ADVERTISEMENT

Rain drops are falling on my head. Official game thread.

Something ain't clicking on offense. I think on that last pass Shi was slow getting into his route. Ball may have been overthrown a little. Hard to tell which it was.

Reactions: CQCKnFIRE
Surely we can find something other than "slow running play into pile" and "overthrow deep ball" on the play sheet right?

Guess not. Gotta execute better #3. Or not put the game completely on the kid's back in the first place in rainy conditions coaches. SMDH.

Guess not. Gotta execute better #3. Or not put the game completely on the kid's back in the first place in rainy conditions coaches. SMDH.
Execution is play by play. When you throw deep ball after deep ball with same result each time eventually you realize it’s not execution problem it’s a play calling problem because your asking your players to do something they are not able to do.

Reactions: Vincent Hanna
Like I said. Wet ball, wet field, everyone is a half step slower on wet grass.

But you also said we are taking the big shots...which is true. That is encouraging at least and hopefully they keep on calling those plays. He's bound to hit one eventually. (not being sarcastic) Let's get to halftime and see what happens in the 2nd.

Reactions: paladin181
Run, run pass incomplete.. 4th down...

Typical Gamecock Football...
It’s not a static situation. I hope you understand that. This is a 4 quarter, grind it out sort of a game. Call it typically if you want, but this is the type of game where you’re probably not going to put away the opponent until the end. Just trust the game plan...

Hilinski cannot make those long throws today, so why do we keep trying them?
It seems like EVERY PASS he makes is a home run ball! 10-15 yd short outs, throw to back out of backfield, something other than load it up and sling it. Our OC only makes a million a year so obviously he doesn't understand simple damn things like this.

It’s not a static situation. I hope you understand that. This is a 4 quarter, grind it out sort of a game. Call it typically if you want, but this is the type of game where you’re probably not going to put away the opponent until the end. Just trust the game plan...

Game plan is to keep the offense in, and the defense on the sideline... It seems we're too much in a hurry to put Florida's defense on the sideline...

I hope we can make some adjustments for the second half. I guess we are trying to take what they give us, but surely there's got to be more plays that will work besides running up the middle and throwing long passes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT