ADVERTISEMENT

Rarely ever post negatively but

Pitching isnt the biggest problem, IMO.. Heck they got out hit by an 8-11 Citadel team, to the tune of 8-5...ony 5 hits.. The University of South Carolina baseball team should get more than five hits against the Citadel's mid week staff..

Does not remember Elon in 2000 against one of our best teams ever.

Reactions: caigmaster
Why doesn't Giancarlo Stanton get a hit every time at bat? He's paid $300 million! Is he not more talented than the pitchers he is facing? Making excuses is for losers! Produce or else, it's that simple!

Reactions: SCexpat38
Be careful! The beta males on this site will report you and have you banned! You are only supposed to agree with all they say and spell Clemson in idiotic ways like Freddie B.
I'm not a beta male, and I haven't reported you, but your posts are so obvious it's laughable.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Again, you people suck. A first year coach and you give him no chance. This forum is nothing but bashing of the athletic program it is supposed to be a fan site for. Congrats. You guys did it. You ran me off. I'm done with this pathetic excuse of a fan site.
The stupid is strong on here my friend.

Not sure how wanting to win in a sport we use to dominate is "trashing the athletic program". I just don't accept that we are losing to better teams. If we are then something is more wrong than I thought and the recruiting rankings are all screwed up. Player development is what's lacking the most in my opinion. To me that's the most disappointing thing so far about Kingston. I expected him to get more out of these players. Look at what Muschamp has managed to squeeze out of what he was left!

Not sure how wanting to win in a sport we use to dominate is "trashing the athletic program". I just don't accept that we are losing to better teams. If we are then something is more wrong than I thought and the recruiting rankings are all screwed up. Player development is what's lacking the most in my opinion. To me that's the most disappointing thing so far about Kingston. I expected him to get more out of these players.
Fans on sites like this want to act like it comes down to what they will and won't "accept"...I know that's a comforting notion but it doesn't work that way. Coming on here all blustery like "I don't put up with losers!" does nothing. We're not children you're trying to teach a lesson to.

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
Fans on sites like this want to act like it comes down to what they will and won't "accept"...I know that's a comforting notion but it doesn't work that way. Coming on here all blustery like "I don't put up with losers!" does nothing. We're not children you're trying to teach a lesson to.
This site represents a small fraction of the fans you see at the games. I can't speak for them but I can imagine they are frustrated as well. That's why I said don't be surprised if you start seeing empty seats if this continues, and it will have nothing to do with this board. People just don't like paying to watch bad baseball. Hell, that's what the Atlanta Braves are for!

If by not "accepting" means they won't buy tickets and concessions, etc., it certainly will work.

This season may be longer than most of us expected. It looks like it's going to take a bit longer for the change in philosophy to take hold. And dammit...we just don't have the pitching. It's frustrating because you see flashes of improvement and then we're right back into the old habits. There is a reason people say "old habits die hard". We're seeing it now. There is no doubt that the guys like playing for CMK, more than they did CCH. There is no reason not to sugar coat it. LT took care of that for us after the Clemsux series. It just may take a full year before all the bad habits are exorcised.
That's what I've seen. Seems when the pressure is on, the old habits at the plate start popping up. Seen Tolbert when things were going well, choke up on the bat late in the count and become a pure contact hitter and do a damned good job of it. Also have seen him swinging wildly late in the count when we were behind and needed runs. It's just going to take time....they were taught very poorly.

Fitted_To_Negative_Post_2.jpg

Negative Post.
But a special one with an on/off switch....We all need to use it...lol

That's what I've seen. Seems when the pressure is on, the old habits at the plate start popping up. Seen Tolbert when things were going well, choke up on the bat late in the count and become a pure contact hitter and do a damned good job of it. Also have seen him swinging wildly late in the count when we were behind and needed runs. It's just going to take time....they were taught very poorly.
Good point. Contact is key to productivity. And you have to do what it takes to stay alive at the plate.

Reactions: rogue cock
tonight was absolutely $iss poor, pathetic effort. Do we even take batting practice? Kid that closed it down for Citadel ( from Lexington) you'd think was Nolan Ryan. Was throwing almost all 88-91 mph FB's and we wernt close to catching it.
Only guy hitting anything ( Stokes) leadoff triple in the 8th and Tolbert and Williams put together 2 of the friggin worst plate appearances possible.
I swear I got 9-10 year old Rec kids with better plate approach sometime.

Hell I wish Friday I'd see 5-6 new faces cause this ain't working!
Tolbert and Williams couldn't deliver anything at the plate last year. Kingston might prove to be not the home run hire some thought he was.

Be careful! The beta males on this site will report you and have you banned! You are only supposed to agree with all they say and spell Clemson in idiotic ways like Freddie B.
there is a reason clemson fans and others laugh when you bring up fgf.....unfortunately we are outnumbered

I'd like to take a bat to Holbrook and beat him to a pulp.
WTF is wrong with you people? The guy may not have been the best of coaches, but I'm sure he tried his best and wanted to win and be successful. He lost his f@$%g job over it for Christ's sake. Let it go. Nobody deserves this kind of vitriol.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Was watching the Tennessee game after Braves were over last night and some cat was hollering at the ump after that foul ball call that got overturned.

He sounded on TV like this hobo I bumped into one night while partying in Savannah many years ago.
The guy was taking a crap in an alley and screaming "help me" in the kind of voice that makes you want to go in the other direction fast as you can.

Anyway, what some probably think of as passion sounds an awful lot like a somebody who got turned loose from a nuthouse.

I think same can be said of some folks on any messageboard who post idiotic condemnations of coaches or players, ADs, whatever.

They may think it's somehow a badge showing their level of fandom (or whatever) but some of it comes across as uncalled for and over the top to us less manic (or more sober) posters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT