ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for Cocks/Clem game

This could get ugly.

Clemson is not a top team but they are playing well. I look at them a lot like Missouri - even though I think Missouri is a bit better with a better QB.

Clemson has a talented defensive line and their offense isn't flashy like in the past but they do have a solid running game and do have a few more playmakers than Kentucky.

Watching a bit of the UNC game, Clemson is playing well right now and they are a lot healthier than we are.

Thinking something like 37-20.

This could get ugly.

Clemson is not a top team but they are playing well. I look at them a lot like Missouri - even though I think Missouri is a bit better with a better QB.

Clemson has a talented defensive line and their offense isn't flashy like in the past but they do have a solid running game and do have a few more playmakers than Kentucky.

Watching a bit of the UNC game, Clemson is playing well right now and they are a lot healthier than we are.

Thinking something like 37-20.
I think that’s a spot-on score prediction. Clemson will find a lot of success running against us.

31-16 Clemson.

For the upset to happen it'll take backyard football play like last year and go for it on every 4th down and hope they turn the ball over multiple times. If Clemson just plays a clean game on offense they'll be tough to beat. Especially if they get constant pressure with their D-Line on top of it.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
31-16 Clemson.

For the upset to happen it'll take backyard football play like last year and go for it on every 4th down and hope they turn the ball over multiple times. If Clemson just plays a clean game on offense they'll be tough to beat. Especially if they get constant pressure with their D-Line on top of it.

Yep

After watching a replay of our game last year this past week - we had more weapons last year. A healthy Wells had some nice moments last year.

Marcus Satterfield actually called a really smart game.

Plus, we were fortunate Clemson's QB was so "off" in that game. He just played awful- overthrowing players constantly, forcing stuff, etc..

Their QB this year, when he plays within himself which he's been doing lately, is tough to overcome because he just doesn't try to do so much. That's a positive.

I don't see any way we win this one. Their strengths are really bad areas for us.

Reactions: SomebodyLookatThis
It's a home night game. This is our super bowl. Protect Rattler is the biggest issue I see in the game. Do that and we win. The clem qb is good for a few fvck ups a game, have capitalize on those. They play in a weak conference and have still lost a bunch of games. A loss to probably the worst clem team in a decade at home and not making a bowl game in year 3, while 90% of your offense will be gone after this season is making the future look bleak next year and so on. This might be the biggest game of Beams career.

Clemson is finally clicking this season (Thanks to the Tyler from Spartanburg plant and ensuing scripted rant). Our OL and DL are consistently ineffective against any/all comp. I think it will be frustratingly ugly;

44-13 clemmons

clemson's defensive line will be like Pac Man and thus swallow our offensive line. If people don't see that coming, they are blind. clemson 42- Carolina 17.

Are our chances for an upset hopeless? Well, no. The most hostile environment clemson played in this season was 57,000 seat capacity NC State, where clemson lost. If the mostly Carolina fans in 85,000 seat capacity Williams-Brice are wild and crazy, there's a chance.

clemson's defensive line will be like Pac Man and thus swallow our offensive line. If people don't see that coming, they are blind. clemson 42- Carolina 17.

Are our chances for an upset hopeless? Well, no. The most hostile environment clemson played in this season was 57,000 seat capacity NC State, where clemson lost. If the mostly Carolina fans in 85,000 seat capacity Williams-Brice are wild and crazy, there's a chance.

I think ther DL abuses our OL consistently. I also think we should throw the kitchen sink at their running game and make the QB beat us.

We need turnovers, they've been giving those out a lot this year.

Last year's game shows how unpredictable rivalry games can be. We can upset the Tigers because we have clear advantages at QB and receivers.
Get ahead and make Clemson move out of their running game. Get turnovers and ride the spectator electricity to a close win
USC 31. Clemson 28

If we can't run the ball at all, Clemson may set the sack record in our stadium.

We are paper thin at RB.

Can we slow down Clemson's running game?

Do I have enough Crown & Ginger Ale or do I need to stock up?

Don't give Klempson too much credit after all they are 7th in the ACC and have not been strong on the road. They play their best football at home and WB ain't their home. Slow the run and get off the field and we will be fine.

Don't give Klempson too much credit after all they are 7th in the ACC and have not been strong on the road. They play their best football at home and WB ain't their home. Slow the run and get off the field and we will be fine.
INDEED!! Posters on here are making Taters sound like the second coming of the 1972 Dolphins or 2007 Patriots!! their QB sucks, If the OLine does what they are supposed to, and the Dline performs as well, SC wins this game!!

Reactions: uscdoc
INDEED!! Posters on here are making Taters sound like the second coming of the 1972 Dolphins or 2007 Patriots!! their QB sucks, If the OLine does what they are supposed to, and the Dline performs as well, SC wins this game!!

I don't think anyone is really saying that at all.

Clemson by 10-14. USC will have a tough time blocking them up front and their defensive backfield is pretty good. The best defense USC has faced in a while. I don’t see USC having much success in the run game. The one glimmer of hope is that Clemson’s offense has a way of shooting themselves in the foot. They will turn the ball over if you let them. They will fumble at the worst times, and if you can get some pressure on their QB he will throw it up for grabs. USC needs a couple critical turnovers and have the ball bounce their way on special teams. But if both teams play their normal game, Clemson is more talented and should win by a couple scores

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Has @BattleshipTexas given his projection yet?
I have no idea who will win. Both teams have been very erratic this year. Clemson lost to teams like Duke and NC State, that they would have stomped in past years. SC giving Georgia and Florida good games, but not quite closing the games out for upsets. Either team could win, a loss or win isn't a certainty.

Gamecocks have to rely heavily on causing turnovers and protecting the quarterback. Something that has been lacking

I think both programs migrated back, or for just this season reflecting what they historically are. Where the games are somewhat close with Clemson winning most of the time. It seems when you go back and look at the W/L’s… Clemson will win like 2 or 3 in a row while Carolina wins every 3 or 4th game.

Clemson’s a mid-level performing program.

Carolina’s a low-level to med-level performing program.

Carolina 10. Clemson 24.

we win 28-17 but our capacity is around 77,500 now...

Shipley and Mafah have 1600 yards and 15 touchdowns between them. I don't see Our D stopping them, But Shipley ran well on us last year too. Clemson is only giving up 166 yards/gm and 11 Passing TDs through the air. Our strength is passing. However, Clemson is giving up 123 yards Rushing/gm and 14 rushing Touchdowns. If we could run on them we may have a chance.

Not sure we can. My biggest concern is Clemson's D. Trotter is their leading tackler and he is the Complete package as a defender, TFL.Sacks, FF, Int. He is a LB with Secondary Skills. He isn't alone. He may lead their team in tackles, but he shares the Stat Sheet with a talented, Athletic Group of Defenders. I researched their stats on D and thought it was ridiculous how they have so much talented depth on D. I was like good grief. Not sure how they can get all of those defenders playing time.

No wonder they were ranked #5 in the Country on D. I don't see us winning this game. Not sure how we protect Rattler. But i am truly a Homer and I refuse to give them the higher score

USC 31 Clemson 21

Not sure of the outcome, but I like to think the crowd can really get Klubdik out of the game. I give him major props if he shows up to a rowdy crowd and picks us apart ala 2003.

We need the OL and a second WR to step up. Clemson is not going to let XL beat them.
Indeed. We had numerous playmakers at WR and TE last year. This year we only have one playmaker at WR and none at TE. Harbor will be great in coming years but he won’t impact the game at all this year.

Reactions: Ward Jr
It could be a long evening if we don't come up with some wrinkles on offense. Last weekend was a lot of Rattler trying to buy time until a receiver broke free from busted coverage.

I'm surprised we haven't been able to find some type of slot receiver production to help mitigate the OL woes. A. Brown did have a beautiful play against Vandy playing in that position but they never really revisited it.

Our defense has definitely been gambling more these last few weeks. They are likely going to have to continue to take chances tomorrow if we're going to try to hang in this one. If they can get some consistent heat on the QB, our young secondary looks like they've evolved to the point that they might be able to capitalize.

Always a homer on rivalry week. USC: 34 Clemson: 31.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
I honestly believe this game will be close from the start. But I believe Clemson's defense is the difference maker. My guess is :

Clemson 23 - 17.

Clemson's defense is much better than anything we've faced since Georgia.

We had a few more weapons at WR last year than we do this year and our offensive line is a mess.

we can't expect their QB to play as bad as their QB did last year. IN fact, I don't even expect them to ask him to do as much as they did their QB last year. I think they focus on running the ball a bit more this year- something we just can't stop.

Going to be a long night.

Clemson's defense is much better than anything we've faced since Georgia.

We had a few more weapons at WR last year than we do this year and our offensive line is a mess.

we can't expect their QB to play as bad as their QB did last year. IN fact, I don't even expect them to ask him to do as much as they did their QB last year. I think they focus on running the ball a bit more this year- something we just can't stop.

Going to be a long night.

He will need to throw to beat us. We do well at selling out to stop the run. But in the process we leave those middle range passes open the QB has to hit and the WRs are free to make first downs off them.

He will need to throw to beat us. We do well at selling out to stop the run. But in the process we leave those middle range passes open the QB has to hit and the WRs are free to make first downs off them.

That's not hard to do against most of our secondary. You don't have to be great at QB to pick us apart -especially with a good running game.

Taters are 1-3 on the road. Only win at Syracuse. We play good at home, especially at night.

Gamecocks 27 Taters 24.

Reactions: Ward Jr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT