ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Bentley Transfer Spots

Aug 6, 2017
I've been trying to think of some logical destinations that Bentley may transfer to. Probably need to have a senior QB this year or just nobody good, Power 5 or close to it, be somewhere relatively close and have decent talent around.

The team I think makes the most sense is Central Florida. Wimbush will be gone, they have nobody with experience behind him and they play a style best suited for him to try to show off.

Others I thought of: Houston, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Purdue, TCU, West Virginia

Wow, thanks I’m sure everyone is clear on that now. Lol . I hope he stays for his redshirt senior year.

In what capacity? He certainly doesn't want to be backup and there's no way we send RH back to the bench after burning his red shirt.

In what capacity? He certainly doesn't want to be backup and there's no way we send RH back to the bench after burning his red shirt.
Not sure, right now, Hilinski has played one game. I hope he does as good as we hope. As for burning his red shirt the best player will always play. Hilinski may very well be the better Qb at end of the year. Who knows,

Not sure, right now, Hilinski has played one game. I hope he does as good as we hope. As for burning his red shirt the best player will always play. Hilinski may very well be the better Qb at end of the year. Who knows,

I'm just wondering though, since you said you hope he stays for his RS Senior season, what scenarios you envision that being possible. (not saying you're wrong)

To me it would mean either that RH isn't as good as advertised and we need Jake back or that Jake is willing to come back and backup RH.

I'm just wondering though, since you said you hope he stays for his RS Senior season, what scenarios you envision that being possible. (not saying you're wrong)

To me it would mean either that RH isn't as good as advertised and we need Jake back or that Jake is willing to come back and backup RH.
My perspective is being mean, or kind, or owing, or even what’s fair has nothing to to do with it. It’s who is the best player and who gives you the best chance to win. As far as scenarios I’m not sure, Bentley could start, be backup or Champ could play both. My point is right now no one knows. I just hope he’s stays. If he doesn’t I wish him the best, but I think we are better with him than without him.

There is no good situation that keeps him here. Bottom line.

With that said, to OP's question, Jake will probably be at a mid tier P5 school. If Kelly Bryant can find somewhere to go, surely Jake has as much value.

Agree. I can only see it not being awkward if RH is very clearly not up to snuff or if he gets injured and can't play next season. Otherwise, there's no scenario where it's not awkward.

Admittedly, I wasn't Jake's biggest fan, but it'll still be weird to see him finish off his career as something other than a Gamecock. Would be an odd situation. He won't be transferring out b/c of any animosity or not being given an opportunity to start like most transfers.

Good gawd, with all the injuries we had last year, I'm not sure why fans would want to run off ANY players, unless they are creating problems.
Glad DJ didn't listen to these experts, he's now the 2nd string QB and contributing at other positions.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Good gawd, with all the injuries we had last year, I'm not sure why fans would want to run off ANY players, unless they are creating problems.
Glad DJ didn't listen to these experts, he's now the 2nd string QB and contributing at other positions.
A year later and wasted, yes. Glad he was patient, but these guys only have 4 to make an impact and to get on film for the league. Why waste it if you feel you can be better used somewhere else. I guess you think Feaster should have stayed at Clemson too?

Reactions: ddw1263
I've been trying to think of some logical destinations that Bentley may transfer to. Probably need to have a senior QB this year or just nobody good, Power 5 or close to it, be somewhere relatively close and have decent talent around.

The team I think makes the most sense is Central Florida. Wimbush will be gone, they have nobody with experience behind him and they play a style best suited for him to try to show off.

Others I thought of: Houston, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Purdue, TCU, West Virginia
Did you come from cockytalk?

Way to early to even speculate which teams will need a qb.

Hope Jake's surgery, healing and rehab all go well. He can take a medical redshirt, and return next year. We can then redshirt Luke Doty. Have Jake play 2020 with Hilinski as his backup. Only thing that would change this line of thinking for me is if Hilinski continues to play out the remainder of the season with the hot hand he has started with. If that happens, things get interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT