ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Hulu users

If you are getting anything over 20mbps then you should be able to stream at 2 locations at the same time with no problem. I use to average about 20mbps without any issues. Now a larger company bought out my local company and we are up to 200mbps.
I get 200mbps also and it couldn’t hold it. It was freezing. I play games online also on my wifi and my games never have issues with lag.

Hulu + live TV doesn't have Fox Regional (now Bally's) sports channels, MLB Network or NFL Network. As of this month Disney bundle is part of the basic package. So that handles ESPN+. It does have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNews, ACC, SEC, FS1, FS2 & Big10. I get the local network channels in Greenville. I like it.
Actually, it DOES have NFL Network. I meant to say it doesn't have the NHL Network.

I like Dish still but only gripe is not being able to buy NFL Sunday Ticket because it’s only offered through DirectTV and I can’t get Bally Sports to watch Hockey Games. Dish has a Dish Anywhere app that works like YouTube TV and Hulu Live and SlingTV that connects to your Dish DVR. It’s pretty cool because I can watch it anywhere like YTTV but my internet couldn’t hold 2 or more YouTube TV’s live at the same time with Fire Sticks. If I wanted tv in my house I had to stay with Dish. I have pretty decent quality Spectrum internet with very good routers too. I would have used one of them but it wouldn’t work for me. Maybe I need to try Cromecasts or Google TV dongles like someone said that it has less issues on them instead of Fire Sticks.
Yeah I had the 50 speed internet and went up to 150 just for my son's gaming. The fire sticks sucked with either speed. Chromecast always works better but it's not perfect either.

Reactions: svjkn3
I get 200mbps also and it couldn’t hold it. It was freezing. I play games online also on my wifi and my games never have issues with lag.
Likely the fire stick. I have had issues with them. Bought 2 Apple TV’s and never looked back

Reactions: svjkn3
We got away from direct tv and charter(spectrum) years ago. We have internet, firesticks, Apple tv boxes, and a Roku tv. For sports on the firestick, I use the silk browser and streameast.live.

Reactions: mikeypen
Worked in this industry for years (25+)
Can’t stand giving spectrum a nickel but until there’s a fiber option I expense our internet bill to work. We left Directv for Hulu almost 3 years ago. None of them are great or have exactly everything but particularly in sports & more so Gamecock baseball & basketball Hulu has won our $, we are $50 less than our best directv rate ever was, with Starz & the Baby Yoda network & we can stream at the tailgate.
For the extra 40 I might $ave I still can’t pull the charter plug……keep thinking after a fb season I’d do it…….hell, 1/2 the time I’m sitting in WillieB!……..give the devil his due, he be very dependable.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT