ADVERTISEMENT

QB Dakereon Joyner

Joyner is as much a symbol for recruiting than anything else at this point. I think he could be a difference maker at QB, but in my mind, it is secondary to show that Muschamp can recruit a specific type of player right now in the state. He put so much effort into the idea of winning with local guys last year to combat Clemson's cherry picking of local talent that many have taken it as the mantra of the team.

2018 was to be THE BIG YEAR for recruiting. XT, Belk, Joyner all in state and heavy leans. Muschamp has a strangle on the state is all I heard. XT, Belk, Kendrick are off the board because Clemson wanted them. Clemson has every guy that they wanted in state. If Joyner leaves the state, the mantra is sitting pretty empty. He is a MUST get for this staff.

I think he will be a Gamecock, but Carolina is in a bad spot if he goes to State, losing a lot of face about just how attractive Muschamp can make this program to recruits in South Carolina in the coming cycles

Totally agree with you . Losing out on Joyner and XT would be a MAJOR blow to his credibility. He's got to get this one closed . If we wiff on all of our big time Targets this recruiting class then I think Champ is gonna be in big trouble going forward . He's gotta get this one done .

lets see, hmm, you are a High School QB (i wasnt i played Basketball, but) and say you wanted to put up some gawdy numbers to impress the NFL.. Nothing against SC, but i too would consider the ACC, i would much rather go up against Syracuse, BC, Wake, Duke, GT, etc etc defenses than, Bama, LSU, A&M, Georgia, Miss st, etc etc. But I sure hope he takes the tougher route, and picks SC.

Who was the last recruit down to NC State and USC? Doesn't seem like a common battle we have.

I remember a tight end out of Irmo, Joe Gray? That picked them because of their bed sizes during the Holtz era
There was a pretty good RB about 5-10 years ago. I think he was from Irmo. Can't remember his name.

Greens career started promising enough but then trouble

Drug charge latest setback for NCSU’s Mustafa Greene
5 Comments
By John TaylorApr 12, 2012, 7:57 AM EDT

After leading North Carolina State in rushing as a true freshman in 2010, Mustafa Greene was viewed by many as a rising player at his position. Unfortunately, the running back’s career has been on a downhill trajectory ever since.

A foot injury ultimately cost Greene the entire 2011 season. Then, Greene ran into some discipline-related issues earlier this spring that has kept him out of practice and fueled speculation that he might not be long for the program.

Now, Greene has an off-field legal issue that will no doubt cast further doubt on his future with the Wolfpack.

According to the Charlotte Observer, Greene was charged April 2 with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. The Observer explains that the charge stems from police serving an outstanding warrant at Greene’s residence:

Greene, 20, of Irmo, S.C., had an outstanding warrant from a traffic stop in Rowan County in February when Raleigh police went to his off-campus apartment the evening of April 2. According to the police report, a “grinder” for marijuana, with marijuana residue, was found in Greene’s possession.

Greene originally was charged with six traffic violations in Rowan County on Feb. 10, including speeding, reckless driving to endanger and driving without a license or insurance. Greene is scheduled to appear in Rowan County court on April 27.

The paper notes that the legal run-in is a separate issue from what led to Greene being sidelined during the spring. Of the misdemeanor charge, head coach Tom O’Brien would only say that he is “aware of the situation, and the appropriate action will be taken.”

Would be nice to get him but don't count out NC State. They are selling him that they can get him to the NFL. They have 3-4 QBs in the NFL. They still claim Russell Wilson even tho he transferred.

Russell Wilson played three years at NCC state so they have a right to claim him. it's not like Wisconsin is some QB power house where he played his final year

Are we really arguing if NC State can claims R Wilson or not, Lol, such a boring part of the year!

xLFJwzF.gif

Getting Joyner is imperative - period. Accomplishing this will send a message that our program is ABLE to land top tier talent especially one who is a local product. By the same token, it will also send a message that top tier talented players are WILLING to contribute to our rebuilding process despite enticing offers from other established programs. Make no bones about it, getting Joyner at this recruiting stage is critical and significant in so many areas!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT