ADVERTISEMENT

Punt return. Another area that needs improvement.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
With a struggling offense we give up several yards per game with the decisions of the punt returner. At least twice last night the returner made a bad decision. And I’ve noted in earlier weeks we seldom try to return punts that are returnable.
I don’t understand why we can’t improve this? It really shouldn’t take much coaching if any. But it costs us field position every game. I know we aren’t good but not improving this phase only highlights our problems. When you struggle to score you try and capitalize on every yard you can get!

With a struggling offense we give up several yards per game with the decisions of the punt returner. At least twice last night the returner made a bad decision. And I’ve noted in earlier weeks we seldom try to return punts that are returnable.
I don’t understand why we can’t improve this? It really shouldn’t take much coaching if any. But it costs us field position every game. I know we aren’t good but not improving this phase only highlights our problems. When you struggle to score you try and capitalize on every yard you can get!
Though the special teams coach was the best in the NCAA.

this is spot on!

Reactions: Judson1
Isn’t Vann at least the third guy they’ve tried back there? I’m curious if they’ve tried enough other people that they are just going for hands at this point and don’t want Vann doing anything to get hurt.

We need another Ace Sanders back there. He was always a threat to take it to the House.

I don't see the sense in fair catching ball inside the 15 yard line let it hit or return it a football ain't like a wedge shot it could bounce right on the endzone. JMO

I'd like to see JuJu back there. I know he fumbled one a few games back and i haven't seen him return a punt since. I think he deserves another shot at it because he has that Ace Sanders quickness and speed. He is deep on the kick returns but most of those aren't returned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT