ADVERTISEMENT

Presbyterian hadn't beaten us since 1948

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
More records for Chad. Going for five consecutive SEC series losses in a row this weekend.

Another record for Holbrook was the distinction of losing the first opening day game at the new stadium. That was certainly an omen for the season...!!!

Originally posted by RayGilda:
Another record for Holbrook was the distinction of losing the first opening day game at the new stadium. That was certainly an omen for the season...!!!
Oh, but the Pollyannas wanted no complaints from the sheep (fans). You must remember: losing in baseball is the 'American Way". Patton got it wrong. America LOVES a loser, right?

Originally posted by RayGilda:
Don't forget the distinction of being shut out for the first time at Carolina Stadium by an opponent....CLEMMONS!

^
Yep, making headlines for the wrong reasons. Hopefully he doesn't get the distinction of missing the SEC and NCAA tournament. When was the last time that happened?

Post season play is not likely. Ridiculous for the Gamecocks not to reach post season play in baseball. Pitiful. It can be fixed and fairly quickly but we have to have a new coach to do it.

Granted I'm a young buck, but I don't know what it's like for the Gamecocks not to be in the postseason. Always took that as automatic thing

Originally posted by jon#:
Granted I'm a young buck, but I don't know what it's like for the Gamecocks not to be in the postseason. Always took that as automatic thing
You're about to experience it.

Originally posted by Rod Dangerfield:

Originally posted by jon#:
You're about to experience it.
Afraid so. The first games I remember going to were back when we had the killer B's- Bauer, Barber, and Bouknight.. Those were the days

those people got 2 choices, back the entire team, coaches and players or not...because one guarantee is Holbrook WILL

be the USC baseball coach next year

Elton Pollock of PC is the best college baseball coach in this state! I'm not a PC fan, but have seen his teams whip bigger schools through the years. They field cleanly, always hit the correct cut off, protect the plate with two strikes, and their pitchers usually throw strikes low and on the corners, without many walks. They are disciplined, energetic, and very well coached in all the fundamentals of the game.

I never said he wouldn't be here next year.... I just don't think he can fix it because he's not a very good coach. But I do believe a good coach can get us back on top fairly quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT