ADVERTISEMENT

Post-election day special: would you rather?

Which would you rather accomplish?

• Total voters
I said beat Clemson 30yrs in a row. Their fans are the people that I see and interact with day-in and day-out. Without being Bama, and winning multiple championships, a single national title wouldn’t really change the national perception of our program anyway. Jmo

May sound funny but I wouldn't want to beat Clemson 30 years in a row. Maybe 7-8 in a row, then let them win one, regain their cockiness, then run off another 7-8 in a row (kinda like they're doing us right now).
As much as I hate losing to them, I think the rivalry suffers when one team dominates for years and years. How many times have posters on this site posted a W-L season prediction, and predicted a loss to Clemson? Clemson fans read it too and seldom comment on it now because they agree.
At the same time, I don't want to lose to them more than once out of two years. I don't foresee a NC in my lifetime. Every time we hire an idiot HC, it wastes at least 10 years of my life without seeing one (5-6 years to fire him, then 4-5 years of solid and smart recruiting by the next HC).

Reactions: cockofdawn
Title is forever, and if we are "ever" flirting with a title, we will have our shot at clem-tech.

Is this in a galaxy far far away, and another StarWars spinoff or is Belicheck leaving New England for us ?

• Haha
Reactions: Brace1 and DrMickey
I can't believe how many fans don't care about winning a Championship. I always thought it was the Administration. It's easy to see how we have accepted mediocrity with fans who dont care about winning a Championship.

I realize this goes against the body of the question, but I tend to believe that if we had the talent within our program to beat Clempson 30 years in a row, we would be competitive enough to possibly play for the title during those 30 years.

Give me the title. Even one NC would change the national perception fo us forever.
Would be nice to think that, but just ask BYU (84), Georgia Tech (90) and Colorado (90), they all won the NC in the years indicated. National perception changed briefly but certainly not forever.
Winning 8+ games a year for an extended period of time is the cure for changing the national perception.

Would be nice to think that, but just ask BYU (84), Georgia Tech (90) and Colorado (90), they all won the NC in the years indicated. National perception changed briefly but certainly not forever.
Winning 8+ games a year for an extended period of time is the cure for changing the national perception.
Yeah BUT- the NC then was always/ often disputed... as indicated by your two teams “winning it” in 1990z. Still I remember that year and do still think of Ga Tech as a NC team... Kinda. Winning it now with the playoff and increased fanfare and increased legitimacy “it just means more” if I may quote the SEC. perhaps “forever” was an exaggeration obviously- just saying it can turn the tide better than anything.

I'll be honest. I hate those sons-of-bitches. I don't have nearly as many days left on this good Earth as I have lived, but I would love to see 10 or more straight W's over those bastards in the Hill Country before I leave.

National championship and it’s a no brainer for me. If you win the NC it means you’re probably going to be good for a while, and good enough to win it again. I’d take 4-6 against Clemmons every 10 years if a NC or 2 or 3 come with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT