ADVERTISEMENT

Rarely ever post negatively but

nursegirl25

Aug 29, 2005
tonight was absolutely $iss poor, pathetic effort. Do we even take batting practice? Kid that closed it down for Citadel ( from Lexington) you'd think was Nolan Ryan. Was throwing almost all 88-91 mph FB's and we wernt close to catching it.
Only guy hitting anything ( Stokes) leadoff triple in the 8th and Tolbert and Williams put together 2 of the friggin worst plate appearances possible.
I swear I got 9-10 year old Rec kids with better plate approach sometime.

Hell I wish Friday I'd see 5-6 new faces cause this ain't working!

tonight was absolutely $iss poor, pathetic effort. Do we even take batting practice? Kid that closed it down for Citadel ( from Lexington) you'd think was Nolan Ryan. Was throwing almost all 88-91 mph FB's and we wernt close to catching it.
Only guy hitting anything ( Stokes) leadoff triple in the 8th and Tolbert and Williams put together 2 of the friggin worst plate appearances possible.

Actually throwing 87-88. And we were still late. Pathetic

Reactions: cockofdawn

Hate to say it but we have to have played one of the worst non-conference schedules in the country so far and have nothing to show for it.

Again, you people suck. A first year coach and you give him no chance. This forum is nothing but bashing of the athletic program it is supposed to be a fan site for. Congrats. You guys did it. You ran me off. I'm done with this pathetic excuse of a fan site.
He's being paid $600,000 a year NOT to lose games to The Citadel. We aren't expecting miracles here, but we are expecting to beat teams we are supposed to beat. Do you think our overall talent is worse than The Citadel?

Y’all are crazy. Kingston is trying to win with Holbrooks players.
And, having the same results. Looking forward to the time when we will see all new faces on the team and when we start recruiting guys who can hit. Speed is important, but it does absolutely nothing for you if you can't get on base.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Do you truly believe Ray will fire a first year coach? Or is this just your emotion speaking?
Didn't say anything of the sort. I said if he loses to Holbrook then you will most likely see dwindling fan support the rest of the year and next year until he starts winning a lot of games. Losing to the coach we just ran off to replace with you is a hole he doesn't want to dig out of.

Have to score runs to win mid week games, we put all of our pitching into UF. &. Stay with me here

If Hill has a better showing we have a chance at The series. That’s Baseball

Again, you people suck. A first year coach and you give him no chance. This forum is nothing but bashing of the athletic program it is supposed to be a fan site for. Congrats. You guys did it. You ran me off. I'm done with this pathetic excuse of a fan site.
Be careful! The beta males on this site will report you and have you banned! You are only supposed to agree with all they say and spell Clemson in idiotic ways like Freddie B.

Reactions: 01fatboy and Zann77
Bye.
giphy.gif

Really getting tired of seeing us fly out when we get a runner on second. It's been our mode of operation for years... magnified late in games. Was hoping the new coach would put a stop to it quicker than now. Still waiting.

This season may be longer than most of us expected. It looks like it's going to take a bit longer for the change in philosophy to take hold. And dammit...we just don't have the pitching. It's frustrating because you see flashes of improvement and then we're right back into the old habits. There is a reason people say "old habits die hard". We're seeing it now. There is no doubt that the guys like playing for CMK, more than they did CCH. There is no reason not to sugar coat it. LT took care of that for us after the Clemsux series. It just may take a full year before all the bad habits are exorcised.

Reactions: rogue cock
This season may be longer than most of us expected. It looks like it's going to take a bit longer for the change in philosophy to take hold. And dammit...we just don't have the pitching. It's frustrating because you see flashes of improvement and then we're right back into the old habits. There is a reason people say "old habits die hard". We're seeing it now. There is no doubt that the guys like playing for CMK, more than they did CCH. There is no reason not to sugar coat it. LT took care of that for us after the Clemsux series. It just may take a full year before all the bad habits are exorcised.
Pitching isnt the biggest problem, IMO.. Heck they got out hit by an 8-11 Citadel team, to the tune of 8-5...ony 5 hits.. The University of South Carolina baseball team should get more than five hits against the Citadel's mid week staff..

Pitching isnt the biggest problem, IMO.. Heck they got out hit by an 8-11 Citadel team, to the tune of 8-5...ony 5 hits.. The University of South Carolina baseball team should get more than five hits against the Citadel's mid week staff..
Actually my post was referring more to our approaches at the plate, not just last night but so far this season. I simply referenced that we don't have pitching either. The sad part is that wouldn't have been any better, coaching change or not.

He's being paid $600,000 a year NOT to lose games to The Citadel. We aren't expecting miracles here, but we are expecting to beat teams we are supposed to beat. Do you think our overall talent is worse than The Citadel?
Tell the players

Actually my post was referring more to our approaches at the plate, not just last night but so far this season. I simply referenced that we don't have pitching either. The sad part is that wouldn't have been any better, coaching change or not.
I think we need you as coach - sincerely. You love and know the game to the point you deserve a shot.

Last edited:
I think we need you as coach - sincerely. You love and know the game enough to the point you deserve a shot.
That is all my Daddy's doing. He started teaching me the ins and outs of the game from the first moment he took me to a game at 5 years old. He wanted his little girl to be a princess AND know sports.

Last edited:

You beat me to it. It isn't just that CMK is playing with Holbroke's players. He's got the unenviable task of deprogramming them not only of all their old bad habits, but also of their old attitudes and confidence levels.

Sadly, this won't totally happen in one season. :(

I thought Holbrook was a strong recruiter but a lousy in game coach?
You have to understand, Robert. The same people that go to mat for people like Holbrook are the same ones that will continue to blame him for years to come if the new coach doesn't produce.

I think we need you as coach - sincerely. You love and know the game enough to the point you deserve a shot.
I agree with you. The football commenters on here especially are a joke. Few have any idea about what they speak. Few have even played on a micro high school team and have only seen a good HS team play from the stands as a spectator. All they can do is offer silly comments and make fun of the way Clemson is spelled.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT