doug Woodward and I’m sure he would disagree with you.

I took Economics from Doug Woodward and I’m sure he would disagree with you.
Lets just say this. We can agree to disagree. Doug Woodward is not the person I would want to follow in my life at making basic common life decisions. Have a good day.

Lets just say this. We can agree to disagree. Doug Woodward is not the person I would want to follow in my life at making basic common life decisions. Have a good day.
That is a pretty big flip. You ask the guy who he took Econ from. He names a professor at USC. You tell him eh, I don't care about that guy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: uscwatson21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT