ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: 2016 Season Prediction

What Is USCs end of regular season record going to be in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

colaheat

Jul 30, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I hope everyone had a chance to watch the Spring Game yesterday. Interested to see what you think our record will be at the end of the season last year. I picked 3-9 last year and was crucified by the board for being so negative. I'm kicking off this year with a prediction of 5-7 and possibly a 6-6 season. Interested to see what the rest of you think.

Anyone else want to go on the record with their predictions?
I'll toss mine out there...I'm saying 7-5.

I think the defense will be much better, but we have a long way to go on offense. We'll probably struggle early with the HUNH and see a lot of false starts, miscommunication and 3 & outs.

Hope I'm totally wrong though!

I don't recall what I predicted last year, but I went with 8-4 this year. A hunch, folks, a hunch. Look, we lost at least 2 games last year on attitude alone. I figure we'll get those back this year and maybe 1-2 more, which computes to 7-4. I then threw in the Clempson game for good measure. Voila! 8-4.

Reactions: bmhood1984
I hope everyone had a chance to watch the Spring Game yesterday. Interested to see what you think our record will be at the end of the season last year. I picked 3-9 last year and was crucified by the board for being so negative. I'm kicking off this year with a prediction of 5-7 and possibly a 6-6 season. Interested to see what the rest of you think.
Bologna you pick 3-9 last year.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
7-5 was my choice. If, we have a losing record at the end of the season, then I will still be fine with that. IMO year number two and three with Muschamp will be winning seasons. We are going to pull in too much talent, not to be able to have success. Now,the crazy ass Gamecock fan in me that has no comprehension of reality( kinda like living in a Taters world) is screaming 12-0 SEC Championship Playoff win and National Title. 15-0 baby.

anywhere from 6-6 to 9-3

Tough schedule to start out with having sec road games but I really believe there is more talent on this team than most would have you believe.

I picked 8-4 fwiw

Reactions: rando7
This team is capable of turning a lot of those close losses last year into wins this year. Anything less than 7-5 or even 8-4 would be extremely disappointing.

No proven QB,RB,WR and weak in the secondary. Plus 1st 3 conf on the road. Do you think they would do that to anybody else ?. 5-7

Reactions: cockofthegoat
Coaching alone will be a difference I won't predict w/l but I believe we will see a bowl game. We'll be in better condition and maybe won't wilt in the 4th.

5-7. We win one of the first two, then maybe either Missouri or UK. Don't see any other sec wins with so many questions on both sides of the ball

I'm probably just as worried about our secondary as I am about our offense. Having said that, I predict we go:

13-7

Disclaimer: I was not a math major.

surprise-face-gif.gif

I'm going with 7-5.
With 2 of the first 3 games being on the road in the SEC I think 7-5 is reasonable. Can't see us doing a lot better or a lot worst than this. 5-7 would be a disappointing 1st season & 9-3 would be an exceptional one. Hoping for a winning season nonetheless.

I'm looking at 8-4. I hope our defense is one TD better and fairly certain that the offense will be one TD better. That should turn those 5 close games to our favor. Also, I think this team will have better coaching and a MUCH better attitude.

Reactions: bmhood1984
6-6 in Muschamp's first year will be a success. This is going to be a fun year, that's for sure.
Muschamp was so calm yesterday, even smiling & laughing. He's not usually like that on the sidelines. I kept waiting for him to go off. Real games will be totally different. Like you said, should be fun.

I was going to say 15-0 as well. Seriously though, and it's a dead horse, but I'd like to see much better coaching from the AC's (which already seems to be happening), the best players actually playing (certain positions we've discussed about 1000x in the past, it didn't always seem that was the case), and beating UT and UGA at home would be stellar. UF in The Swamp is tough, as are the Taters in Dead Valley, we've yet to beat aTm in the SEC, and we should beat the "gimmes." Time to put UK back in their place, beat Vandy (again), and, we owe Mizzou. The cupboard is not bare, but, there is still a lonnnnng way to go. 8-4 would be excellent. Future is bright......:cool:

Curious, who are the L's?
Cocks lose one of the first 5, likely A&M, then Georgia and Florida. As for Clemson, they could have the Panthers roster and I STILL would never pick them to win...call it being a homer, unrealistic, whatever you want but they could play a middle school and I would pick the 6th graders. It is just who I am.

Cocks lose one of the first 5, likely A&M, then Georgia and Florida. As for Clemson, they could have the Panthers roster and I STILL would never pick them to win...call it being a homer, unrealistic, whatever you want but they could play a middle school and I would pick the 6th graders. It is just who I am.
Lol. Nice. clemsux was supposed to score 70 on us last year & we see how that turned out. Anything can happen. Go Cocks!!

7-5 was my choice. If, we have a losing record at the end of the season, then I will still be fine with that. IMO year number two and three with Muschamp will be winning seasons. We are going to pull in too much talent, not to be able to have success. Now,the crazy ass Gamecock fan in me that has no comprehension of reality( kinda like living in a Taters world) is screaming 12-0 SEC Championship Playoff win and National Title. 15-0 baby.

What a disheartening thing to read.

Champ told Mack Brown during Spring Game, "We have enough talent to win the East. This is not a rebuild".

I would tend to think like many others that 6-6, 7-5 is likely. But there is talent on this team, just look at the ratings of some of the players along the LOS. There was talent last year too, but good gawd our defense was bad. When you have talent and you suck, that's coaching. Based on the history of this staff, defense will have much better coaching this year.

It would have been easy for Muschamp to downplay expectations for this season and no one would have questioned him, but he didn't. He must actually think this team has a chance to be good. Combine Muschamp's assessment of the talent to one of the more favorable schedules we've ever had and maybe this team can win 9 like some are predicting.

If we win the first two games then i say 8 and 4, if not then 7and 5 or 6and 6.

I said 8-5 but probably 7-6. Our coaching is way better but our talent level is not where it needs to be in the SEC. That said the east is still down and has new coaches so who knows.

Oh yee of little faith....My best guess is 9-3....Anyone picking less than 8 wins for this team is simply not being realistic....Maybe the pessimism is the lingering effect of Spurrier quitting on the program after the Outback Bowl win over Wisconsin....There is more talent on the team thatn our fans and the media believe...Our players will be much fitter, stronger, tougher, better coached and more highly motivated...I understand the concerns about the secondary...It is certain that Jarmarcus King and the likely addition of one more stud corner in August will boost our secondary to winning levels...Our defense has already been undeked and de-whammied...Helms and Bailey will make the middle of our Oline ferocious and nasty...We will be the surprise of college football this season...Stop whinning and expecting the worst...Get your chins up and show that Gamecock pride as our roosters resume to kicking arse again....

My one caviat is Perry Orth...If Muschamp is silly enough to fool with Orth as our starter, my prediction sinks to 6-6.....I say let's roll with McIlwain, Bentley and Nunez...Any of those 3 will do better than Orth

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT