ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Kingston, speed and power?

umdterpcock

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2003
Where does he feel like our roster is right now in regards to speed and power. Are we currently sufficient, in his view? Is it just that our hitters need a different approach, or is that ok?

Or does he feel like we're a couple of recruiting cycles away from where we need to be?

These are some questions I'd have for our new coach if given then chance to ask him

I'd be curious to hear his answer to such a question. I guess he can't really come in and say he has a bunch of bums on the roster, but I can't help but feel that he needs to improve the talent, size, speed, and power a bit.

The biggest concern about Coach K. is can he recruit?
I'm not concerned about anything he can do coaching wise, including recruiting. I'm just curious about what he thinks of our guys right now? Are they big enough strong enough fast enough? And what will he have to do to transform them into the team he wants.

I'm not concerned about anything he can do coaching wise, including recruiting. I'm just curious about what he thinks of our guys right now? Are they big enough strong enough fast enough? And what will he have to do to transform them into the team he wants.
I don't think our current roster sports enough talent to get to Omaha. Chad's recruiting was a bit overrated aside from pitching.

Reactions: ole bowl guy
I hope that we can find someone to teach base stealing. We have not been able to capitalize on any speed that we have because our guys don't have very good technique for stealing bases. Even when we've had really fast guys, they were not good base stealers.

Reactions: rogue cock
I hope that we can find someone to teach base stealing. We have not been able to capitalize on any speed that we have because our guys don't have very good technique for stealing bases. Even when we've had really fast guys, they were not good base stealers.
We haven't had a base stealing threat since Tanner English and for that matter, someone who could bunt the baseball.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT