ADVERTISEMENT

President Front Runner Named by P&C

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyCock

Jan 4, 2020
Columbia
Per P&C, Purdue University's Engineering Dean, Mung Chuang, is the top pick to become the next President at USC. Not sure how much he's going to care about sports.

But we have to completely abandon the search process the Board themelves came up with because "someone else is about to hire him." Sound familiar? Turned out to be DeVry Tech for Caslen. McMaster and his buttboys on the Board need to become better liars. If you liked Soviet and Castro-Cuba elections, you'll love this. I always said, what USC needs is a BOT that functions like more like the Politburo

• Haha
Reactions: jsusc
Who knows. The BoT seems compromised and unimaginative. Considering how well-liked Pastides is, I hope he has some input or insight.

Who knows. The BoT seems compromised and unimaginative. Considering how well-liked Pastides is, I hope he has some input or insight.
People like Pastides because we were good at football at the start of his presidency.

The reality is, he's just a crook like all of the other BOT members.

Reactions: bluehose2014
Do we know for certain this be a poor choice? I know nothing about him but he may be a fine choice as a President. Maybe not good from athletics perspective but maybe he can advance the University in academics & research. Will need to know more about him

Reactions: caughtlookin
Do we know for certain this be a poor choice? I know nothing about him but he may be a fine choice as a President. Maybe not good from athletics perspective but maybe he can advance the University in academics & research. Will need to know more about him
That's why I said who knows. I am skeptical just based on the last search. We brought in 4 candidates to interview, but the decision was already made. It, at least, gave students, faculty, and community members an idea of who was being considered.

People like Pastides because we were good at football at the start of his presidency.

The reality is, he's just a crook like all of the other BOT members.
He is?

He was liked because he was present and he and his wife were good representatives of the university. They both seemed to love the university. I honestly can't speak to anything more than that.

Last edited:
A Chinese communist educated, west coast liberal academic will be a natural fit, I am sure.
Well, much as I hate it, the conservative, military career man bombed out. After our recent debacle, it's going to be hard to oppose any person based on type alone. If he's the guy, I wish him the best. He's coming from Purdue and has been involved in commercial and high-tech research projects, some endeavors involving national defense, things which don't exactly connote a Cal-Berkeley outlook.

I thought that was funny, too. Some people must not read the board too often. You're a gun grabber and also want to force people to be vaccinated at the point of a gun. I don't know how they could label you a conservative.

No conservative is stupid enough to think Muschamp would have won 8 games this year.

• Haha
Reactions: duckcock2.0.0
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT